Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

More Nuggets on Rams/Carriker

According to Scout.com, both Scott Linehan and Jim Haslett were present for Nebraska's pro day to watch Adam Carriker, who weighed in at just over 290 pounds. After running another impressive forty (though to be fair it was on a favorable track), Carriker was put through a number of defensive line drills, some of which he had never done before. Reportedly, he looked great.

Again, according to Scout.com, the Rams love Carriker's ability as well as his character and personality. But they feel he is capable of playing at defensive tackle and has the ability to comfortably add as much as 35 pounds to his frame.

Thoughts?

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: More Nuggets on Rams/Carriker

Surely it's not easy enough to say that if he adds 35 pounds then he can play DT.Correct me if I'm wrong but is he not better suited to DE in a 4-3 defense or at end in a 3-4 formation?:l

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I have been a big proponent of Carriker for a while. I've got Okoye a hair ahead of him right now, but its close.

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

wow! an extra 35? that would be one big talented man!

it would be interesting to know what Carriker thinks about doing that.

The more i hear about this guy the more i like him.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I'm all for anyone who can help the D line regain respectability.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Just as a follow-up, Carriker was just on Sirius NFL Radio and confirmed that the Rams envision him adding weight and playing as a three-technique defensive tackle. Carriker said he had no problem playing anywhere on the line in any scheme, but when pressed to make a decision, said his favorite spot as at 3-4 end.

Country is offline Registered User

I was reading a draft magazine at work today and this thought crept back into my head.

The Rams say they will go DT in the draft because the FA suck. Well Okoye and Branch aree not guaranteed to be there and Tank Tyler and Harrell are late 1st round guys.

Carriker could be a beast as the three technique and would bring work ethic and attitude to the DTs something that they are missing.

Carriker at 6'6" 310lbs. would be a rock inside.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I was reading a draft magazine at work today and this thought crept back into my head.

The Rams say they will go DT in the draft because the FA suck. Well Okoye and Branch aree not guaranteed to be there and Tank Tyler and Harrell are late 1st round guys.

Carriker could be a beast as the three technique and would bring work ethic and attitude to the DTs something that they are missing.

Carriker at 6'6" 310lbs. would be a rock inside.
    Try 6'6"- 325 lbs of human mass!!!! Mingya!

keith m. klink Guest

carriker can play any position on the line , and do them well, i would love this kid in a rams uniform, even though his prefered position is (as you say3-4 end), money talks , and if the rams pay this guy a boatload of gold to add a few, and stuff up that line, then by golly, he will.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

all this stuff raises questions for me... something is wrong with this guy... if carriker is there ya take him but i just dont know about him... something about nebraska players after eric crouch and lawrence phillips just raises my eye brow for a bit..

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    all this stuff raises questions for me... something is wrong with this guy... if carriker is there ya take him but i just dont know about him... something about nebraska players after eric crouch and lawrence phillips just raises my eye brow for a bit..
    something about nebraska players after eric crouch and lawrence phillips just raises my eye brow for a bit..
    Can you say Grant Wistrom?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    I'd take a blackshirt any day, and twice on Sunday. This guy is a physical phenom, with the work ethic and football intelligence to boot. He has played every position on the NU line, including everything from a 4-3 end to a 3-4 nose. I'd have absolutely no problem taking Carriker. He's been a top pick of mine since last summer, and I see no reason to change my mind now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Country is offline Registered User

Varriker has the work ethic that the defense needs add that to his functional strength and he is a great pick. Nebraska players have had great careers and you have to love hard working mid-western folk.

Great Pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Great Pick.
    We haven't even made it yet!

I like the idea of our drafting Carriker as a three-technique DT more than I do a run stopping DE, because as I've said previously, it seems we already have a promising young run stopping DE in Adeyanju. So taking Carriker and moving him inside to rush the passer is intriguing. He had a disappointing start to his senior season but finished well and has been lights out in post-season workouts.

That being said, if I'm picking a three-technique tackle in round one and I have a choice between Carriker and Amobi Okoye, I'm likely going to go with the Big East prodigy than the Cornhusker. Presently I see Carriker going to San Fran @ 11 though, so we may not even have a choice.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Looks like Coach Haslett and Coach Linehan have a liking for Carriker as a diamond in the rough. And as mentioned in the Branch Vs. Carriker thread, it would seem considerably more likely that Adam would be available for us rather than Alan.

I'm beginning to really like this DL prospect from Nebraska.

GET ADAM CARRIKER!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast