shroomysoup is offline Registered User

Michael Crabtree to declare for NFL draft

Well, this is going to be pretty tempting for the Rams. Crabtree might be the next great WR in the NFL, but the Rams have issues on the offensive line. Torry Holt is probably gone. That leaves them thin at WR. Andre Smith or Crabtree?

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Re: Michael Crabtree to declare for NFL draft

IMO, he would have to run under a 4.4 for us to even THINK about selecting him. Otherwise, we have much more pressing needs.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I have not seen any source confirming that he's coming out.

keith m. klink Guest

WE don't even know who the head coach is , how do we know HOLT is gone , and we can't let him go anyway ( as stated by STARRFOX) our rookies are not ready to start, their on a learning curve and don't know how to play with others and run route's yet , and stuff . And TORRY HOLT was our only weapon ( double teamed all the time ya know ) . I based on the FO and HC we are doing something special whatever it is, because it rings in a new FO and HC new Owners and newer ones coming soon .

We think we know , but we got bubcus.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    WE don't even know who the head coach is , how do we know HOLT is gone , and we can't let him go anyway ( as stated by STARRFOX) our rookies are not ready to start, their on a learning curve and don't know how to play with others and run route's yet , and stuff . And TORRY HOLT was our only weapon ( double teamed all the time ya know ) . I based on the FO and HC we are doing something special whatever it is, because it rings in a new FO and HC new Owners and newer ones coming soon .

We think we know , but we got bubcus.

Hmm. Just in the other thread, you stated you don't put up with the "learning curve crap"?

With Crabtree, we could have a great receiving corps. But, then we could only upgrade our o-line with second rounders or third rounders, and the FA.

We either take Crabtree, then use our 2nd or 3rd for o-line, or we take en o-lineman in the first, and another one in the second or third.

LARAM is offline Registered User

My thoughts on Crabtree......

Although we have other major pressing needs, and most think Andre Smith is the best pick. There is still the possibility that Detroit may take him. I'm not convinced Stafford will be the Lions pick. These days Qb's are a bust at such a high pick. Detroit may go with another option (tradedown for more picks), or Andre Smith at #1, who knows at this time.

But I do think Crabtree is a special player, and I would hate to see him fall to the Squawks or *****. I just don't think we have a secondary to match up against him right now. I believe we could actually hurt the Squawks by not enabling them to pick the player they want and need.

Now I do like the idea of picking him, However I also like the idea of using him as a bargaining chip, for possibly a trade down for us. Maybe possibly we could get something huge for him in a trade. However if we kept him, we still can't complain.

Now to address our OL concerns......I believe there will be some quality picks in the later rounds. We could definately go OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we were able to conjure up a tradedown for Crabtree, we could possibly end up with a mid / late 1st round pick, a couple of 2nd rounders, throw in a 3rd or 4th, and maybe something extra for next year (2010 - 2nd or 3rd rounder). I could live with something like this.

Don't get me wrong though, I could still live with Andre Smith #2 pick .......Just my thoughts

keith m. klink Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rockinram View Post
    hmm. Just in the other thread, you stated you don't put up with the "learning curve crap"?

With crabtree, we could have a great receiving corps. But, then we could only upgrade our o-line with second rounders or third rounders, and the fa.

We either take crabtree, then use our 2nd or 3rd for o-line, or we take en o-lineman in the first, and another one in the second or third.

do ya not get sarcasm down in cowgirl land hhmmmmm.

eldfan is offline Registered User

ESPN is reporting it but we have other needs.
    :ramlogo:

keith m. klink Guest

I love the kids skills , i think he is really something special . He is a RS-soph. who has won as a player in some big games , and has 3 years in a system . But the truth is he has to have the brains to go with the skills in order to be a #1 or #2 pick . I remember KEYSHON JOHNSON and J.J. STOKES were hailed as gods of football . they did well , some better than others .

i said weeks ago to pick CRABTREE and have a mindblowing receiving corps. but we would need 2 high picks and maybe a FA to fix the ailing line and the fact we need high picks to cover defense needs this year , so CRAB is out .

Could you imagine . HOLT
    AVERY
    BURTON
    STANLEY
    LOOKER
    CRABTREE
    MCMICHAEL
    maybe BENNETT or HALL
    S.JAX
    This would be fun .And ya know it.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I believe there will be an official announcement on Tuesday, but I anticipate him coming out.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

How much of a difference is Crabtree going to make if Bulger is getting hit way before he can get him the ball. The only way I can justify Crabtree over a Tackle is if we sign Jordan Gross and trade Holt, because we will need the picks after going WR and we will need to clear up some cap space.

ENN107 is offline Registered User

1. Sam Bradford
    2. Michael Crabtree
    3. Andre Smith
    That's it. That's the list

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    1. Sam Bradford
    2. Michael Crabtree
    3. Andre Smith
    That's it. That's the list

I don't know how picking a WR before we even address the o-line problem is going to fix anything. Crabtree would be useless if we can't throw it to him.

Same with picking Bradford. He's going to get destroyed behind our o-line, and then everyone will call him a bust.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

one thing peeps should remember is that we aint drafting just for next year...if we cant find O-line help through the draft or F.A this year without spending a 2nd overall then we need another F.O clear out and even if we cant,so what?? we would be drafting Crabtree to be a 10 year starter..not just 1!

think long term guys & dolls!

id put Crabtree above any of the "this weeks favorite OT prospect"..to me its too interchanging from one week to the other..is Oher the best? is Andre or Jason smith? or maybe Eugene Monroe?
    the OT class is deep but everyone has question marks against them,i`d rather gamble with a 2nd round pick than a 2nd overall!

if you going purely B.P.A its gotta be Crabtree for the O and either Curry or Jenkins for the D, to me they are the only 3 players that id bet the farm on not being Busts!

i would say that Andre Smith is a sure fire starter but if we looking for that "franchise LT" then we may be disappointed as although he will make it of that im sure..im more inclined to believe its at the RT or OG positions than at LT!