CB Bartell

BS (Box Safety) Alston
    NB (Nickelback) Brown

K Wilkins
    P Turk
    KR Booker
    PR Booker

Thoughts/Comments/Negatives/Positives/ect
    Last edited by RamsFan16; -01-25-2007 at 02:05 PM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Modified mock draft w/ signings, ect.

Hello RF16, permit me to make a few comments:
    1.) I don't see Paul Smith as our starting FB next year. I don't even see him on the team-too injury prone. M. Hedgecock is a much more reliable player IMO.

2.) Do you really think rookie Rouse beats out Chavous?

3.) Do you really think Bartell beats out F. Brown?

4.) I'm not at all sold that L. Timmons is the 13th best player in this draft (see ongoing posts with Nick on this topic.)

5.) You have L. Booker as our 3rd round pick:Could you explain your reasoning for this pick? Seems a little high for a RB; but I don't know much about Booker at this point.

WHAT SAY YE

RamsFan16 Guest

1.) I don't see Paul Smith as our starting FB next year. I don't even see him on the team-too injury prone. M. Hedgecock is a much more reliable player IMO.
    Possibly, but I'd like to see P. Smith resigned and kind of maybe be a 'secret' weapon type player. Such as get him out on some tiny Full Back routes that they wouldn't be expecting to get a little yardage or something. But thats a possibility.

2.) Do you really think rookie Rouse beats out Chavous?
    I'm not saying he will this year but he definately would have a shot next year. He's a run stopping SS also.

3.) Do you really think Bartell beats out F. Brown?
    Yes I actually think that he will if he practices like he played in the last few games of the season. Brown is good don't get me wrong but he's not as atheletic or fast as Bartell.

4.) I'm not at all sold that L. Timmons is the 13th best player in this draft (see ongoing posts with Nick on this topic.)
    His stock could definately rise. Last year he had 18 TFL! Thats amazing and Starting SLB type material.

5.) You have L. Booker as our 3rd round pick:Could you explain your reasoning for this pick? Seems a little high for a RB; but I don't know much about Booker at this point.
    Linehan would like a backup change of pace back for Jackson who can catch out of the backfield and break a run long. Booker is a breakaway big play type player who can catch very well out of the backfield. Thats the reasoning PLUS he's been very good at the Senior Bowl.

chipperjones Guest

I like the Timmons pick, I like Bratell as the CB, and Rouse is very intresting. Wilkins can't kick forever. Can he?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Fonoti would not be a good acquisition. He has been bouncing around teams for the last year because he cannot control his weight. He was once over 400lbs

if he cant stay in shape i cant see him being much competition for who we already have

ENN107 Guest

We don't need 3 outside linebackers. We need to draft a middle linebacker. A player like Buster Davis from Florida State who is built like ex Ram London Fletcher. Davis is 5' 9" but he will make the run defense defend the run.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    We don't need 3 outside linebackers. We need to draft a middle linebacker.
    Not according to Haslett, who wants to keep Witherspoon inside. The door isn't completely shut on adding a big thumping MLB, but the preference is to keep Will inside and improve the line to maximize his ability to make plays.

So going forward with that information, an OLB is needed as an upgrade over Chillar.

keith m. klink Guest

i didn't like any of those picks except mcnight in the 5th. this draft would set our team back years in my opinion . study the top 300 players available, their history at school , in the public, injury and health. whether they did good this year only, or for their whole career at school, whether they are good teammates and leaders , and the final thing, where are the rams picking and who in front of them needs the same players. you need to do much more work than just jumping on a wagon son. i'll be watching your bit's, and i wanna see something that stands up to an argument come april. keep trying.