badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Mrs. Disinformation?

I would not at all be suprised if all of this talk of Cutler is just a way for the Rams to draw intrest and anxiety to the no. 11 pick.

I have to say that it appears to me that the FO and coaching staff have done an excellent job of attempting to draw value to the 11th pick.

Of course this is all dependant on the way the draft plays out (huff, bunkley, and ngata are already gone).

With this being said I think we have an excellent chance of trading down and picking up an extra pick or two which would make us all happy.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Mrs. Disinformation?

The idea of smokescreening, and highlighting potential gret candidates at our pick to lure in a team such as minnesota to a trade is fantastic. my question lies here? does every team then, do it? Look at pick 2, where the Saints who have an outstanding DE combo of former first round picks are dancing round the Mario Williams MayPole. Are they really interested? I'll bet not. Are they trying to lure in a trade? New York?

Smokescreening happens all around the league, and as such, it is not only a great move by our front office, but i can assure you, that with all the other "great moves" in smokescreening by other teams FO's, those high up in the Rams organisation are just as confused about "who goes where" as to the the exact approximation of Pi.

That goes ditto for the 31 other franchises. Nothing is for sure, and this tactic of smookescreening ensures it. Also, many teams have countless options of players they would, or could select. Look at Us. there are so many liikely possibilities. Michael Huff, Vernon Davis and AJ Hawk are the top 3, easily, but will most likely be gone by pick 11.that opens up the book on other candidates like Haloti Ngata, Chad Greenway and as we're supposedly told (albeit this may be a smokescreening move) Jay Cutler.

The possibilities are endless and despite all the speculation, even the Houston Texans probably won't be sure until draft day.

I shall take a breath now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq
    Smokescreening happens all around the league, and as such, it is not only a great move by our front office, but i can assure you, that with all the other "great moves" in smokescreening by other teams FO's, those high up in the Rams organisation are just as confused about "who goes where" as to the the exact approximation of Pi.

Agreed.

My whole thing is Jay Cutler. I understand that many teams draft based upon value, the best available player, but I think that there is no way the FO can validate selecting a QB with their first pick. Especially, considering the former state of the defense. There are jems to be found in the latter rounds, there always is.

I'm impressed with the FO's moves thus far, but we made moves last year and we all know how that panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan

My whole thing is Jay Cutler. I understand that many teams draft based upon value, the best available player, but I think that there is no way the FO can validate selecting a QB with their first pick.

Especially, considering the former state of the defense. There are jems to be found in the latter rounds, there always is.
    Totally agree with point one, barring Matt Leinart, in which case it has to be considered, purely as a trade option.

I think sleepers are a big part of NFL teams theese days. look at the teams who have multiple first rounders starting at many positions. Maybe you get lucky, and grab an Erik Coleman of the Jets, or a Gibril Wilson of the Giants. Maybe you take a La'Roi Glover 10 years back in the 5th round, like the Saints. Maybe you get unlucky and draft a Kevin Garrett. My point is, generally, teams that do well have strong value "sleepers" either as starters or quality backups.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Jay Cutler or a QB period would be a mind boggling move. It would be an absolutely moronic move considering Bulger is really good and still fairly young. There is no way we will waste our 1st pick on a QB when we have so many other needs.

Rambos is offline Registered User

It’s not that hard to imagine, who would you rather have D Lewis or Jay Cutler?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Itís not that hard to imagine, who would you rather have D Lewis or Jay Cutler?
    Trick question?

If the Rams decide to choose a QB with their first pick I would have to compare it to Green bay's No.1 last year.

They ignored a lot of glaring needs to draft a QB in the first and I would say the Rams could be doing the same thing should they draft a QB at No.1.

I heard and intresting stat today on ESPN, "The average draft postion for the Superbowl MVP is 133".