Thread: Mock Draft !

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Mock Draft !

In this scenario (I want to switch it up from the usual) we trade our 1.2 (2,600 pts) to the Cincinnati Bengals for 1.17 (950 pts), 1.21 (800 pts), 2.53 (370 pts), and their 2nd and 4th rounders next year.

I will just do a mock draft.

1.17 Michael Floyd WR, Notre Dame: I believe Floyd will be the best WR in the draft. He runs nice routes, has great hands, good enough speed, and a big body. He is a perfect fit here.

1.21 Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia: He is the 2nd best OG in the draft but is extremely versatile. He is a mammoth and a road grader. Not to mention he dominated the senior bowl.

2.33 Zach Brown, OLB, UNC: The most athletic OLB in the draft. He can cover TE's and RB's all day. Has trouble separating from blocks but he is amazing at covering. He is a great fit.

2.53 Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson: We need tons of help at DT. Thompson is a beast and will start opposite from Bannan or an FA. We finally have an interior beast to go along with our stud DE's.

3.66 Doug Martin, RB, Boise State: Severely underrated RB. Has great cuts and amazing quickness. I believe he will be a top RB in this draft, just goes a little unnoticed. Martin will backup SJAX.

4.96 Tommy Streeter, WR, THE U: Streeter will be the steal of the draft. No questions asked. Hes 6'5 and is going to drop because he came out a year earlier than he should have. With good coaching he is going to be a monster forming our WR corps with Floyd.

6. Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida: Lets hope he can develop into a solid starting LB, if not its great depth and a nice special teamer. I think Jenkins can start opposite of Brown here.

7. Blair Walsh, K, Georgia: This makes Josh Brown expendable. Hes terribly inconsistent and does not deserve to be paid the $3 million that he is. Walsh will take his spot and save a nice cap hit.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Mock Draft !

First thing, I want to applaud you for going with a new choice. I'll make it one better. I don't see the Bengals making that move. Why? They have no need to go that high to get the guy the'd be targeting, and that would be Trent Richardson. I've suggested trading with the Bengals before, but as a second trade.

Say we traded with the Redskins. Now, we're in a spot that makes a bit more sense as the other top 5 are gone, so long as the Browns didn't take Richardson themselves after losing out on RG3. Unfortunately, the first team after the Redskins who might take Richardson is the Seahaws at 12. There could always be some trading up, but for a position that is becoming platooned there's going to be a lot of downward force on running backs. Richardson is that good, but he might not be worth that much.

If for whatever reason the Bengals trade up, I'll be more than happy to take it, but I don't see the reasoning from their standpoint(they can get him cheaper). Also, I doubt that Floyd lasts that long. Wright might be there though.

I'll look at some of the other picks in a bit, but like the positional order. Might look at Konz at 1.21.
    I believe!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I like it Sosa. If this draft happened i'd be able to live with it easy. I still dont think Streeter makes it passed the 3rd round, i think he'll be takin in the 2nd even. But if he doesnt have a great day at the combine the 4th round is a possibility. Lets hope that happens

RuffRams is offline Registered User

If it goes like this, I will have no complaints. Have to agree with Teke though, why would bengals need that high off a pick and they would not be willing to give up that much?

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    If it goes like this, I will have no complaints. Have to agree with Teke though, why would bengals need that high off a pick and they would not be willing to give up that much?
    Why not? Maybe they want Morris Claiborne because Nate Clements is terrible and Leon Hall is coming off of season ending injury. Or Matt Kalil because Andre Smith is a bust. Perhaps to land TRICH, though they could get him later.

Whatever, im just trying to switch it up.

msha is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind this mock. Switched it up and still got a lot of good prospects that can help us for next year. Also got more picks for 2013 which can't hurt. Did Jenkins go pro? For some reason I thought he stayed at Florida.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Some good picks there, though I'm not wild about takeing an OG with the No. 21 pick and not upgrading the OT spot. I'd prefer Mike Adams in that spot.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Some good picks there, though I'm not wild about takeing an OG with the No. 21 pick and not upgrading the OT spot. I'd prefer Mike Adams in that spot.
    I agree with Av here.....we already have alot of cap money in Dahl and Guards are the one position on the Oline that can be drafted in the later rounds....

I would also lean OT or even Center there.....

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Why not? Maybe they want Morris Claiborne because Nate Clements is terrible and Leon Hall is coming off of season ending injury. Or Matt Kalil because Andre Smith is a bust. Perhaps to land TRICH, though they could get him later.

Whatever, im just trying to switch it up.
    I know was wondering if that draft spot trade could be realistic, but you could be quite right. The more I think about it, Bengals might pull an Atlanta, where they have made the playoffs so a very nice playmaker might help them immensely! They might get that feeling, and that feeling is all we need

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I was debating the same thing but then I look at my example, the Saints. At LT they have Jermon Bushrod whos average and at RT they have Zach Streif who should not step on a football field. Then at OG they got Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks the 2 best OG's in the NFL. Brees steps up in the pocket allllll day and the tackles just push their guys past Brees.

Thats why I ultimately went with an OG. I think the 3 middle pieces on our oline can be dominant and allow Sam to step up all day no matter what DE's are pass rushing past the tackles.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Mock Draft !-mac_approved.gif

All Fisher needs now is bubble gum, tin foil and a used matchstick.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

That's a solid mock.

I tend to agree with those who don't see the Bengals trading up, though I appreciate the desire to project something different than the typical Rams mocks.

I'm not a huge Floyd fan, but I like him in that range if he's available (if he runs as fast as his people claim he will, he may not be there).

I also agree with those who aren't sold on spending the 21st pick on a guard. I'm actually interested in seeing what the Bell/Dahl combo do under Fisher and a new line coach. I'd rather go OT there or possible DT if the value is right.

The only other suggestion I'd make is adding some depth to the secondary at some point rather than a second WR or OLB. Other than that, like I said, it's a very solid projection.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Really liked that you switched it up from the usual trades. The only thing i would change is picking Peter Konz instead of Glenn. But other than that i really like it.