larams1980 is offline Registered User

move back into 1st round with 2nd round pick

Brian Burwell (St.Louis Post-Dispatch, STL Today.com, 101 ESPN) has been reporting over the past two days (on his radio show on 101 ESPN) that the Rams are going to keep their #2 overall pick. He says his people at Rams Park and league insiders are saying that the Rams are looking to move up from the #35 pick overall (3rd pick in the 2nd round) into the back end of the first round. The exact number is not known. Apparently there are a few scenario's playing into this....

#1. Rams take LB Aaron Curry #2, then trade up and get Michael Oher, Eben Britton, or William Beatty.

#2. The reverse order of above. The Rams take Jason Smith, then go after one of the LB's that will most likely not be there @ #35 (Maualuga, Lauranitis, Cushing).

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: move back into 1st round with 2nd round pick

Overall, that's what I'd favor the Rams doing, but the way I look at it, there's more chance that there will be a right tackle(since Barron's been better on the left side) even where we pick in the 2nd.

So yes, I'd go with option one and take Curry, and let him be a 3 down playmaker for us, and then be looking for Britton or Loadholt AT #35, as one of them probably will still be there at that point. If we feel we need to move up, then ok, but I'd much rather stay put.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

If DeSpags AND the scouts have fallen gaga over somebody, then fine. But I'm not excited about giving up picks to move up a few spots.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: move back into 1st round with 2nd round pick

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Overall, that's what I'd favor the Rams doing, but the way I look at it, there's more chance that there will be a right tackle(since Barron's been better on the left side) even where we pick in the 2nd.

So yes, I'd go with option one and take Curry, and let him be a 3 down playmaker for us, and then be looking for Britton or Loadholt AT #35, as one of them probably will still be there at that point. If we feel we need to move up, then ok, but I'd much rather stay put.

tdog08 is offline Registered User

I can't wait now I thik it will be panthers or falcons since we always trade with them or even giants