RamsFan16 Guest

As much as I wanna take Greenway we should draft Williams

We could find a good LB in the second round. That Roach or maybe if we trade up Hodge I mean there a good LBs in the Draft but how many CBs in the draft are 6'3" 219lbs? Has size and long arms. Fast and good recovery speed. I'm personally going to watch VTs bowl game to see this guy play. I mean look at the upcoming recievers today. Aquan Boldin, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Javon Walker, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson (HOU) Reggie Brown, Mark Clayton. There all big physical guys about 6'+. Our DBs are 5'10-. We are always getting owned because of our CB size. I mean in the next two years our DBs would be:

CB Bartell 6'1" 208lbs
    CB J. Williams 6'3" 216lbs
    FS OJ Atogwe 5'11" 203lbs
    SS Jerome Carter 5'11" 219lbs

I know we can go on and say that we need a LB yes I know and yes I wanted Greenway over anyone cause I love him and want him but I think williams would be best for the team. What do you guys all think?

Rampage39 Guest

Re: As much as I wanna take Greenway we should draft Williams

i much rather take mario williams if he was available. if we increase the pass rush it instantly makes our whole secondary better. butler does come back next year and he'll be better than any rookie db we select. you're right about finding a linebacker in the 2nd round in what seems to be a strong linebacker class. btw some question jimmy williams' true position, i mean is he a corner or safety. he played safety when deangelo hall and eric green were at VT, he switched to corner this year.
    Last edited by Rampage39; -12-31-2005 at 06:06 PM.

RamsFan16 Guest

Ya. Thats good because we know we can use him at two diffrent positions. You know what I mean. And why worry about a De this year we can just wait and see how Little and Hargrove do next year with a new DC. and DL coach. I think wait out on them.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    how many CBs in the draft are 6'3" 219lbs?
    The better question is how many CBs in the entire NFL are 6'3"? Answer: not many. Williams will probably move to safety at some point as a pro, ala Mike Rumph. That said, could we use him primarily as a FS and have him come up to cover someone in nickel or dime packages? Maybe. I think that's how we'd have to use him as a pro, because I'm not sure I like how he'd match up with smaller faster WRs.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

That would be even bettter

CB Butler
    FS Williams
    SS Carter
    CB Bartell

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    i much rather take mario williams if he was available. if we increase the pass rush it instantly makes our whole secondary better. butler does come back next year and he'll be better than any rookie db we select. you're right about finding a linebacker in the 2nd round in what seems to be a strong linebacker class.
    This is how I see it, though I seriously doubt Williams is available when we pick. I'm not sure why we'd want to "wait a year" to see how a D-line that has underachieved for four years does with a new coach, but not our CBs who have at least been competent when they're healthy.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think that if you want an immediate impact player on defense, your best bet is to take a LB.