Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: MSNBC Draft Grade

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    In the draft aftermath, the experts are trying to save face (and justify their jobs) from having missed what they could have seen but didn't.
    Excellent point, Chris. Why should ESPN pay Kiper X dollars if his accuracy isn't any better than Joe Schmo in his La-Z-boy?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

A lot of people keep saying, even now, that we could have traded down and still landed Avery. Who was there to trade up for? Every WR was still available, so no one with their eye on a WR in round 2 was going to trade for that pick, which happened to be about 1/3 of the league. What would we have even received for moving down 7-10 spots? A fourth rounder? Fifth rounder? I think we did an excellent job with the picks that we had/obtained, and we didn't really need another late round pick, especially when you account for the risk of potentially losing your man, whom Avery definitely was, obviously.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'm one of the even now guys, Beers, and the idea going into the draft was that there would be a QB left that someone would trade for, and in the draft Henne and Brohm were still available. The issue was that apparently no one wanted them. I mean come on, Brohm went to Green Bay! It was such a value pick(top 5 if not #1 pick to late 2nd round) that they couldn't pass him up just in case Rodgers sucks or gets hurt. Chicago was my target for a trade, but they didn't even take a QB for a camp arm despite having the fewest on their roster going into the draft, so sucks to me.

As for what we could have picked up, yes, a fourth round pick would be my goal, or a third rounder next year or whatever would come close to the chart. The idea being with that fourth, we could have picked up a linebacker for depth, now our biggest hole in the team.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I got to see a lot of Michigan games and I am not a fan of Henne. I really think he's going to be the next Drew Henson.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234