Rambos is offline Registered User

This mock draft is about fixing the offense....

Off-Season

Restructure Jason Smith's Contract

Sign wide receiver Marques Colston
    Re-sign wide receivers Lloyd and Amendola

Rd. 1 Matt Kalil LT USC:
    The offensive line should be anchored with Matt Kalil. He is the younger brother of Ryan Kalil who blocked well for Panthers and Rookie Cam Newton this year. Ryan was named to his third pro bowl. It's hard for Ram fans to keep drafting O linemen that can't miss, but with Matt Kalil playing at a high level runs in the family.

Rd. 2 Peter Konz C Wisconsin:
    The Rams continue to build the offense line with youth by adding Peter Konz to the mix. The Rams are building a line that will protect Bradford for a decade and play as a unit for years to come. Peter will be making the transition to the NFL with a familiar face as his former teammate Lance Kindricks will be lining up with him once again. Projected as a late first round the Rams get him on the second day with the second pick of the second round.

Rd. 3 LaMichael James, RB: Oregon: SJax has been a one man show for too long. When most NFL teams are using two RB the Rams are still riding SJax too much. The Rams passed on Darren Sproles in free agency. They could draft his clone, 5'9, 185 pounds James is not an every down back but would be a much needed change of pace back. James was the NCAA leader in rushing yards per game each of the last two years, he would be a nice play-maker for the Rams. Rushed for over 1500 yards his first 3 years... The knock is he's to small.. heard that before.

Rd. 4 Ladarius Green, TE La.-Lafayette: Kindricks has shown he has huge upside but behind Kindricks, Billy Bajema, Stephen Spach and the often injured Hoomanawanui does not inspire. At 6-6 Green brings size and play making abilities. Led all tight ends nationally in receiving yardage 794, receiving yards-per-game (79.4), receiving yards-per-catch (18.0), games with 80 yards or more receiving (7) and receiving touchdowns (7) … Made a catch of 20 yards or longer in all but one game he played, despite being double-teamed on over 90% of his routes . Stats from CBSsports.

QB: Bradford
    RB: Jackson / James
    FB: Miller
    WR: Colston / Lloyd / Amendola / Salas / Pettis
    TE: Kendricks / Ladarius Green
    LT: Kalil
    LG: Smith
    C: Konz
    RG: Dahl
    RT: Saffold

We could have seven players that could help to turn this offense around next year. Considering Lloyd did not get here until week six and Amendola was lost in week one. The Rams new look offense could have seven players making huge contributions.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-28-2011 at 12:28 PM.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: This mock draft is about fixing the offense....

okay i have had enough of this Saffold to RT talk....Please tell me what dahl has done to lose his job at RT? He has played better at RT than RG this year.

Edit: great pick in Konz i really wish we get him he will just solidify our entire o-line

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    okay i have had enough of this Saffold to RT talk....Please tell me what dahl has done to lose his job at RT? He has played better at RT than RG this year.

Edit: great pick in Konz i really wish we get him he will just solidify our entire o-line
    Clearly Dahl is a better RG than RT. Hes playing out of position. I'd love the line of Kalil/Smith/Konz/Dahl/Saffold.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Dahl is fit for the RG position. He's not bad at RT, but he plays better at RG.

LaMichael James also gives us a different dynamic to the offense with his speed. Webb brings us size in the wake of Danario Alexander's probable leave. Peter Konz will most likely not be available in the 2nd round.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I like it but I do not want another tight end. Sign a tight end or something but no more mid round draft picks at TE.

I also think we have to take at least one corner in the top 3 or 4 picks. I say we pass on taking a center and take a cb instead. I also wouldn't mind seeing us swap picks with Miami or even us taking RG III. I don't want to give up on Bradford but Griffin is just an insane talent.