The Optimistic Lamb Guest

A Mock You Haven't Seen... by Optimistic

1) Corey Liuget DT
    Even if Julio Jones is available, Ram fans may still be surprised. Yes, yes, Hall is turning 34 but so is Fred Robbins AND we lost Cliff Ryan. DT is our #1 need and we dont have to reach to find a great player like Liuget.

2) Ryan Williams RB
    There aint a #1 reciever within our grasp this year, so lets not reach. Instead lets kill two birds with one stone by taking Williams. He can be a target for Bradford and a tandum back with Jackson. Williams aint no backup. I love Williams because his running style is smooth, he has the type of vision you can't coach, soft hands to be a reliable reciever, has razor sharp cuts, and a 4 pillar personality.

3) Clint Boling OG
    Pouncey and Watkins are suppose to have star potential. But according to Mayock, the next 4-5 OG's are solid starters too. However the draft pans out, the Rams have a better than average chance to grab a starter in the 3rd. I dont know how to grade OG's, so all i can do is read the scouting reports. Whether it is Cannon, Rackley, Moffit, etc... we are sure to get another big man to protect Bradford.

4) Mark Herzlich OLB
    Herz is more out of shape than handicapped. For crying out loud people he was only out a year which is remarkable for a cancer patient. And when he did return he only had 3 practices before the season began. This CBA crisis gives us the perfect opportunity to take a medical concern like Herz and allow him to get back into playing shape. At worst he is a 4th round prospect, at best he is an early first round prospect. And if anyone has the iron will to bring himself back its Herzlich. I believe in him.

5) Joe Lefeged SS
    A very underrated prospect. Extremely fast, loves to play physical, great instincts in coverage, smart, durable, and more than a 4 pillar player. Lefeged is also a scary special teams demon, which adds to his value here in the 5th. SS is one of those positions where you can find great value in the mid to late rounds.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -04-24-2011 at 09:17 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: A Mock You Haven't Seen... by Optimistic

I love it.

The Liuget pick is fantastic. He fills a big hole and would seriously make this defensive line scary. Only comment is, we didn't lose Cliff Ryan...

Ryan Williams is a solid pick. I'd love to pick him or Mikel LeShoure up in the 2nd. He will fit in with SJ so well. The Boling pick fills a huge hole for us with a quality player.

Herzlich may be the biggest steal of the draft. Before his cancer he was a top 15 player. And For Lefeged, I like his style of play. Could be a steal as well.

According to this mock, we would have to go hard in FA for an OLB. But I LOVEEE it!

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

How about DE Greg Romeus in the 4th.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

I wouldn't pull a Jets fan move if the Rams went Luiget. Jones and Luiget have both been possibles my list for the 14th pick. would rather Luiget than trading up, that's for sure. but there's a lot of depth at DT this year. don't have to pull the trigger on the first one if another can be available later. there's a lot of plays for the FO here. should be interesting.

better play at the line completely altered the landscape on D last year. definitely would be nice to see that kept in tact. i'd rather see mediocre play at safety with a great d line, than vice versa. besides, that's where the talent is in this draft anyway.

thx for the mock

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    1) Corey Liuget DT
    Even if Julio Jones is available, Ram fans may still be surprised.
    I doubt very seriously Jones will still be there at 14, but if he is, I can't imagine the Rams passing on him. This draft is considered deep in D-line talent. We may well take Liuget, but Jones has to be more highly rated on the Rams board than Liuget .. We'll see next week ..

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i`ve just visited a site that has us taking Anthony Costanzo in the first!!!! :O

must be run by someone who only watches College Football and the Playoffs or something...

Sosa: I'm pretty sure Ryan had headache issues and the rams didnt resign him, why you say we didn't loose him?

Shan: I love Greg Romeus, he would be my choice in the 4th if i didnt think Herzlich would be there. Its a horrible year for OLB.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I like it overall, but I can't see the Rams passing on Jones if he's there.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Sosa: I'm pretty sure Ryan had headache issues and the rams didnt resign him, why you say we didn't loose him?

Shan: I love Greg Romeus, he would be my choice in the 4th if i didnt think Herzlich would be there. Its a horrible year for OLB.
    You are correct about the migraine issues. But FA hasn't happened yet so technically we didn't lose him.

richtree is offline Registered User

don't like it ...Rounds 2 - 5 blah....I want speed and athletes all over the place !

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I like it overall, but I can't see the Rams passing on Jones if he's there.
    Here's the issue i have with Jones:

With McDaniels' type of play calling & with Bradford's capabilities, we need a reciever who can take the top off a defense, has the instincts to track balls over his shoulder, use his hands, and lay out if need be, and i just haven't seen Jones do that enough. He doesn't seem to fit McDaniels' style. Didn't see Jones making any deep cathces on film, didnt see him making deep catches at the combine. Im sure he has, but clearly that isnt what Jones does best.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -04-25-2011 at 02:36 PM.