sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Mid Senior Bowl Mock

1 - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: Dont feel like much needs to be said here. I think with the amazing play by LT Eric Fisher we actually will get our chance to draft Warmack. He's a beast, all there is to it.

1 - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford: The most complete TE in the draft, Ertz makes a nice target for Sam. Ertz reminds me of Gronk, as a big thick TE. Not a dominant blocker, but is willing. He is a terrific route runner, attacks the seams very well.

2 - Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon St: Explosive is the word I'll use here. Wheaton measured in at 5'11 only, but he is fast. He is a terrific route runner, and will provide a nice threat for us. Sort of reminds me of Greg Jennings.

3 - D.J Swearinger, FS, SC: Banger. Potential steal of the draft. Guy is big, physical, and a hard hitter. He is good in coverage, and is good at run stopping as well. He will take on a blocker and demolish the ball carrier.

4 - Datone Jones, DE/DT, UCLA: He's been LIGHTING the senior bowl up. I'd be surprised if he lasts this long, but he's a beast. He doesn't have a solidified position, but he is amazing at using his hands to absolutely blow by blockers. He's the only guy to beat Eric Fisher so far. I can envision him as a base DE, and a pass rushing DT on 3rd down.

5 - Christine Michael, RB, TA&M: Very impressive week at the E-W Shrine game. Powerful, explosive, has a nice jump cut. Reminds me a little bit of Frank Gore. He had some bad luck (broken leg, torn ACL) and had to be a back-up the past year. He's going to be a steal I think.

6 - David Quessenberry, OG, San Jose State: Quessenberry has been terrific at the senior bowl. He is totally off the map, but hes stonewalled everyone he's gone up against in the 1 on 1's. Powerful, and nasty. The guy is a very good pass protector for a OG, good run blocker too. I think Quessenberry can be a huge steal once Bou gets his hands on an already under-rated prospect.

7 - Zaviar Gooden, OLB, Mizzou: Gooden dissapointed this past year, but he has physical tools. Several teams have shown interest in him at the senior bowl, he can definitely develop. At the very worst he is depth and an ST addition, but I do believe he would beat out McIntosh for the job.

THE DREAM TEAM

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Mid Senior Bowl Mock

Nice draft, haven't heard too much about Wheaton but I'd settle for a poor man's Greg Jennings any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Nice draft, haven't heard too much about Wheaton but I'd settle for a poor man's Greg Jennings any day of the week
    Thanks, and to me Jennings is more polished in the sense that he isn't the biggest, strongest, or fastest, but his route running and his hands is what makes him a great WR.

Wheaton is similar in the sense that he has terrific hands and is a polished route runner. The difference is that Wheaton is thinner, coming in about 15 lbs lighter than Jennings. He is a speed demon.

THE DREAM TEAM

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Wow he's really good, surprised I haven't heard of him before. What impresses me the most about him is his running after the catch, he's pretty shifty

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Wow he's really good, surprised I haven't heard of him before. What impresses me the most about him is his running after the catch, he's pretty shifty
    Yup. I like Wheaton, I think he could be a great addition here. I'm curious to see what WR's drop to our pick, there may even be better selections, this class is deep with no clear cut #1 or #2 options.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rammed is offline Registered User

That's one hell of a draft! But think most won't be there in the rounds you place them, mainly 3, 6 and 7.