Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Mock offseason? Ya you heard right we are that bad

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    1. I'd be fine with Steve Breaston. Don't understand why people think he's just a slot receiver.

2. I wouldn't cut Jacob Bell. He's played relatively well this season so far. Incognito is the guy that HAS to be replaced.

3. While Jimmy Clausen is technically the best QB statistically, I'm not sure teams like him that much to put him so high. He's sort of a goofy kid and to me he isn't a difference maker like Bradford when healthy. I can't quantify it but I'm not as sold on him as many others and I'm an Irish fan. BUT, he's playing well enough to go in the first round to someone.

4. I think James Hall is gone after this season. He's not getting upfield and has been given every opportunity. With his age, I'm not seeing it.

5. I agree Bulger will be cut. Rams can cut Bulger and save about $1.5 million, cut Boller and invest the savings in a guy like Garcia to fill a hole for a few weeks. Next season the Rams will be desperate to sell tickets and the rookie will start early.
    1. We agree there

2. Gotta disagree here Only cogs has been worse than him. He is week he gets manhandled and he isn't a good pass protector either. You can get much cheaper

3. You make a point with Clausen Ill agree there Bradford may be the better option. Because of intagibles, I just want to see him play this year and disprove he isn't just a system guy.

4. Hall is a cheaper versatile option and he knows the system. He isn't a starter anymore, but he still one of the sack leaders on our team.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    of course he is not behind Fitzgerald and boldin, but he still got 1,000 yards receiving as the number 3 guy and consistently came up with big plays. He played even bigger when he had to fill in when Boldin or Fitz went down. He can be a true number 1 target given the opportunity.
    No, he cannot be a #1 WR -- HERE IS WHY:

1. He doesn't have the tools

2. The reason why he is getting those yards is because he is the WR3 with Fitz and Boldin. Cards use no TE and he gets all the soft coverages.

3. He is only 6ft 189 and not super strong and super fast.

4. He isn't a great blocker in run game.

5. He can't take a big hit.

///

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    No, he cannot be a #1 WR -- HERE IS WHY:

1. He doesn't have the tools

2. The reason why he is getting those yards is because he is the WR3 with Fitz and Boldin. Cards use no TE and he gets all the soft coverages.

3. He is only 6ft 189 and not super strong and super fast.

4. He isn't a great blocker in run game.

5. He can't take a big hit.

///
    I guess you didn't read my other posts at all.

1. Neither does Anquon Boldin or Mussin Muhamed and more (look at point 3)
    2. Did you read my other post about what he did when Boldin went down. If there is no TE wouldn't that mean he would get more attention since they are putting in an extra DB to cover him instead of LB that would be in there if there was a TE
    3. neither are a bunch of successful wrs in the league Steve Smith leads the league he is slower and much weaker. Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, Jericho Cotchery, and Nate Burelson all not strong or fast, but they are all in the top 10 in receiving yards. Where is your point?
    4. Where is your proof the cards don't run the ball
    5. O really as a slot in arizona he goes across the middle a hell of alot and takes huge hits all day from LBs.

richtree is offline Registered User

I guess you didn't read my other posts at all.

1. Neither does Anquon Boldin or Mussin Muhamed and more (look at point 3)
    2. Did you read my other post about what he did when Boldin went down. If there is no TE wouldn't that mean he would get more attention since they are putting in an extra DB to cover him instead of LB that would be in there if there was a TE
    3. neither are a bunch of successful wrs in the league Steve Smith leads the league he is slower and much weaker. Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, Jericho Cotchery, and Nate Burelson all not strong or fast, but they are all in the top 10 in receiving yards. Where is your point?
    4. Where is your proof the cards don't run the ball
    5. O really as a slot in arizona he goes across the middle a hell of alot and takes huge hits all day from LBs.
    Firstly, Boldin is a Physical Freak that run end arounds blocks and is a leader on the field.
    Secondly, M. Muhammed is a bum and not good.
    He is product of the system and his yards are inflated by playing with one of the most prolefic passing offenses of all time. Warner, Fitz, Bolden.
    Steve Smith probably has best hands in league, if not top 3.
    Just watch him block.
    At first you say in the slot a nickel back is covering him, but now he is getting hit my LB's "all day".

He is can be a # 2 reciever but thats at best and we already have Avery who is going to be our down the field threat for the next 3 years.

We need a big guy, that can block and play physical.

Firstly, Boldin is a Physical Freak that run end arounds blocks and is a leader on the field.
    Secondly, M. Muhammed is a bum and not good.
    He is product of the system and his yards are inflated by playing with one of the most prolefic passing offenses of all time. Warner, Fitz, Bolden.
    Steve Smith probably has best hands in league, if not top 3.
    Just watch him block.
    At first you say in the slot a nickel back is covering him, but now he is getting hit my LB's "all day".

He is can be a # 2 reciever but thats at best and we already have Avery who is going to be our down the field threat for the next 3 years.

We need a big guy, that can block and play physical.
    1. He runs a 4.7 is he really a a physical freak? Im talking about Mussin Muhamed in his prime. It is funny how you have ignored most of my list. Steve Smith top 3 hands in the league really? Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgereald, Boldin, Steve Smith (carolina) couple guys off the top of my head
    2. You are missing my point how can he block when they don't run the ball. You said it yourself they are the most prolific passing offense.
    3. Who said anything about him being a deep threat. What he does bring to the table is great hands route running pretty good speed and he is also a great special teammer.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Last i checked you still keep a ilb on the field in nickel situation. People like ray lewis like to hang out over the middle in those situations.

diehard99 is offline Registered User

I like this becuase you picked up good DEF help and I think the O-line needs interior line help.

Made alot of changes take a look

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Love the update.

I'm sure we can get those Giants players over on the Rams because of Spags.

I like the draft picks. As of now, I'm not entirely sure on the QB's in round one. But hey, we have several more months until the draft!

Good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Varg6 is online now Registered User

I love the updated free agents but I'm not so sure about the draft. I like some of the picks, like Benn, but we need to get more O-Linemen, I don't agree with getting two running backs. I like Clausen and I'll like him more if the scouts approve of him in the coming months before the draft.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I love the updated free agents but I'm not so sure about the draft. I like some of the picks, like Benn, but we need to get more O-Linemen, I don't agree with getting two running backs. I like Clausen and I'll like him more if the scouts approve of him in the coming months before the draft.
    I though about some more lineman, but I would let Grecco fill in for Cogs. Smith will be on the left side. I don't think Bell's huge contract is movable right now and he has been playing better anyways. Trueblodd added in FA to fill in at RT.

Spoon Trade changes alot IMO

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Spoon Trade changes alot IMO
    If your talking about a need for a WLB, I don't think it does. Let's see how Lenon does in Spoon's absence first.

If your talking about an additional draft pick, then yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    If your talking about a need for a WLB, I don't think it does. Let's see how Lenon does in Spoon's absence first.

If your talking about an additional draft pick, then yes it does.
    Lenon is 32, his one good game last game doesn't impress me, because he had 2 bad ones before that. He has a 1 year deal he is Fa after the season, hardly a long term solution. We never envisioned him as a stater he was supposed to take Draft's role as a guy who could backup all spots.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

It bears mentioning that Notre Dame is 14-17 in Clausen's time with the team, against a schedule that is only modestly "vigorous".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12