Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Mel Kiper's March 4th Mock Draft

Dorsey is still top five talent, however he is damaged goods. On the other side of that however, is that he has played through it and still had dominant games. The problem comes in when you go from the past and look to what he could do for us. The fact that he's been somewhat injury prone already signals to me that he's more than likely to be injury prone in the NFL. I'm thinking kinda like a Marcus Stroud, who is dominant when healthy, but you'll never get a full season from him.

I'm sure he'll make the Raiders happy on draft day.

As for us, Chris Long is, and always has been my number one, after him, it's a toss up between Jake and Gholston. Gholston had a monster combine which solidifies him as a possible top five talent, but I'm not sure if he's top two. Of course, Mario Williams proved so far to be the much better choice than Reggie Bush when he wasn't considered a real #1 candidate.

Overall I feel like none of the round one OT's are likely to fall, but a DE is possible. On the flip side, OT is deep this year and we could potentially get a good one even at the top of round 3. If Gholston didn't have such a monster combine(and I know, combines mean nothing but what someone can train to), I don't think I could say this, but I think we shock everyone and take him at #2 if we can't trade down.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

You know, this really is the ONLY good thing about stinking up the joint in 2007:

With the #2 pick, SOMEONE who can make an impact will be available. Jake Long, Chris Long, Vernon Gholston, Glenn Dorsey..........ANY of them would make this team better from fairly close to Day 1.

Now, of course, we will and should argue and debate about which one is the BEST choice for this team, but I truly believe ANY of them will be a good choice for this team.

OTOH, if Goodell announces the 2nd pick of the draft as the backup TE from the Georgia School of Chiropractic Arts and Hair Care..........well that's a different story.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

thats the thing, the Rams cant really do wrong with this pick

unless they take Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Unless I missed something, Mel's draft gives us the chance to draft Derrick Harvey in the second round. I wouldn't cry about a combination of Harvey and Dorsey as our first day picks.
    Mel has him going to Carolina at #13. But we do have a shot at Quenton Groves in round #2 according to this mock. Groves may be better suited as a OLB in the 3-4 defensive scheme.

Go Rams!:r

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Mel has him going to Carolina at #13. But we do have a shot at Quenton Groves in round #2 according to this mock. Groves may be better suited as a OLB in the 3-4 defensive scheme.

Go Rams!:r
    I wouldnt mind having Groves at the second round. If we draft Jake Long for some odd reason, I wouldn't mind getting Groves.

Wolf is offline Registered User

Mel Kiper is a ****ing idiot. DeSean Jackson came into the combine too small, Dorsey isn't top 5 material with his rep of injuries, etc.

Mel Kiper thinks he's knows his stuff...but the only thing he knows how to do is a **** up a haircut.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Question to all of the experts on this board. Can any of you that have the obvious connections with player personnel and evaluation get me a job? Or maybe some gear? How about a couple of autographs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

JMHO, Dorsey is the guy who is going to drop down considerably further than anyone guessed. With his history of injuries, Ellis sitting there as a stud and the fact DT isn't a primary need to be taken high by a lot of teams. The guy will fall into the mid teens.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    JMHO, Dorsey is the guy who is going to drop down considerably further than anyone guessed. With his history of injuries, Ellis sitting there as a stud and the fact DT isn't a primary need to be taken high by a lot of teams. The guy will fall into the mid teens.
    Or he'll get picked at #4 by the Raiders to replace Warren Sapp, whom he pretty much is. He won't last past Cinci at #9, I guarantee you that. They'd die if he lasted that long.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Wow, I'd take that bet in a heatbeat.

Dorsey falls to mid-teens? No chance.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Dorsey is a flat out game changer. He is still a top 5 pick. Anyone in the top 5 could conceivably take him becuase DT isn't a strength on any of the teams in the top 5. I believe that Devaney is secretly love with Dorsey and if he evaluates Carriker and sees he could be a good bull rushing DE I think he will take him. Even with those injury's Dorsey was tough and played through them and was still a beast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)