Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MMQB: The Secrets In St. Louis

Randart is offline Registered User

Re: MMQB: The Secrets In St. Louis

Well said Koa I agree with all of what you laid out mate. It would appear to us on the outside they are running in a best case scenario as you outlined! Thanks for your thoughts.
    KoaKoi likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Here is where I am with taking Clowney. If the Rams brass feel he's the pick and they feel Williams will have no problem getting plenty of playing time and plays out of Clowney I'm all for it. That said if they take him and it looks like Tavon and Shcotty where the offense did not have a clear plan from day one on how to use him, then I will be disappointed big time.
    And that is exactly the reason why I can't see us drafting Sammy Watkins, for instance.

Not that he isn't worthy of the selection, but our offensive philosophy does not particularly lend itself to a wide open passing game that would utilize the full potential of a WR like Watkins.

If we did draft Watkins, I would think we'd be returning to a more pass oriented offense, but that's certainly not what we've been hearing out of Rams Park.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    And that is exactly the reason why I can't see us drafting Sammy Watkins, for instance.

Not that he isn't worthy of the selection, but our offensive philosophy does not particularly lend itself to a wide open passing game that would utilize the full potential of a WR like Watkins.

If we did draft Watkins, I would think we'd be returning to a more pass oriented offense, but that's certainly not what we've been hearing out of Rams Park.
    Seemed for awhile we were headed that way, but out of necessity it just wasn't working and had to change to a run favored offense. I have a feeling the poor play of Richardson helped go that route and once we switched to Zac he made a big difference. Had Bradford not gotten hurt and had Stacey in the background they may have switched back to the wide open attack with Stacey giving good positive yards to compliment it.

Even if we don't take Watkins, taking Matthews makes me think we will try it again as he is way more polished in the passing game. If we take Robinson early I would think we will stick with the run heavy approach.

Plus it seems that Watkins is a true no. 1 receiver which tends to make an offense not have to be too creative to find a way to use him. By his play making, size, and skills there is no need to hide (not that you have to boring about it either). Austin on the other hand being a slot guy needed more scheming to make him be better utilized. Watkins and Quick/Bailey/Britt, could be the Holt Bruce outside combo and Austin be the Hakim and make us deadly again. Stacy is no Faulk, but still as far as WRs are concerned....

So this draft will be a very telling in what direction we plan to go. Pretty exciting stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12