• 2 Post By Fortuninerhater
  • 3 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Rammed

Thread: More Trade Rumors

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

More Trade Rumors

" Citing league sources, Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com reports "at least" three teams, including the Redskins, Dolphins, and Seahawks, are "strongly considering" a blockbuster trade with the Rams to draft Robert Griffin III at No. 2 overall.

Team sources also tell Freeman that the Browns have interest in trading up, "though not as much as the other teams." While the Dolphins are interested "despite their Matt Flynn infatuation," the Redskins "remain the front-runners." Team officials label the Seahawks the "sleeper team" hindered by the prohibitive cost of trading up from twelfth to second. The three teams reportedly view RGIII as a "close facsimile" to Andrew Luck in terms of NFL potential. "

" According to SI.com's Peter King, the Browns would need to part with "at least" another second-rounder in addition to the Nos. 4 and 22 overall picks in this year's draft to move up for the Rams' No. 2 spot.

The Rams have gained plenty of leverage over the past couple of days with the ultra-charismatic Robert Griffin III standing tall in height and weight while a dominant Combine confirmed USC's Matt Kalil as a prototypical franchise left tackle. The Rams can play QB-desperate teams against each other, secure in the knowledge that Kalil fills a crucial team need at No. 2 overall. "

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: More Trade Rumors

I really dont see how we could lose in the draft. If we stay at #2 or trade we'll still be winners.
    THOLTFAN81, ManofGod and ZiaRam like this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

We won't be staying at #2 Tampa. That's guaranteed. We'll trade it for something, and RG3 keeps helping us increase that price.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.
    I believe!

Rammed is offline Registered User

Think it's also a fair point that King makes that Kalil's combine also gives us leverage as for staying put. In that way adding to the price. Perfect storm anyone?
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I tend to agree; it's hard to imagine the Rams not trading down at this point. The only variable is with who and for what.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    We won't be staying at #2 Tampa. That's guaranteed. We'll trade it for something, and RG3 keeps helping us increase that price.
    I know the chances are we will, and im really hoping we do trade. But im just saying even if we stay at #2 we'll get a cornerstone player. I dont want to stay at #2.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'm pretty sure Seattle can forget about a trade that would have us chasing RG3 around twice a year. I don't believe our braintrust would be that foolish.

But if the Redskins are offering what has been reported on this board, we should pull the trigger immediately.
    THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'm pretty sure Seattle can forget about a trade that would have us chasing RG3 around twice a year. I don't believe our braintrust would be that foolish.
    Exactly. The only way the Rams should entertain a phone call from Seattle is to string them along for a great package only to tell them "No" afterward. Imagine the satisfaction.
    THOLTFAN81, ManofGod and ZiaRam like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Exactly. The only way the Rams should entertain a phone call from Seattle is to string them along for a great package only to tell them "No" afterward. Imagine the satisfaction.
    The only greater satisfaction would be if it were the fortuniners.
    ZiaRam likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

My dream would be the Browns offering 1.4, 1.22, a 5th, and next years 1st. Perhaps with the huge demand and tiny supply for franchise QB's we will be able to pull it off. Lets hope the Redskins and stupid Dan Snyder fall in love and offer the world, that way the Browns can take 1 step ahead with more ammunition.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Rammed is offline Registered User

RT@AFuchs111: Any thoughts about Skins willingness to offer top 4 picks and next yr. #1 to Rams for #2? ... Might not be enough. -- Peter King (@SI_PeterKing)
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    imagine that call? " ummm No" click all of a sudden the war room breaks out into a roar of laughs!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    My dream would be the Browns offering 1.4, 1.22, a 5th, and next years 1st. Perhaps with the huge demand and tiny supply for franchise QB's we will be able to pull it off. Lets hope the Redskins and stupid Dan Snyder fall in love and offer the world, that way the Browns can take 1 step ahead with more ammunition.
    Dude that would be beast like if the Browns and Synder get in a bidding war and I think there is a better than average chance of it to happen since Synder has a history of giving up the world to FA's and hasn't had a decent QB to help his team out in what over a decade??? great chance of this... so anxious