39thebeast is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Mock Off-Season part deux

FA:
    Jacob Bell, OG, Titans (just a beast)

Chris Myers, C, Broncos (played well when Tom Nalen went down could and probably would start immediately)

Devery Henderson, WR, New Orleans (best as 3rd wideout Stretching the field)

Tony Richardson, FB, Vikings (returns to his KC OC were he played the best)

Chris Clemons, DE, Oakland (only 240 pound, but is a situational pass rusher 8 sacks this year)

Re-signings:
    Steven Jackson
    OJ Otogwe
    Aaron Walker
    Leonard Little (restructured)
    Isaac Bruce (restructured)

Casualties:
    Dominique Byrd
    Richard Owens
    Milford Brown
    Andy McCollum (retires)
    Todd Streusie (retires)

Trades
    Chris Long goes to the Dolphins. Rams trade first round pick to Cheifs for 1st, 2nd, conditional next year 3rd, and Bernard Pollard (big guy (224) not alot of people know about great upside and would compliment OJ nicely). Cheifs get the tackle they desperately need in Jake Long

DRAFT

Round 1, Pick# 5 - (from Cheifs) Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State- The dominant pass rusher we have been looking to put opposite little for a while. Also will replace Little

Round 2, Pick# 2 - Gosder Cherilus, OT, BC- 5 OT's off the board rams get the best one available and are happy with what they get.

Round 2, Pick# 5 - (from Cheifs) Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana- with no SS worth this pick they add Porter along with Hill they will make a great CB duo for the future.

Round 3, Pick# 2 -
    Lavelle Hawkins, WR, Cal- Rams continue to add young talent to the WR corpse.

Round 4, Pick# 2 -
    Josh Johnson, QB, San Diego- Small school guy who is very accurate and mobile. Would be a great back-up and developmental QB. With Saunders as OC don.t be surprised if Todd Collins comes with him

Round 5, Pick# 2 - Brandon Coutu, K, Georgia- Huge leg. Wilikins replacement.

Round 6, Pick# 2 - Andy Studebaker, LB, Wheaton- 245 and runs a 4.4 great small school prospect.

Round 6, Pick# 9 - Maurice Murray, DT, New Mexico State- Raw guy who can play both tackle positions

Round 7, Pick# 13 - Drew Miller, C, Florida- Just a versatile OL men

Last edited by 39thebeast; -02-06-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: edited trade and trade value

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Mock Off-Season part deux

Fine except our first round pick has been sold too cheaply and Chavous will be with this team next year.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

very nice post!

however like chiguy said, chavous will most likely be with us next year. i dunno about the first pick though

chiguy is offline Registered User

I'm going to start giving rep to anyone who says they like my posts.

(Yup, I'm an attention *****.)

STLunatic is offline Registered User

i actually like this draft alot, only problem is we sold the 1st round pick to cheaply. but i definetly like the selection of players in the rounds.

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post

i like your posts.....

ENN107 is offline Registered User

i wish it was that easy, nice post

Dominator is offline Registered User

Nice job, that's a lot of work. If you get Gholston and Cherilus you'll probably consider your draft a success. Unless Gholston tanks at the combine. I like a lot of your picks. I think Bell is on almost every team's wish list and he might command a huge salary with the way G salaries have been exploding.

As a Jet fan, I have to say that your trade scenario is almost impossible. The Jets are much more likely to try to trade down than up. They also will have no reason to trade up for Ellis with Ellis and Dorsey still on the board. IMO, if the Jets are going to fall in love with anybody at the top of the draft it will be Chris Long. If he's gone I don't see any hope of you dealing with the Jets. Ellis was 308 at the Senior Bowl and looked damn near maxed out to me. Not exactly what you're looking for in a 3-4 NT. They'll be more likely to look at the monsters like Rubin in the (hopefully) 3rd and later or Okam/Red Bryant in the 2nd. Most of the trade speculation I see has to do with Jerry Jones' alleged infatuation with fellow Razorback McFadden. Also, I know it's only 4 spots, but as far as the draft pick ratings go, I'm pretty sure the Rams would be getting ripped off in that deal.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Most Free Agents are fine, I can't see henderson in horns; He'll be considered too valuable a slot option, and thus either the Saints will re-sign him, or he'll do what Kevin Curtis did last year; get paid very well. (I'm not suggesting he's as good as Curits, but teams pay through the roof for pure speed, and Devery Henderson is blessed with plenty of that).

That said,

I just can't see another day one corner. If we make that sort of trade (and I think the chiefs are paying too much, there; I'd be happy with a second, Pollard optional) you'd have to look for Mario Manningham or someone on par. Lavelle Hawkins is unlikely to be there at pick 2 in round three with a great senior bowl performance. He's mid round 2 in my eyes. Not as good as Manningham, but definately not far off.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

The Chiefs could potentially have the 3rd overall pick, and I think that Jake Long will be there at #5 anyways.
    However, it looks good and I think Bernard Pollard would be a nice addition to the dback corps.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    FA:
    Jacob Bell, OG, Titans (just a beast)

Chris Myers, C, Broncos (played well when Tom Nalen went down could and probably would start immediately)

Devery Henderson, WR, New Orleans (best as 3rd wideout Stretching the field)

Tony Richardson, FB, Vikings (returns to his KC OC were he played the best)

Chris Clemons, DE, Oakland (only 240 pound, but is a situational pass rusher 8 sacks this year)

Re-signings:
    Steven Jackson
    OJ Otogwe
    Aaron Walker
    Leonard Little (restructured)
    Isaac Bruce (restructured)

Casualties:
    Dominique Byrd
    Richard Owens
    Milford Brown
    Andy McCollum (retires)
    Todd Streusie (retires)

Trades
    Chris Long goes to the Dolphins. Rams trade first round pick to Cheifs for 1st, 2nd, conditional next year 3rd, and Bernard Pollard (big guy (224) not alot of people know about great upside and would compliment OJ nicely). Cheifs get the tackle they desperately need in Jake Long

DRAFT

Round 1, Pick# 5 - (from Cheifs) Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State- The dominant pass rusher we have been looking to put opposite little for a while. Also will replace Little

Round 2, Pick# 2 - Gosder Cherilus, OT, BC- 5 OT's off the board rams get the best one available and are happy with what they get.

Round 2, Pick# 5 - (from Cheifs) Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana- with no SS worth this pick they add Porter along with Hill they will make a great CB duo for the future.

Round 3, Pick# 2 -
    Lavelle Hawkins, WR, Cal- Rams continue to add young talent to the WR corpse.

Round 4, Pick# 2 -
    Josh Johnson, QB, San Diego- Small school guy who is very accurate and mobile. Would be a great back-up and developmental QB. With Saunders as OC don.t be surprised if Todd Collins comes with him

Round 5, Pick# 2 - Brandon Coutu, K, Georgia- Huge leg. Wilikins replacement.

Round 6, Pick# 2 - Andy Studebaker, LB, Wheaton- 245 and runs a 4.4 great small school prospect.

Round 6, Pick# 9 - Maurice Murray, DT, New Mexico State- Raw guy who can play both tackle positions

Round 7, Pick# 13 - Drew Miller, C, Florida- Just a versatile OL men

Nice post but I dont think we will go get a wr in free agency and draft one because of Drew Bennett already being here. I do think we will draft a wr though but I like Adarius Bowman more than Hawkins. Nice to see someone else thinks Cherilus will be a stud. If we do trade with KC that would be a steal because I think Jake Long would be there for them anyway.
    Just Fix It

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Nice post Beast. Lots of thought. I think I differ with you in that I would list Walker as a "casualty" and resign Milford Brown as a back up OL instead. I also would prefer we pursue FA JD Hackett than Henderson at WR.

If our draft works out like you have it, I will lobby for you to replace the Zigmeister as GM.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post

I like your Posts alot.. Do I get extra Bonus Points for That??