Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TKnight39 is offline Registered User

The more I think about it, I want the Rams to trade its #2 pick!

I honestly don't think anyone from this years draft will save this team. Bulger isn't going anywhere for at least another year and the best we might do is 8-8. (not saying that I don't want the Rams to go all the way next year)

I say trade out of this pick, grab someone else's 1st and 3rd along with next year's 1st (so we can have 2 #1s next year when it will be a QB happy 1st round).

Do you even think Spags and co will consider this???

Last edited by HUbison; -01-26-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: no links

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: The more I think about it, I want the Rams to trade its #2 pick!

I don't think the Rams are going to be able to trade out of the pick, but why all the hating on Bulger? It's hard to get the ball downfield when he has this amount of time to throw:

Set Hut; Oh #$%&!!!!!

blood85 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I don't think the Rams are going to be able to trade out of the pick, but why all the hating on Bulger? It's hard to get the ball downfield when he has this amount of time to throw:

Set Hut; Oh #$%&!!!!!
    I agree, he's actually a decent qb when he has "time" to throw and when he knows he can trust his O-line to give him the time....It's kind of hard to throw from your own butt.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I honestly was wondering the same thing about whether they'd consider trading out of the two spot- they certainly have multiple needs. I've gotta' be honest, though: I always get confused when teams do this, because it seems that you're gambling on a number of teams to draft specific guys before you pick, and if one of those teams throws you a curveball and drafts a guy you had your eyes on, you're screwed.

Mel Kiper, Jr. has us taking the tackle from Alabama with the 2nd pick- for what that's worth, which is probably not much.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post

Set Hut; Oh #$%&!!!!!

hahahaha, nah i dont even think he curses anymore, this guy really must think by now its normal to get hit 5 times before completing 1 pass..

TKnight39 is offline Registered User

Sure, Bulger is a fine QB, but he's not the LEADER the Rams need on the field, leading the team to victory.

maineram is offline Registered User

OK, Marc wasn't the winning leader last year under Linny and Haz. New coach and formula, and I believe Marc could finish his career in St. Louis as a Superbowl QB.

We could be looking at Tony Banks going into the offseason ????

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by TKnight39 View Post
    Sure, Bulger is a fine QB, but he's not the LEADER the Rams need on the field, leading the team to victory.
    Sigh... it took all of 10 words for this to change from a thread about trading down (Draft and FA, anybody?) into another thread about Bulger.

Trading down would be nice but inside the top 10, you have to have a partner who can afford to spend a bucketload of money and/or aren't in your division. 2 of the top 10 are in our division and the majority of the rest aren't looking for a QB or for Crabtree.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Sigh... it took all of 10 words for this to change from a thread about trading down (Draft and FA, anybody?) into another thread about Bulger.

Trading down would be nice but inside the top 10, you have to have a partner who can afford to spend a bucketload of money and/or aren't in your division. 2 of the top 10 are in our division and the majority of the rest aren't looking for a QB or for Crabtree.
    I could be wrong, but if Mark Sanchez has a good combine I could see a team wanting to move ahead of the Chiefs to pick him.

I agree that the Rams should stay in the top 10 in this draft, but it seems to be pretty heavy with talent, so a solid top 10 pick, plus an OT with the 2nd round pick, add in the extra draft picks this year and next...sounds pretty good to me. The biggest problem is that we can talk about trading down, but it's a lot harder to actually do.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

And you base this on . . . .?
    I don't love him, I don't hate him, but his teammate looks at him as a leader, they are even vocal about it . . . one thing you cannot take away from him, he get hit, he get hit very hard, he always stands up for the next play.

With regards to the draft, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be a good move to trade down, but not too far and not draft a QB in the firsts rounds. By mid season we were all for an OT, now I think we need one for each position, I'd say trade down and get decent talent in 2-3-4 round, maybe we get lucky and we get the next brady . . . on a side note, if he were available, would you like Brennan as QB?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

As opposed to the "fiery" Brett Favre, who has the ability to throw a game ending interception late in the 4th Quarter.

That said we need to get a developmental QB in the mid-rounds this year. I don't want to throw any rookie QB into the fire, and drafting one high next year might mean that.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I think it'd be good to either trade down or keep the #2 spot..i do agree though that by trading down we may be able to add a little more depth where lacked..

djdeeznutz Guest

I really want the Rams to trade the pick to the Raiders, Jaguars, Bears, or Bengals cuz they all will need WRs (houzurmama and ocho stinko are FA next year) so they will take Micheal Crabtree away from division Rival Seahawks and we can pick up Maluega, Oher, or Aaron Curry (if the browns are stupid).

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't think the Rams can. It's very rare to be able to trade a top 5 pick.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Let's hope Detroit picks a QB and another team falls in love with crabtree. If not the Rams will not be trading down.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast