Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

the Missouri prospects and the Rams..

theres often been cases where teams in the NFL draft local college players.
    when we played in Cali,we were one of those teams but since moving we havent been.
    i guess Victor Adeyanju(Illinois) has been the only locally drafted player i can think of since the move,tho i may have forgotten some others..
    i know Trent Green was a local college product but im thinking about players we have drafted ourselves.

anyway with especially Missouri prospects in mind due to the fact that they seem to have quite a few good players in this years draft.
    if a local prospect is equal in skill set to another player from outside of the area i think it would be a good idea to draft the local boy for many reasons...e.g. a good and popular college player in the area may encourage more local people to go to the dome to root for him and therefore the Rams,wouldnt have to worry about if that young man can settle in the area etc..

which Missouri and other local college prospects in this years draft do you think we should draft if we can and where do you think they would be available..?

obviously i know Maclin is a 1st rounder and perhaps an option if we decide to go WR i think id prefer him over Crabtree. Evander "Ziggy" Hood is a possible late 1st but im not just thinking about them,also the other players in the later rounds..

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: the Missouri prospects and the Rams..

Stryker Sulak great pass rusher, but isn't really that big. He is a guy we could look at as a situational pass rusher in the 7th round or as an undrafted FA

txramsfan is offline Registered User

What about that S? Pig something?

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Pig Brown was a senior in the 2008 season, but didn't get drafted because he tore his achilles tendon. I think he might have been picked up as an UFA though.

This year:
    SS Willy Mo
    WR J-Mac
    DT Ziggy Hood
    WR Tommy Saunders (might get a look as a UFA)
    QB Chase Patton (might get a look as a UFA
    QB Chase Daniel
    DE Stryker Sulak
    TE Chase Coffman

next year...

WR Danario Alexander (6'5 210, 40+ inch vertical, terrible hands)
    OLB Sean Weatherspoon (1st round pick)

year after that...

CB Munir Prince (has ran a sub 4.3 forty)
    OT Elvis Fisher
    CB Carl Gettis
    RB Derrick Washington
    TE Andrew Jones

and year after that...

QB Blaine Gabbert (5 star sophomore)
    DT Sheldon Richardson (4th best recruit in the nation last year)
    OT Dan Hoch

of course for future years I am just picking my favorite players/highest rated recruits, but maybe that will be helpful to you

ramdanv is offline Registered User

I think Ziggy Hood (Missouri) could be wearing the Rams horns next year if he's still there for us in the second round.

Where's Western Illinois? (Macomb?). Jason Williams from there might become our new SSLB in the fourth round.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Yep, Ziggy has a shot to be our second round pick. Im not sure how William Moore did at Mizzous pro day, but at the beggning of this, it looked as if he could fall to us in the third, but with OJ and Butler, I highly doubt we use a first day pick on a safety with all the other holes there.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Im going to add to iStillBelieve's post.

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    Pig Brown was a senior in the 2008 season, but didn't get drafted because he tore his achilles tendon. I think he might have been picked up as an UFA though.

This year:
    SS Willy Mo
    WR J-Mac
    DT Ziggy Hood
    WR Tommy Saunders (might get a look as a UFA)-I promise you he is one of the hardest workers in the draft.
    QB Chase Patton (might get a look as a UFA
    QB Chase Daniel
    DE Stryker Sulak
    TE Chase Coffman-Such a great reciever he could probably be a number 2 wideout on a good team.

next year...

WR Danario Alexander (6'5 210, 40+ inch vertical, terrible hands)-His hands arent TERRIBLE, but hes got work to do.
    OLB Sean Weatherspoon (1st round pick)
    Also wideout Jared Perry could be here. He is a burner.

year after that...

CB Munir Prince (has ran a sub 4.3 forty)-Transfer from notre dame
    OT Elvis Fisher
    CB Carl Gettis
    RB Derrick Washington
    TE Andrew Jones--he is only a sophomore

and year after that...

QB Blaine Gabbert (5 star sophomore)
    DT Sheldon Richardson (4th best recruit in the nation last year)-This DT is so athletic, he returned kicks on his high school team.
    OT Dan Hoch

of course for future years I am just picking my favorite players/highest rated recruits, but maybe that will be helpful to you

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    Yep, Ziggy has a shot to be our second round pick. Im not sure how William Moore did at Mizzous pro day, but at the beggning of this, it looked as if he could fall to us in the third, but with OJ and Butler, I highly doubt we use a first day pick on a safety with all the other holes there.
    I posted this before
    "we want to get bigger on both sides of the ball"- Spags
    hood is smaller than both of our tackles right now.
    Carriker 6'6 310
    ryan 6'3 310
    hood 6'3 300
    "We want a big sloppy fat guy"- billy d.
    He's more of a speed threat
    He would be a very bad choice for us IMO.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    theres often been cases where teams in the NFL draft local college players.
    when we played in Cali,we were one of those teams but since moving we havent been.
    i guess Victor Adeyanju(Illinois) has been the only locally drafted player i can think of since the move,tho i may have forgotten some others..
    i know Trent Green was a local college product but im thinking about players we have drafted ourselves.
    Both Adeyanju and Green are Indiana alums. As a current Indiana grad student (library sciences), I happen to be a pretty good witness of the gigantic disaster area that is the Hoosier football program. I remember commercials from the fall where they tried to drum up interest in tickets by bringing up the (few) NFLers who went to Indiana, and reflecting that a disturbing number of Rams were being mentioned.

thanks for the feedback guys...from what i can gather although the current crop of draft prospects are talented players..there doesnt seem to be any really apart from maybe Maclin who fit into what we looking for...i think Ziggy could be like Fred Robbins for us as he is very similer IMO but alas..we have Carriker already and Ziggy is probably too light to play NT in the NFL anyway...

William Moore i thought would be a good prospect but now we got Butler,its unlikely...also ive heard Moore has been putting on a lil too much weight lately so maybe a position change might have to happen if he cant lose it.

thanks for the correction Peoria....i do recall him being drafted out of Indiana now...i wasnt sure where Trent had played his college football but knew he was a local boy of St.louis.

too bad that the Hoosiers are struggling for you....tho i guess it helps you concentrate on your studies more..

too bad that the Hoosiers are struggling for you....tho i guess it helps you concentrate on your studies more..
    I'll put it this way. I thought the Marmie-era Rams were horrible at tackling.

Then I watched Indiana's defense (which was supposed to be the team's strong suit).

Those Rams were frickin' all-Pros at tackling compared to the Hoosiers.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I'll put it this way. I thought the Marmie-era Rams were horrible at tackling.

Then I watched Indiana's defense (which was supposed to be the team's strong suit).

Those Rams were frickin' all-Pros at tackling compared to the Hoosiers.
    ouch Bad D is worse than a bad O in my books...a bad D suggests you are soft,where as a bad O suggests you just not very skilled...i would prefer to be called "not very skilled" than "soft" anyday of the week and twice on saturdays!

i havent followed much college sports in recent years...but aint Indiana got a good Basketball program..?

i do a bit of counselling on the side,so run with me on this..
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -03-27-2009 at 01:42 AM.

ouch Bad D is worse than a bad O in my books...a bad D suggests you are soft,where as a bad O suggests you just not very skilled...i would prefer to be called "not very skilled" than "soft" anyday of the week and twice on saturdays!

i havent followed much college sports in recent years...but aint Indiana got a good Basketball program..?

i do a bit of counselling on the side,so run with me on this..
    The (now former) coach of the basketball team got them put on probation and by the time the roster purge was done, the team had lost 99% of its scoring from last year. As a result, this was undisputedly the worst season in Indiana Hoosiers basketball history.

At least the new coach has a Top 10 recruiting class, though.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

i think Ziggy could be like Fred Robbins for us as he is very similer IMO but alas..we have Carriker already and Ziggy is probably too light to play NT in the NFL anyway...
    Spags and Devaney weren't around for the Carriker pick, so they may not be married to him. It's going to depend on what their evaluation of him is this offseason. If they really like Hood as a pass rusher in Spags' front four, they could go that route if he's there in the second round. Then let Hood and Carriker battle it out for the starting UT role.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Spags and Devaney weren't around for the Carriker pick, so they may not be married to him. It's going to depend on what their evaluation of him is this offseason. If they really like Hood as a pass rusher in Spags' front four, they could go that route if he's there in the second round. Then let Hood and Carriker battle it out for the starting UT role.
    that's an interesting take nick. I never thought of drafting Hood as someone to sompete for Carriker's spot. I don't think it will happen, but i also never thought of it as a possibility. Don't we have enough to speculate about this time of year? now you go and throw carriker's job security into the mix! Hahaha I'm gonna' go crazy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast