Rams don’t have a dominant interior DL
    High Character

Suh- Cons
    Already have a ton of money invested in the DL
    Not a deep QB draft- Won’t be a QB worthy of the 33rd pick
    Can upgrade the DL in the 2nd round at cheaper price

Bradford-Pros
    One of the most accurate QB’s to come out in the last 5 years
    Excellent intangibles (leader, worker, winner, smart)
    Team has a HUGE hole at the position and needs a face of the franchise

Bradford-Cons
    Durability- Can he hold up to the NFL pounding with his narrow frame *I was shocked that he weighed in at 236 lbs today
    He doesn’t come out of a traditional NFL drop back offense
    Who is he going to throw to? Are they better off adding other pieces first before adding the QB?

I have been a HUGE Suh fan over the last 2 years. I have mentioned before that I thought he was the best football player in last year’s draft. I think he is the best player in this draft as well. However, if you are a team without competent QB play, you are going to have a hard time winning NFL games. So the question the Rams have to answer is whether they should select a “really good” QB with durability issues or a “great” DT with limited risk.

Move the Sticks is operated by former Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah. He has six years of NFL scouting experience.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Re: MTS's Daniel Jeremiah on The Rams Dilemma

I'd like to add to that, the weighted value of the positions and their level of need on this team. Both are needs but they level of need at QB at rams, versus the level of need at DT for the rams is rather lopsided considering the value of that position later in the draft versus that of QB, the importance of Qbs to win you football games, and even revenue sales.

Bradford isn't really an Alex Smith type deal where we're getting an average QB super high because we need one, if he checks out, Bradford fits the bill..of the real deal. Has everything you ask for except consecutive starts.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    I'd like to add to that, the weighted value of the positions and their level of need on this team. Both are needs but they level of need at QB at rams, versus the level of need at DT for the rams is rather lopsided considering the value of that position later in the draft versus that of QB, the importance of Qbs to win you football games, and even revenue sales.

Bradford isn't really an Alex Smith type deal where we're getting an average QB super high because we need one, if he checks out, Bradford fits the bill..of the real deal. Has everything you ask for except consecutive starts.
    And the ability to stay healthy.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    And the ability to stay healthy.
    Suh had 2 knee surgeries during his college career.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Suh had 2 knee surgeries during his college career.
    He's had clean health and two highly productive and active college seasons since the last trip under the knife. Not an issue.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

The Suh knee injury thing is IMO a non issue for Suh, ive watched quite a bit of Suh and havent seen any lingering effects. As far as Bradford, the only significant injury he has had recently is the shoulder, which with modern medicine, has proved to be a very treatable injury, with some QBs if i recall correctly saying their shoulder felt even stronger afterwards. I don't think I have to mention Brees who had a similar injury..

The added weight that Bradford has put on...going from 212 his sophmore (or freshman?) year in college to a solid 236 certainly should help pad the walls so to speak, and keep him healthier.

If he becomes a chad pennington in the league Ill be the first to say I was wrong and wear the dunce cap, but if we pass on him and he becomes a star, It'll be better for the Rams if they pick Suh and he becomes a star.

A star quarterback is better for a team than a star any other position. We have a star runningback and won one game. I'm not saying a QB acn get it done alone, but a good one can elevate the play of his entire team. Manning willed his offense to score points all season and made his receivers some names, and a decent FA check if they were there. The last year Marc Bulger showed out we were a game or two away from the playoffs, ever year he sucked...we sucked, despite sjax and holt.

As much as Ill be "what-if"ing myself when Suh gets into the league, Ill be crying if Bradford gets in and becomes great.

Bradford is the guy if he checks out, almost a no brainer once one breaks it down.
    Last edited by Bralidore(RAMMODE); -02-28-2010 at 08:27 PM.