Isaac Bruce (restructured)
    Brett Romberg
    Casualties:
    Corey Chavous
    La'Roi Glover
    Dominique Byrd
    Gus Frerotte
    Richard Owens

1. Chris Long, DE, Virginia- run stuffing pass rushing. This guy is a leader who will make a big impact on every aspect of our defense.

2. Michael Oher, OG/OT, Ole Miss- Best Run blocker in the whole draft. He can start as a rookie and open up big holes starting off at guard then at LT when Pace is ready to retire. His pass blocking abilities are a little raw and he will struggle with speed rushers at first, so he will benefit from starting of at guard and learning from Pace.

3. Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest- Romberg is just ok and we can do better. Even though we drafted Fry last year this guy is on another level he should be the first center selected and could start immediately

4. Jordon Dizon, OLB, Colorado- Pisa insurance plan. He is not that big, but he was near the top in tackles in the whole nation

5.Lionel Dotson, DT, Arizona- Another guy we could throw in the D-line rotation. He provide great depth at UT

6. Brandon Coutu, K, Georgia- Money has turned into chump change. This guy is a great kicker who could replace Wilkins.

6. Tyrelle Johnson, SS, Arkansas State- Great under the radar prospect who gives us good depth. (sleeper alert)

7.Al Philips, CB/WR, Wagner- could play special teams

7. Drew Miller, OL, Florida- Versatile lineman can and has played all 5 positions on the line most recently center.

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Re: Mock Draft + FA

1. Chances are if Oher indeed enters the draft, he'd be long gone by the time pick #33 rolls around.

Chris Long & Oher would be a dream "Day 1", though.

2. That picture of Coutu is funny. It looks like he's reacting to a miss.

3. The Rams only have one 7th rounder. The second pick of the seventh will go to Minnesota for Adam Goldberg.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Looks good, all major areas of need are filled. I might look for more depth at DE early in day two, or some low-level FAs.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

the reason i had Oher all the way their because i thought Long, Clady, Baker, Otah, Cherilus and maybe Chris Williams would all go before him and he would fall into our lap similar to what happened to Justin Blalock

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

That would be a dream come true if Oher fell to #33. I think either Chris Williams or Oher will be there, and some experts don't have Baker in the first round. All this will change though, i'm sure.

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    the reason i had Oher all the way their because i thought Long, Clady, Baker, Otah, Cherilus and maybe Chris Williams would all go before him and he would fall into our lap similar to what happened to Justin Blalock
    Oher could arguably be the #2 OT on that list. Hell, he could arguably be the #1 OT.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Regardless, a good OT will fall to us, even more reason to skip on Jake for Howie Jr.

Plus, the quality of DE just isnt the same to rely on a good pick at #33

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I have a few problems/complaints about the draft that mabye you can answer.

1. Oher- you said he could start at guard until Pace is ready to retire. So who are you going to sit? Icgonito or Setterstrom? Both of whom look to be our guards of the future and have excellent talent and potential.

2. Justice- This may just be my opinion, but I don't think we should be drafting a center that high. We currently have three centers on the roster (McCollum/Romberg/Fry). How can you say that he is better then fry, if fry hasn't played for us. I could understand adding some younger depth later on in the draft, but I don't see a need to draft someone at a position we may already have an answer for.

3.Coutu- I don't think that it's time to replace wilkins yet. Everyone seems to complain about how he misses these short shots, but no one seems to recognize the stat that he's made his past TWENTY attempts from 48-52yards. I don't know how many kickers in the league could do that. Kicking is all about mind games. After that easy kick he missed early on in the year, he was always second guessing his kicks, leading to mistakes. Now after the off season where he can relax and take some time off, I think he'll be the wilkins of old.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I would like a fast WR to open up the passing for Bulger. I do not think Bennett is the answer.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    1. Chances are if Oher indeed enters the draft, he'd be long gone by the time pick #33 rolls around.
    I tend to agree. I don't think he declares early unless given a good first round grade by the committee, and I think he rises up the board because of his potential as a left tackle and how much upside he still has. Right now, I think it's more likely that Chris Williams or Sam Baker are available there than Oher. But obviously workouts and whatnot can change everything. Oher may not even declare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    2. Justice- This may just be my opinion, but I don't think we should be drafting a center that high. We currently have three centers on the roster (McCollum/Romberg/Fry). How can you say that he is better then fry, if fry hasn't played for us. I could understand adding some younger depth later on in the draft, but I don't see a need to draft someone at a position we may already have an answer for.
    We don't have a legitimate starter at center, even though we have three names on the list. That list will likely be down to two if/when McCollum leaves this offseason, and Linehan is on record I believe as saying Fry might be a guard. Regardless, you have to wonder about Fry when he couldn't get on the field in a year where we were taking linemen out of the stands to play for us. I have no problem drafting a center in the mid rounds to be a potential starter for us. If anything it gives us some more interior line depth, which we certainly needed this season and is never a bad thing.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Coutu looked real good yesterday eh? maybe it is time for wilkins to go.

ENN107 is offline Registered User

we need a developmental quarterback