sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Mock Draft...the best one?

FREE AGENTS

Justin Blalock, OG, Falcons: We need a mauler and like someone else stated 3 out of the 5 lineman on the Faclons are FA's. Someone will be let go and it looks like Blalock will be the most likely. This fills a huge need.

Sidney Rice, WR, Vikings: We need a big play receiver. We need a #1 who can stretch the field and be a serious threat. We get all of that in Sidney Rice, and the best upside is that he is still young.

DRAFT

Well, first off I will say we trade down to #25 with our rival seahawks and receive their 4th and 5th in the process. They need a QB and we will take all the draft picks we can get.

1: Allen Bailey, DE/DT, Miami: This guys a monster. He will fill a big need on the defensive line and would be a great pick up at 25. He is very powerful and would create terror with Chris Long.

2: Mason Foster, OLB, Washington: A very hard worker and is very dedicated. Improved rapidly as the season progressed and fills a huge need. Spags would love to work with this kid.

3: Will Hill, FS, Florida: Good instinctive safety and would hopefully play along side O.J. Nice replacement for Dahl and hopefully will be groomed into a heck of a player. Huge upside and could be the steal of the draft.

4: Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma: We desperately need a change of pace back for Steven and a good receiver. Hunter provides just that and maybe will be our replacement for SJ39 one day.

4: Lee Ziemba, OG/OT, Auburn: A good blocker that we could certainly use. We can try to groom him into a nasty run blocker and he could possibly replace the overpaid Jacob Bell.

5: Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona- Spags loves to grab young defensive lineman and groom them. Hopefully this will work with James Hall rapidly aging.

5: Brandon Hogan, CB/PR, West Virginia: Good depth, and we can use a special teams returner that has break away speed and can take it to the house. A few character issues though.

7: Robert Hughes, FB, Notre Dame: We need a replacement for Mike Karney. He was either injured or was inactive because he wasn't doing the job. A lot of wear was put on him for a long time. Hes becoming less effective and needs to be replaced.

7: Lawton Scott, NT, Ole Miss: Big beefy guy, and may develop into a solid starter over time.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Mock Draft...the best one?

I like most of yours picks, Sosa, but there is no way in hell I'm trading with the SeaChix when I know they're moving up to take a QB. Aiding and abetting the enemy is treason no matter how you slice it.

Besides according to the Trade Value Chart the 14th pick is worth about 1100 and 25th about 775. Their 4th and 5th picks come no where close and we would lose a massive amount of value.

Other than that great job, this kind of draft would work well for the Rams going forward.

WHAT SAY YE?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Yeah, trade value doesn't match up.

Edit it with the correct value picks and then we'll analyze it

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Rams #14 pick: 1,100

Seahawks: 750+52+30.2= 832.2

One more thing the Seahawks paid a pretty high price to get Whitehurst last year i dont think they will use a 1st to pick up a QB that just a waste of draft picks.

Also i doubt Bailey will last till 25. A versatile DL that will be a workout warrior will not slip in the draft. Also he is just too good of a pass rusher.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Does anyone else feel that if we do sign Sidney Rice, it wouldnt hurt to select Julio Jones at #14 if hes available. It would give Sam 2 really good targets for the future

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Justin Blalock, OG, Falcons: We need a mauler and like someone else stated 3 out of the 5 lineman on the Faclons are FA's. Someone will be let go and it looks like Blalock will be the most likely. This fills a huge need.

Sidney Rice, WR, Vikings: We need a big play receiver. We need a #1 who can stretch the field and be a serious threat. We get all of that in Sidney Rice, and the best upside is that he is still young.
    Free agency looks good. The Rams certainly need an interior upgrade, but I'm honestly not sure if they'll go out and do it in free agency since they've already committed big money to Bell, Brown, and Smith, with Saffold likely on the way if he continues to shine at LT.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Well, first off I will say we trade down to #25 with our rival seahawks and receive their 4th and 5th in the process. They need a QB and we will take all the draft picks we can get.

1: Allen Bailey, DE/DT, Miami: This guys a monster. He will fill a big need on the defensive line and would be a great pick up at 25. He is very powerful and would create terror with Chris Long.

2: Mason Foster, OLB, Washington: A very hard worker and is very dedicated. Improved rapidly as the season progressed and fills a huge need. Spags would love to work with this kid.

3: Will Hill, FS, Florida: Good instinctive safety and would hopefully play along side O.J. Nice replacement for Dahl and hopefully will be groomed into a heck of a player. Huge upside and could be the steal of the draft.

4: Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma: We desperately need a change of pace back for Steven and a good receiver. Hunter provides just that and maybe will be our replacement for SJ39 one day.

4: Lee Ziemba, OG/OT, Auburn: A good blocker that we could certainly use. We can try to groom him into a nasty run blocker and he could possibly replace the overpaid Jacob Bell.

5: Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona- Spags loves to grab young defensive lineman and groom them. Hopefully this will work with James Hall rapidly aging.

5: Brandon Hogan, CB/PR, West Virginia: Good depth, and we can use a special teams returner that has break away speed and can take it to the house. A few character issues though.

7: Robert Hughes, FB, Notre Dame: We need a replacement for Mike Karney. He was either injured or was inactive because he wasn't doing the job. A lot of wear was put on him for a long time. Hes becoming less effective and needs to be replaced.

7: Lawton Scott, NT, Ole Miss: Big beefy guy, and may develop into a solid starter over time.

Not a big fan of trading down if it means a division rival gets to move up and get a player they covet, especially at the quarterback position.

Where do you envision Bailey spending most of his time? To me, his best fit on the edge is at LDE where Long already plays. I'm not optimistic about him becoming an effective 4-3 RDE, going up against opposing left tackles. So does he become an UT?

Foster is fine, might be a bit early but things can certainly change during the offseason. Will Hill has some glaring character concerns that will need to be addressed; I'd rather not see him on the Rams.

Hunter (from OK State) is a fine pick and, as a change of pace 'back, I think the value in the fourth round makes a lot of sense. Ziemba is a solid mid-rounder who I think is probably going to have to be moved inside.

Elmore is another good mid-rounder. Like you said, could be molded into something. Hogan is going to need to have some good interviews, but he has the skill to at least be a nickel or dime DB in my opinion. The two late-round guys are fine, IMO. At that point, getting someone who can just make the roster would be a plus.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

You're right Nick, I had to think about where Bailey would fit in, and I thought maybe the Tuck type of player, but he also played LE. Then Adam Carriker came to mind, and I certainly don't want Bailey to end up like him, but maybe he could be a versatile type of player. Obviously this would be a disadvantage because it wouldn't allow us to settle him in and focus on 1 position.

I really do like Foster. He is a good player and he is certainly coachable. He would fit in well with this scheme and definently is an upgrade at OLB.

Hill does have some concerns but he can be a really good player.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Hill even with character concerns is a ball player...