Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TKnight39 is offline Registered User

Re: The more I think about it, I want the Rams to trade its #2 pick!

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    As opposed to the "fiery" Brett Favre, who has the ability to throw a game ending interception late in the 4th Quarter.

That said we need to get a developmental QB in the mid-rounds this year. I don't want to throw any rookie QB into the fire, and drafting one high next year might mean that.

That's what I'm trying to say. I like Bulger, I really do. But for the last 3 or so seasons I've been quite disappointed in him as our starting QB. I understand he's getting sacked like David Carr, but his fire and body language just kills me. I'm really hoping Spags turns him around.

I also don't see the Rams taking a QB in the first 3 Rds this year anyway...but maybe next year. If we can drop about 5-8 spots in the draft and pick up a 3rd and a 1st of next year, that would be great. That's probably what the Rams need to do. The OT's in this draft don't even compare to Jake Long of last year, but then again, this year's draft doesn't impress me a whole too much.

I just want to see my Rams get a few more wins. (more than 2 and 3 in a season).

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    I really want the Rams to trade the pick to the Raiders, Jaguars, Bears, or Bengals cuz they all will need WRs (houzurmama and ocho stinko are FA next year) so they will take Micheal Crabtree away from division Rival Seahawks and we can pick up Maluega, Oher, or Aaron Curry (if the browns are stupid).
    We're not in a position where we can worry about "preventing" other teams from drafting certain players. We need to focus on fixing up our team this year.

TKnight39 is offline Registered User

I'm hoping that we really don't pick Rey Maualuga.

He's a really good player and all, but his maturity scares me a bit.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TKnight39 View Post
    I say trade out of this pick, grab someone else's 1st and 3rd along with next year's 1st (so we can have 2 #1s next year when it will be a QB happy 1st round).

Do you even think Spags and co will consider this???

Spags? Yes.
    Devaney? Yes.
    Rosenbloom? Yes.

But who is on the other side of the equation? And why would they consider it?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Why is it that everyone wants to trade down but they never propose who they are going to actually trade with and what that teams motivation would be to trade up? It's extremely difficult to trade down a few spots. The cost just isn't there.

Rams need a sure thing type of stud in the 1st round. Aaron Curry is that stud.

Weddle is offline Registered User

I think any team rebuilding would want to trade down really, as that way you get more picks! However, there are certain players and positions that you can build a franchise around, and OT is one of them. If Spagnuolo and the talent evaluators think one stands out as an All-Pro LT it'll be hard to get away from it. However, if they don't, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move down a few spots and take Maualuga.

Personally, I see us taking Andre Smith at 1.2 and hoping to move up a little to nab a LB like Cushing or Sintim late in the first. If you are interested I have attempted to write a reasoned article about the top talent in the '09 draft and the Rams interest in them here
    Last edited by Weddle; -01-28-2009 at 05:18 AM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Trading down having the second pick in the draft is about as hard as convincing CNN that Obama is actually human. It's tough to do.

Now, maybe trading down in Round 2 or 3 might happen.

soup1981 Guest

Marc Bulger is a beaten down little puppy. He plays scared. He is the exact opposite of tough. He has absolutly no pocket presence and lack mobility. Most Importantly his confidence is at all time low. ALL YOU RAMS FANS WHO THINK THE RAMS CAN GO ALL THE WAY WITH BULGER ARE LIVING IN A DREAM WORLD. iF THE RAMS DON'T DRAFT A QB OR PICK ONE UP VIA FA THE 09 SEASON WILL BE DISSAPOINTING ONE. ( THE KID FROM BALL STATE HAS A GUN AND MOBILITY.WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET HIM IN MID ROUNDS)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12