RamsFan16 Guest

Mizzou's Palmer glad Rams picked him

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...5?OpenDocument

Mizzou's Palmer glad Rams picked him
    By Kathleen Nelson
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    05/01/2006

Tony Palmer just can't shake his adopted state.

A native of Oklahoma, Palmer spent the last four years in Columbia, Mo., playing guard for the Tigers. He was ready to move on, preferably to an NFL city.

How about St. Louis? The Rams selected Palmer in the seventh round Sunday.

"Still with the wonderful state of Missouri," Palmer said. "It feels good to still be here."

Rams coach Scott Linehan called Palmer "a very powerful, large man, a guy that is the true definition of a road grader. He definitely passed the film test and did very well when we had a chance to test him and interview him during his time here."

He said Palmer, 6-2 and 330 pounds, would add youth to the interior of the Rams' offensive line, where starters Adam Timmerman and Andy McCollum have 25 years of experience between them.

Palmer was the seventh player from the University of Missouri the Rams have drafted but the first since 1988, when they selected running back Robert Delpino. A captain on offense, Palmer helped the squad rank sixth in the nation in rushing last year.

"They told me that they are looking for me to come in and learn the system and just be the best player I can be and make the roster," Palmer said.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Mizzou's Palmer glad Rams picked him

he doesnt have to move far!!! poor Vernon Davis he has to move from Maryland to San Fran!

Drew4EverRams Guest

Re: Mizzou's Palmer glad Rams picked him

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...5?OpenDocument

Palmer was the seventh player from the University of Missouri the Rams have drafted but the first since 1988, when they selected running back Robert Delpino. A captain on offense, Palmer helped the squad rank sixth in the nation in rushing last year.

first ram weve drafted from missouri since weve been in missouri then,should be popular if he makes the grade!
    i think weve already got 2 missouri natives in ben noll and jeremy calahan,if im not mistaken,(just a useless note, nothing else!)