Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram
  • 2 Post By AvengerRam
  • 2 Post By bruce4life
  • 2 Post By mcpeepants232003
  • 1 Post By citr92

Thread: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

  1. #1
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,535
    Rep Power
    45

    Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    Key Re-Signings:

    Danny Amendola, WR
    Steven Jackson, RB
    Brandon Gibson, WR

    Releases:

    Quintin Mikell, S

    Free Agency:

    Josh Cribbs, WR, CLE: I think we need to play the field position game better. We haven't had a good return man since Az-Zahir Hakim, and thats going to change with the addition of Cribbs.

    Brandon Albert, OT, KC: Albert is a top 5 LT in this game. He is excellent in run blocking and is a beast in pass pro. Never needs help, thus allowing us to use that RB/TE in a route or to help elsewhere.

    Daryl Smith, OLB, JAC: Daryl Smith is arguably the best true 4-3 OLB. The guy has been great for many years on terrible teams. He's been injured all year (2012), so his price will drop a bit. He is the last piece to our dominant front 7.

    Draft:

    1.13 - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: Many people are saying Warmack is a better prospect than DeCastro from last year. He is amazing in pass pro and is an absolute monster in the run game. He completes our line (finally looks like it can be dominant Albert/Warmack/Wells/Dahl/Saffold).

    1.15(From Wash) - TRADE BACK WITH VIKINGS (Receive 1st rounder [#20] and 7th rounder [#240]).

    1.20 - Tyler Eifert, TE, ND: Eifert has been a match-up nightmare his entire career. The guy is huge at 6'6 and is the perfect red-zone threat. He and Kendricks can make a lethal team. Eifert will attack the seams very dangerously, as well as be a huge help in the red-zone.

    2.44 - Tony Jefferson, S, OKA: Jefferson is a safety with terrific range but is also very physical run defender. He can certainly lay the wood and jar the ball loose. He is as good as a Safety as you'll find. Jefferson has the ability to make a special player at the next level.

    3.75 - Sean Porter, DE/OLB, TA&M: Porter is very much like his former teammate, Von Miller. He excels in rushing the passer, but he can also drop back and play zone coverage. He is very light at 230 lbs, but he can add 10-20 lbs helping him in all facets of the game. He does struggle when lineman get their hands on him in the run game. He can be used on 3rd and longs, plus he can be excellent depth. (Bruce Irvin anyone?)

    4 - Brandan Bishop, S, NCState: Bishop has been very productive the past couple of years. He does have the ability to get to the ball. He's got great size at 6'2 and can tackle well. He's definitely a sleeper.

    5 - Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU: The infamous Honey Badger. I did not like the guy, and I still dont to tell you the truth, but hes just too talented to pass up here. If Mathieu smartens up he can round off one of the best CB corps in all of football. He has unbelievable talent and instincts, and actually reminds me of Cortland Finnegan. He's got top 25 talent, easily.

    6 - Marcus Lattimore, RB, SC: IF Lattimore comes out, I feel like we should ABSOLUTELY spend this pick on him. He absolutely tore up his knee with the nastiest hit I've ever seen just about a month ago. He's out for the rest of the year. He reminds me so much of SJ. He absolutely was going to go in the first round but got un-lucky, again. I'd love to take him here and put him on IR the day we draft him. Let the kid have 1.5 years off, completely heal and catch up to his body, and in 2014 he can easily be a featured back, if not one of the best in the NFL.

    7 - Denard Robinson, QB, Michigan: Why not take an electric player here? He can follow the same route that Armanti Edwards took and end up playing WR and KR, or he can continue to develop as a QB depending on how the FO feels. Robinson is explosive, and thats enough for me to take a chance on him here.

    2013-2014 Depth Chart

    QB - S.Bradford/A.Davis/D.Robinson
    RB - S.Jackson/D.Richardson/I.Pead/M.Lattimore
    FB - T.Ganaway
    WR1 - C.Givens/B.Gibson
    WR2 - B.Quick/J.Cribbs
    SlotWR - D.Amendola/A.Pettis
    TE - T.Eifert/L.Kendricks/M.Mulligan/M.McNeill
    LT - B.Albert/W.Hunter
    LG - C.Warmack/S.Smith
    C - S.Wells/R.Turner
    RG - H.Dahl/R.Turner
    RT - R.Saffold/R.Watkins
    LE - C.Long/E.Sims
    UT - K.Langford/M.Conrath
    NT - M.Brockers/J.Cudjo
    RE - R.Quinn/W.Hayes
    WLB - J.Dunbar/S.Porter
    MLB - J.Laurinaitis/J.Hull
    SLB - D.Smith/J.Cole
    CB1 - T.Johnson/T.Mathieu
    CB2 - J.Jenkins/T.Mathieu
    SlotWR - C.Finnegan/Q.Pointer
    FS - T.Jefferson/R.McLeod
    SS - B.Bishop/D.Stewart
    K - G.Zuerlein
    P - J.Hekker
    LS - J.McQuaide
    KR/PuntR - J.Cribbs
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -11-27-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Tampa_Ram and thermobee like this.



    THE DREAM TEAM

  2. #2
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,957
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    Dangit SOSA!!!! i have been working on my own mock draft today and you beat me to it lol. AT least lets me be lazy and take a break.

    I give your mock a B-, mainly just not to sure about rounds 5-7. And not sure id take Eifert in the 1st. But i could live with this.
    sosa39rams likes this.


  3. #3
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,535
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Dangit SOSA!!!! i have been working on my own mock draft today and you beat me to it lol. AT least lets me be lazy and take a break.

    I give your mock a B-, mainly just not to sure about rounds 5-7. And not sure id take Eifert in the 1st. But i could live with this.
    Fair enough. I just think we waste so many picks in the later rounds we may as well go after some players who have played at an extremely high level. I'm 100% sold on Lattimore. I'd absolutely spend that pick on him if he came out.

    Mathieu i'm not 100% about. I feel if he comes out he's had way to many problems to go anywhere near the top. Why not take a chance on a guy that some say is the next Ed Reed (a lot of people were saying this before this season).

    And Denard Robinson brings speed here. Dont think a 7th rounder makes or breaks the draft so no biggie.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  4. #4
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,957
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Fair enough. I just think we waste so many picks in the later rounds we may as well go after some players who have played at an extremely high level. I'm 100% sold on Lattimore. I'd absolutely spend that pick on him if he came out.

    Mathieu i'm not 100% about. I feel if he comes out he's had way to many problems to go anywhere near the top. Why not take a chance on a guy that some say is the next Ed Reed (a lot of people were saying this before this season).

    And Denard Robinson brings speed here. Dont think a 7th rounder makes or breaks the draft so no biggie.
    I can agree on that.

    If Lattimore comes out id have problem taking a chance on him. if he comes back healthy he could easily be our #1.

    Mathieu- big time risk. i understand your thinking but i think im less sold on him then you are.

    D.Robinson- Personally i dont think he'll last till round 7. He could be worth it but i just dont see anything special about him.

    I do like your thinking though. They are all playmakers who have excelled one way or another.


  5. #5
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,936
    Rep Power
    170

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    Wow... so many problems here...

    1. That trade is awful. Under the standard trade value chart, the going rate for moving down from #15 to #20 is a mid-3rd round pick. You'd do it for a 7th? Why?

    2. I just can't get on board with a plan that adds only Josh Cribbs (who is more of a kick returner) to the WR Corps. While I have hope for our young guys, I think you have to add some talent there.

    3. Going with two rookies at safety is pretty risky.

    4. Mathieu is probably 50/50 to declare for the draft. If he does, I'd say he's worth a 5th round pick, but I'd bet he'll go higher if he times well in workouts.

    5. Lattimore should not be drafted. Its questionable whether he'll ever be able to play at a high level again. Plus, we need guys who can play. We're not at a point where we can start stockpiling guys for the future.

    6. The only way I'd consider Robinson is if he has completely abandoned the idea of being a QB. I don't want another Eric Crouch.

    7. Sean Porter strikes me as a pure 3-4 type player.
    THOLTFAN81 and ManofGod like this.

  6. #6
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,947
    Rep Power
    31

    Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    A team with Tyrone mathieu and janoris Jenkins on it mean reincarnation rams style of cheech and chong. Lear honey badger off this team.

    If the rams were to trade back they would be trying to pick up 3.4 round picks not 7ths...
    THOLTFAN81 and ManofGod like this.

  7. #7
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,547
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Key Re-Signings:

    Danny Amendola, WR
    Steven Jackson, RB
    Brandon Gibson, WR

    Releases:

    Quintin Mikell, S

    Free Agency:

    Josh Cribbs, WR, CLE: I think we need to play the field position game better. We haven't had a good return man since Az-Zahir Hakim, and thats going to change with the addition of Cribbs.

    Brandon Albert, OT, KC: Albert is a top 5 LT in this game. He is excellent in run blocking and is a beast in pass pro. Never needs help, thus allowing us to use that RB/TE in a route or to help elsewhere.

    Daryl Smith, OLB, JAC: Daryl Smith is arguably the best true 4-3 OLB. The guy has been great for many years on terrible teams. He's been injured all year (2012), so his price will drop a bit. He is the last piece to our dominant front 7.

    Draft:

    1.13 - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: Many people are saying Warmack is a better prospect than DeCastro from last year. He is amazing in pass pro and is an absolute monster in the run game. He completes our line (finally looks like it can be dominant Albert/Warmack/Wells/Dahl/Saffold).

    1.15(From Wash) - TRADE BACK WITH VIKINGS (Receive 1st rounder [#20] and 7th rounder [#240]).

    1.20 - Tyler Eifert, TE, ND: Eifert has been a match-up nightmare his entire career. The guy is huge at 6'6 and is the perfect red-zone threat. He and Kendricks can make a lethal team. Eifert will attack the seams very dangerously, as well as be a huge help in the red-zone.

    2.44 - Tony Jefferson, S, OKA: Jefferson is a safety with terrific range but is also very physical run defender. He can certainly lay the wood and jar the ball loose. He is as good as a Safety as you'll find. Jefferson has the ability to make a special player at the next level.

    3.75 - Sean Porter, DE/OLB, TA&M: Porter is very much like his former teammate, Von Miller. He excels in rushing the passer, but he can also drop back and play zone coverage. He is very light at 230 lbs, but he can add 10-20 lbs helping him in all facets of the game. He does struggle when lineman get their hands on him in the run game. He can be used on 3rd and longs, plus he can be excellent depth. (Bruce Irvin anyone?)

    4 - Brandan Bishop, S, NCState: Bishop has been very productive the past couple of years. He does have the ability to get to the ball. He's got great size at 6'2 and can tackle well. He's definitely a sleeper.

    5 - Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU: The infamous Honey Badger. I did not like the guy, and I still dont to tell you the truth, but hes just too talented to pass up here. If Mathieu smartens up he can round off one of the best CB corps in all of football. He has unbelievable talent and instincts, and actually reminds me of Cortland Finnegan. He's got top 25 talent, easily.

    6 - Marcus Lattimore, RB, SC: IF Lattimore comes out, I feel like we should ABSOLUTELY spend this pick on him. He absolutely tore up his knee with the nastiest hit I've ever seen just about a month ago. He's out for the rest of the year. He reminds me so much of SJ. He absolutely was going to go in the first round but got un-lucky, again. I'd love to take him here and put him on IR the day we draft him. Let the kid have 1.5 years off, completely heal and catch up to his body, and in 2014 he can easily be a featured back, if not one of the best in the NFL.

    7 - Denard Robinson, QB, Michigan: Why not take an electric player here? He can follow the same route that Armanti Edwards took and end up playing WR and KR, or he can continue to develop as a QB depending on how the FO feels. Robinson is explosive, and thats enough for me to take a chance on him he
    Hmmm, let's see here...

    1. The resigning's are fine, althought I'd like to see S. Jackson go to another team so that he can have a shot at a ring.

    2. I'm more concerned about the safety opposite Mikell honestly, did we over pay him: Yes; but unless we have a viable option B I say we stick with him for another year while we groom his replacement.

    3. There is no way I bring in Cribbs, he's constantly getting hurt & is stockpiling concussions, not to mention his age is not helping matters. In FA, I'd rather target one of the 3 big names at WR, we've all seen how a talented WR changes EVERYTHING for a QB.

    4. The draft started off with promise & looks realistic (I love picks 1-4) especially since we will be drafting (if the season ended today) at both 13th & 15th, but picks 5-7 simply CAN NOT be made. Let's start with the "Honey Badger", now you can have 1 or 2 thugs on a team, but you have to stop there or you run a chance of having a future mutany on your hands. Givens, Jenkins, & Mathieu on the same team.....aw heck naw! That's a recipe for disaster. Now Lattimore dislocated his knee which is actually a good thing, but I'd have to see him work out before committing to him (not to mention he said he wants to come back to USC). Lastly (and I can't believe I am saying this), but I have to agree with AV/CR; we simply are not at a point where we can spend picks on "down the road guys" that may or may not work out.

  8. #8
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    why would anyone trade back 5 spots in the first round just to get a 7th rounder? That would be a terrible trade.

    Also I would not resign Gibson. He's pretty much lost his spot in the offense. His last 4 games he's got 9 catches for less than 100 yards. He didn't even get a target on Sunday. He's finally(hallelujah) not part of the offense.
    Last edited by mcpeepants232003; -11-27-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    THOLTFAN81 and ManofGod like this.

  9. #9
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    Good Effort bro again I like the Warmack pick as always

    You made a great effort its just too early at this point I like what I see in Saffold and Kendricks both are young and look to have a bright future so as of now I really need to see how these final 5 games pan out for both

    Mocking a trade is tough to do with out guaranteed pick numbers also others have touched on the flaws of the trade.


    Also the thing I do not like is having so many new starters...We are not switching coaching staffs many of the guys we have on our team now can contribute I do not want to start 2 rookie safeties and another year another 30 old OLB to sign I dont see the huge upgrade from him and mcintosh


    But Denard Robinson this pick is interesting...I have been watching games to find one of those gadget players like Fish uses Hekker on punting situations to get 1st downs...Im just going to say this pick is interesting.

  10. #10
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,947
    Rep Power
    31

    Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    I would love to pick up Delanie Walker as a TE to complement Kendricks. I believe walker is not utilized to his potential and he would be the perfect player to open throwing lanes down the middle.

    As for safety I would like to see pickup Reggie Nelson. I have watched quote a bit of bengals games and he is always around the ball. A former 1st round pick that is an above average player, ill take it .

  11. #11
    QUINNtessentialTruth's Avatar
    QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,204
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    No resign on Gibson. No go on Cribbs. Vikings wouldnt do that trade. Also, we need to make a bigger splash at WR, FA or Draft.

    Everything else seems good


  12. #12
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    stupid nickname, stupid decisions, don't take mathieu

  13. #13
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Mock Off-season Sosa's STYLE!

    what do people here think of shane skov from stanford?

    he could start on any college team, a true football player as a two way starter

    how about the nfl, on the rams even?
    lostsoul likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Mock Off Season Sosa's Style
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -03-23-2012, 08:42 PM
  2. Sosa's Mock Off Season
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: -12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
  3. Sosa's MOCK.
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -01-25-2011, 09:40 AM
  4. Sosa's Mock Draft v2
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -01-07-2011, 04:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •