Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bald_81 is online now Registered User

Re: Monroe's knees red flagged?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Mmmm, that's not quite how I remember it. I don't remember any additional medical testing being done at Dorsey's pro day to clear him. LSU made their doctors and Dorsey's medical records available, and Dorsey didn't appear to show any lingering effects of an injury in his workout, but his medical testing was going to done when he visited with specific teams. Plus, after his pro day, an additional report was released that continued to cast doubt on him being completely healthy.
    Sorry Nick, but I had to dig up this tidbit up to refresh your memory.

Rams | Team not concerned with Dorsey's health
    Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:52:06 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams are not concerned with Louisiana State DL Glenn Dorsey's health, particularly the stress fracture Dorsey suffered in his right leg in 2006. Executive vice president of player personnel Bill Devaney said all of the medical questions the team had on Dorsey have been answered satisfactorily.
    The Rams also had the team test him out when he came to Rams Park prior to the draft. But look on the brightside Nick, atleast it doesn't look like we'll be having any quarrels this draft season! I'm actually scared for Glenn, first Herm/Gunther used him incorrectly as a rookie, and now they're moving to a 3-4. I wonder how that bodes for his playing time/production.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Sorry Nick, but I had to dig up this tidbit up to refresh your memory.
    Why are you sorry? That quote doesn't say that he checked out 100% medically at his pro day, and that's the statement I was challenging as incorrect.

Are you questioning my statement regarding Dorsey's health still being in question after his pro day? Because it was, as evident by the PFW report in early April and a McShay video you posted that said the injury is still a mystery.

So I'm not sure what you're refreshing here...

Bald_81 is online now Registered User

I'm refreshing the fact that for whatever reason Chris Long became an equal with Dorsey prior to the draft, it was not based on outstanding medical questions the Rams would have because he had passed their testing at his Pro Day and private workout. With regards to the video of McShay you're referring to, he posed it as a mystery meaning that the testing done at the pro day showed no signs of lingering effects or long-term risk, so it was a "mystery" as to what that injury meant. The only person disputing this fact was Howard Balzer who called him an "injury waiting to happen", yet Dorsey has still not missed any games throughout his entire college career and brief NFL career.
    Last edited by Bald_81; -03-04-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12