Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jquarando is offline Registered User

Exclamation Moss reunited with Lineham?

Football Futures.com is reporting that the raiders are willing to trade Randy Moss for a third rounder and a veteran wideout. I dont know what wideout we would give up,definitly not bruce or holt but maybe mcdonald or curtis(not sure if they qualify as veterans or if we can even trade them seeing they are UFA). The chances of this happening are pretty slim but I think it would be pretty neat. Just imagine Randy lining up with Reverend Holt and Sir Isaac bruce, with Jackson, Davis and Faulk in the backfield. Pretty much the Greatest show on turf. We wouldnt even need to worry about a defense cause we would score on every drive.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Moss reunited with Lineham?

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post
    Football Futures.com is reporting that the raiders are willing to trade Randy Moss for a third rounder and a veteran wideout. I dont know what wideout we would give up,definitly not bruce or holt but maybe mcdonald or curtis(not sure if they qualify as veterans or if we can even trade them seeing they are UFA). The chances of this happening are pretty slim but I think it would be pretty neat. Just imagine Randy lining up with Reverend Holt and Sir Isaac bruce, with Jackson, Davis and Faulk in the backfield. Pretty much the Greatest show on turf. We wouldnt even need to worry about a defense cause we would score on every drive.
    We might score every time if Moss becomes a full timer instead of a part timer.:x

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

No. Just... no.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

No thank you very much. I want no part of Randy Moss on this team. He has polluted every roster he's been a part of. I'd rather see Randy Quaid in horns than Randy Moss.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post
    What makes you think he's going to play like he did in his prime, AND not make the Rams' organization a complete mess? Is it worth the chance of getting rid of McDonald/Curtis and a 3rd round draft pick!?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Surely you jest?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Is it worth the chance of getting rid of McDonald/Curtis and a 3rd round draft pick!?
    It's not even possible. Both Curtis and McDonald are free agents. In order to trade them we'd have to sign them to a contract. Both I'm sure would rather take their chances on the free agent market than sign with us and get traded to Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's not even possible. Both Curtis and McDonald are free agents. In order to trade them we'd have to sign them to a contract. Both I'm sure would rather take their chances on the free agent market than sign with us and get traded to Oakland.
    You mean to say they wouldn't relish the opportunity to play for the

Rrrrrrrraaaiiidas!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yeah! Even better...there's no way that we'd get rid of Reverend Bruce and Big Game...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

chiguy is offline Registered User

I think the fact that the offense poor Raiders are willing to trade him so "cheaply" is a pretty good sign that you don't want to make this deal.

I'm willing to bet someone like the Bucs jumps at it though.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe he'll find a home in Cincy at the Paul Brown Stadium/District Court/Detention Center.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Maybe the Cowboys would make a move for him. Watching him and TO on the same team would be a riot.

What Moss needs is to go to a team with a strong willed QB who will get in his face and stand up to his antics when he mouths off or starts slacking. I think if anyone could straighten this guy out, Favre could do it and wouldn't be surprised to see them make a move for him.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Can someone refresh my memory a little? Was Moss always a cancer or only when the team(s) he was on was losing?

In a Madden universe, I can definitely see the potential for the Rams getting Moss so cheaply, not having to pay big money to Curtis to re-sign him(in a relatively weak WR free agent market where Drew Bennett is probably the top FA WR) and being able to move Ike to the slot and prolong his career. I'm not advocating this deal but I can see the merit. The asking price is so absurdly cheap that it's hard not to at least consider it. Moss is an a-hole to the nth degree but the Raiders are and were a mess before he got there so I don't know that his presence guarantees an implosion for whichever team gets him. Drama for sure, but the Green Bay and Dallas scenarios are very intriguing.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Maybe the Cowboys would make a move for him. Watching him and TO on the same team would be a riot.

What Moss needs is to go to a team with a strong willed QB who will get in his face and stand up to his antics when he mouths off or starts slacking. I think if anyone could straighten this guy out, Favre could do it and wouldn't be surprised to see them make a move for him.
    It's very interesting that you have brought up Favre's name. I actually heard on Sirius' NFL Talk that Favre has called his HC and inquired about adding Moss to the Pack. Favre wants Moss on his team.
    Last edited by laram0; -02-12-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast