Restructure:

-Sam Bradford

Re-Signs:

-Danny Amendola
    -Rob Turner
    -Will Hayes

Free Agency:

Mock Off-season-115291_feature.jpg

Kenny Phillips, SS, Giants: One of the best safeties in the game, Phillips is an up and coming FA. He was injured most of last season, so I believe his price will be lower. With millions already invested in Antrel Rolle, and a terrific found replacement in Stevie Brown I assure you that Philips will be let to walk.

Estimated Contract: 4 years 24 million, 10 million guaranteed

Mock Off-season-hi-res-151223618_crop_exact.jpg

Greg Jennings, WR, Packers: Jennings will be the cheapest of the elite WRs in FA. He is a solid number one and a very dependable WR. His impact will be felt greatly on 3rd downs as well as stretching the field. I can certainly see Jennings in a Ram uniform, not so much the other guys (Bowe, Wallace).

Estimated Contract: 3 years 19 million, 8 million guaranteed

Mock Off-season-5199546.jpg

DeAndre Levy, OLB, Lions: Levy is a solid OLB who will upgrade our last LB spot tremendously. He is a hard hitter, and is effective at taking on blockers. Levy is also big, and strong at the point of attack. He is the last needed addition, rounding out our front 7. I think he helps our run stop unit a considerable amount.

Estimated Contract: 4 years 10 million, 5 million guaranteed

Draft:

1 - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: Warmack is a power-pig. I've mocked him to the Rams nearly every mock draft I've done. I think we can snag him at 16 too. Warmack is a big bodied monster. He is very efficient in pass pro, and a monster in run grading. He is effective at getting to the 2nd level of defenders as well, can pull, and is an elite prospect.

1 - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan: Fisher has a huge frame 6'8 and has the type of body that can add another 10-20 lbs of muscle for the NFL. He makes a terrific LT. He is a good run blocker, and is good at reaching the LB's. He is a terrific tackle in pass pro. I think Fisher could start from day 1 at LT for us and be extremely successful. His footwork and technique is good, and once Bou gets his hands on him the possibilities are endless.

2 - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford: I think Ertz will actually be a potentially better pro than Eifert. Ertz is a huge target at 6'6. The guy is a terrific weapon as a pass catcher. He can work the seams extremely effectively, something we lack. He is sure handed too. Reminds me of Gronkowski in the receiving department. Also a willing blocker, not excellent but definitely not terrible. Pairs amazingly with Kendricks.

3 - D.J Swearinger, S, South Carolina: A potential steal of the draft, Swearinger is a quick riser. He has been a great player for SC for some time now. Good range, and a banger. Dude will rock you. I think he is a terrific fit with our new SS Kenny Phillips. Both have good range and can stack in the box if need be. Rounds out one of the best secondaries in the league.

4 - E.J Manuel, QB, Florida State: I think its time to take a true back-up QB. Manuel is a guy with HUGE potential. Either a team falls in love with him and will take him much too early (2nd round), or teams will let him slide to here. Manuel has struggled to go through progressions and takes off too early at times, but he has time to learn. People say he isn't a natural pocket passer either. I think Manuel can develop into a serious threat. He's got a live arm, great work ethic, and all the tools in the world. I'd LOVE to see him develop behind Bradford as a back-up for now, potential starter if Sam doesn't live up, and even a potential trading chip in the future (1st or 2nd rounder).

5 - Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida: I really think Gillislee can develop into a great pro. He is only 5'11 and 210 lbs (typical size), but his instincts are great. He is good at reading blocks, staying patient, and finding the hole. Gillislee is good at blitz pick-up as well, which is a concern with no SJ. He is also deceptively quick, and is actually some-what powerful.

6 - Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State: Some say Wilson quit his team, others say he should have. I dont really care. Pre-2012, Wilson was slated to be one of the best WR's in the NCAA. Projected to be the potential #1 WR off the board, or even anywhere from round 1-2, I see a gem in Wilson. Definitely worthy of taking a chance here, I dont think he has any problems and the "quitting" on his team was warranted. Wilson is massive at 6'4, he can certainly help in the red-zone, not to mention he can replace the amazing departure of Gibson.

7 - Kenny Okoro, CB, Wake Forest: Okoro is a big guy at 6'1 and 190 lbs. He's obviously got the physical skill set, he just hasn't really been able to put it together. Must be more consistent. Work on footwork, technique. He can be the #5 CB and a ST contributor if need-be.
    ManofGod likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Mock Off-season

Different, but i kinda like it. Though it sucks that SJax is gone, i still like it. That was a great way to get a new starting Safety and OLB outside the draft.

1. Still dont see us using both 1st round picks on offensive line. Yes i am going of Fishers draft history and 17 years worth tells me going with even 1 is a reach. But i can see us going with Warmack since he is a top #5 prospect but since a Guard falls.

2. suprised no DT/DE depth thrown in there. You know how much Fisher loves to draft defense.

3. All around i wouldnt complain with this if it happened. Sammy gets protection, our biggest weeknesses on defense get resolved, and Sammy gets some help and we get a WR who could be a big steal.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Different, but i kinda like it. Though it sucks that SJax is gone, i still like it. That was a great way to get a new starting Safety and OLB outside the draft.

1. Still dont see us using both 1st round picks on offensive line. Yes i am going of Fishers draft history and 17 years worth tells me going with even 1 is a reach. But i can see us going with Warmack since he is a top #5 prospect but since a Guard falls.

2. suprised no DT/DE depth thrown in there. You know how much Fisher loves to draft defense.

3. All around i wouldnt complain with this if it happened. Sammy gets protection, our biggest weeknesses on defense get resolved, and Sammy gets some help and we get a WR who could be a big steal.
    Perhaps we wont draft two olineman, it just fell like that for me and I took it running. Fisher is a potential start at LT (great skill set), which moves Saffold to RT. We than nab Warmack, and improved 3 offensive line positions.

No DT/DE depth. I just liked the depth we already have. I like Hayes/Sims as DE's, and Cudjo/Conrath as DT's. I just didn't really get around to it, but if the main problem is depth you know you got a good off-season !

I reallllllly like Swearinger though. I think he'll be a big steal. I was pointed to him by another Rams fan, and the guy is a seriously good S. Amazing combination of in the box play as well as range.

THE DREAM TEAM

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quintin signed a 4 year, 27 million contract, and you're predicting Kenny Phillips to us, at a 4 year, 24 million price tag. I think it's much more realistic to see Mikell restructure his deal (which we're expected to do) than for us to make a move like this. He already has a role in the system, and is unlikely to get a better deal on the open market.

Rambos is offline Registered User

LMAO and I think you know why... too funny.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I know it's way early to do the calculus associated with FA's, but you have us spending $14.8 million next on FA's other than our own guys. That's a lot of money for a team that I read yesterday has less than $2 million to spend before cuts and restructuring.

I also wouldn't want Kenny Phillips because he gets hurt too much. I think you also overlooked Bradley Fletcher as a resign/cut/walk. I also don't think you considered the RB spot if we let Sjax walk, which I hope we don't. Richards is too small for an every down back and Pead has shown us very little. I like the Swearinger pick at safety, he's hits like John Lynch of the old days.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    LMAO and I think you know why... too funny.
    ? No idea what you're talking about here.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I know it's way early to do the calculus associated with FA's, but you have us spending $14.8 million next on FA's other than our own guys. That's a lot of money for a team that I read yesterday has less than $2 million to spend before cuts and restructuring.

I also wouldn't want Kenny Phillips because he gets hurt too much. I think you also overlooked Bradley Fletcher as a resign/cut/walk. I also don't think you considered the RB spot if we let Sjax walk, which I hope we don't. Richards is too small for an every down back and Pead has shown us very little. I like the Swearinger pick at safety, he's hits like John Lynch of the old days.

Go Rams!
    We have only around 2 million in hard cap, but after we re-do certain deals and let guys go we will have more (SJ is due 7 mill, Mikell I believe 9 mill, Hunter is 4 mill).

Fair opinion on Phillips. He is hurt pretty often, but when healthy the guy is a terrific player. I guess I'd take the chance. And I think Fletcher is a good player and I'd love him back, but I don't think he wants to return. He got demoted to #4 behind Tru and is clearly better than Tru (at least at this particular time).

Mind you for RB I did also mock us Mike Gillislee. I think RB's are a dime a dozen, and I think most likely SJ will return, but I'm just trying something different/fun.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Quintin signed a 4 year, 27 million contract, and you're predicting Kenny Phillips to us, at a 4 year, 24 million price tag. I think it's much more realistic to see Mikell restructure his deal (which we're expected to do) than for us to make a move like this. He already has a role in the system, and is unlikely to get a better deal on the open market.
    Its pretty insulting to ask a guy "give us money back". Re-structuring means moving money around to create cap space (ala Sam Bradford in this instance), though they are still paid full amount. I don't think Mikell is worth that $ plus were off all of the guaranteed money, so we can basically cut ties at this point.

Plus, I think Phillips will be a little cheaper than that, I'm just "playing it safe". For a "injury prone" S, I DOUBT Phillips will get that much $, but we'll see.

THE DREAM TEAM

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    We have only around 2 million in hard cap, but after we re-do certain deals and let guys go we will have more (SJ is due 7 mill, Mikell I believe 9 mill, Hunter is 4 mill).

Fair opinion on Phillips. He is hurt pretty often, but when healthy the guy is a terrific player. I guess I'd take the chance. And I think Fletcher is a good player and I'd love him back, but I don't think he wants to return. He got demoted to #4 behind Tru and is clearly better than Tru (at least at this particular time).

Mind you for RB I did also mock us Mike Gillislee. I think RB's are a dime a dozen, and I think most likely SJ will return, but I'm just trying something different/fun.
    That's cool, I'm with you on the different/fun aspect. I just don't want to see you asking the Clan for money for FA's that we cannot afford.

Go Rams!
    sosa39rams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    That's cool, I'm with you on the different/fun aspect. I just don't want to see you asking the Clan for money for FA's that we cannot afford.

Go Rams!
    Already set up a donation fund

THE DREAM TEAM

Greg Jennings, WR, Packers: Jennings will be the cheapest of the elite WRs in FA. He is a solid number one and a very dependable WR. His impact will be felt greatly on 3rd downs as well as stretching the field. I can certainly see Jennings in a Ram uniform, not so much the other guys (Bowe, Wallace).

Come to the light

Come to the light
    Haha. I always wanted Wallace, still do, but I never really was sure whether we would actually go after him or not. We're just not the type of franchise to dish so much capital into one FA.

I can see Jennings here. I really can picture Greg in a Rams uniform wearing #85.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Haha. I always wanted Wallace, still do, but I never really was sure whether we would actually go after him or not. We're just not the type of franchise to dish so much capital into one FA.

I can see Jennings here. I really can picture Greg in a Rams uniform wearing #85.
    Amen my brother... now if you can get Nick to see the light LOL

Amen my brother... now if you can get Nick to see the light LOL
    I was always on board with one of Jennings/Bowe/Wallace, so I'd be pleased with any of them. I wouldn't be mad if we passed on all 3, but I really would like to see a veteran star at the position.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast