Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: Mock Draft by Rambos

Rambos is offline Registered User

Mock Draft by Rambos

Here is my first crack at it... After the last game has been played here is where I stand.

Free Agent
    Greg Jennings WR

Re-Sign
    Steven Jackson
    Danny Amendola
    William Hayes
    Rob Turner

Draft:
    Rd 1 - Chance Warmack, OG, Bama
    Rd 1 - Tyler Eifert, TE, Florida
    Rd 2 - Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    Rd 3 - Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
    Rd 4 - Kyle Long, OT, Oregon

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Mock Draft by Rambos

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Free Agent
    Greg Jennings WR

I am at a loss for words, my friend.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I don't get why people would want Jennings over Bowe or Wallace. He's coming off a lost season, is the oldest of the bunch and he hasn't looked like the same player since then.

Plus isn't signing Jennings and drafting Williams overkill?

I'd assume Givens, Amendola, Quick, and Pettis are locks to make the team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I don't get why people would want Jennings over Bowe or Wallace. He's coming off a lost season, is the oldest of the bunch and he hasn't looked like the same player since then.

I'd assume Givens, Amendola, Quick, and Pettis are locks to make the team next year.
    I'm just giving him crap because he went from wanting Jennings to not wanting Jennings after Week 11 and now is back to wanting Jennings.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    I doubt Terrance Williams will be there when the Rams make their second round pick.

At least we are still friends

It's a process for me.

Now that the season is over, I was on the fence as to resigning one player and that player was Gibson. He is what he is which is a 3 or 4 at best. I would rather let him walk and pay Jennings to come in as the number one. Jennings is the most realistic of the three FA WR that the Rams can afford. He also is the oldest of the three, which is why I would draft another receiver in this draft.

Amendola had the chest injury and then the foot. I hope he does not miss a game next year but that might be wishful thinking.

Givens IMO would out produce Jennings in total yards but Jennings has a knack for catching TD passes. He has had two (12) TDs seasons and two (9) TDs seasons. He is coming off the injury this year and that what is going to make him affordable IMO. He had 120 yards last Sunday and Two TD catches. He is in the playoffs so his stock may rise if they make a run and he has a prominent roll in it... well see. You may see me come off Jennings again if his price tag get to pricey due to his post season performance.

mcpeepants232003'

His age is what makes him affordable IMO. As far as over kill, not sure that you typed that. I have read your concerns about Amendolas health. Pettis should make the team and I think he will. But lets be real, he is going to be in year three and he has not be all that productive. Next year will be his third year and what needs to be his breakout year. I think Pettis is going to be another Gibson a possession receiver nothing more. We need to add some playmaker to this offenses. A rookie receiver may come in like Givens and produce day one or they make take time to adjust.

With Jennings, Amendola, Givens and Quick a rookie would not have to come in day one and produce. That being said he could come in and push Quick and Pettis for playing time and would have a higher ceiling then Pettis IMO.

AvengerRam
    I doubt Terrance Williams will be there when the Rams make their second round pick.
    If the draft happened today we might have a shot, it"s early his stock may rise and he becomes a lock to go in the first round, I have read he's a late fist or second round pick. I know you are high on him so I can understand that you feel he will be gone and you may be right. If he is I would take the next best receiver in the second that has a higher ceiling then Pettis.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-02-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    At least we are still friends
    Hey, we may debate fiercely but I don't take it personally and I hope you don't either!

Let me throw this out there. If there's a concern that Williams won't be there in the second round, what if the Rams took him with the second first-round pick, and then came back in round two to grab a tight end like Ertz?

Hey, we may debate fiercely but I don't take it personally and I hope you don't either!

Let me throw this out there. If there's a concern that Williams won't be there in the second round, what if the Rams took him with the second first-round pick, and then came back in round two to grab a tight end like Ertz?
    Yeah that would work... and no I never take it personal. In fact I look forward to the debates its been going on for almost a decade and I think I'm going to win one soon.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-05-2013 at 01:05 PM.