throwback week

Country Guest

Multiple Rams Mock Draft

2007 Rams Mock Draft

Option I

This draft has been put together assuming that the Rams do not make a deal for DT Kris Jenkins. My guess is that the Denver Broncos will outbid the Rams for his services or that the Panthers will simply keep him.

1[13] DT Alan Branch* [Michigan]

Branch has the size [6’6” 330lbs.] and strength [31 reps] to play the NT position, where the Rams have a major weakness. Much has been made of Branch’s work ethic, but no one was asking these questions when they were watching him play in college.

2[52] DE Tim Crowder [Texas]

The Rams take a minor risk in the first with Branch, nut in the seond they grab a high effort guy in Crowder. Crowder has the size [6’4” 275lbs.] to become an every day end and the athletic ability to have an immediate pass rush impact.

3[84] S Josh Gattis [Wake Forest]

A hard hitting safety with great size [6’1” 213lbs.] and the ability to come up and stop the run.

4. RB Chris Henry [Arizona]

Henry is a compliment to Steven Jackson and could be described as a clone of Jackson. They have similar size [6’1” 240lbs.] and great speed not to mention the same hair cut. The combination of the two should be effective in wearing down opposing defenses.

5. OT Mike Otto [Purdue]

Otto is a hard worker that can come in at back up at both OG and OT.

6. LB Oscar Lua [USC]

Lua is undersized [6’ 240lbs.] and a little slow, but he is a hard nosed tackling machine that can immediately help on special teams.

7. Forfeited to Dolphins for P Donnie Jones

7. WR Mike Mason [Tennessee State]

Mason has great speed and the ability to come in and compete for the KR duties.

[img][/img]

7. C Kyle Cook [Michigan St.]

Cook is a multi year starter at a Big Ten school with good size and the ability to develop.

Country Guest

Re: Multiple Rams Mock Draft

Option II

This mock draft is compiled assuming that the Rams make a move for DT Kris Jenkins the trade is for 3[84] and TE Dom Byrd.

1[13] DE Jamaal Anderon* [Arkansas]

Anderson has great size [6’6” 268lbs.] to go with elite pass rush ability. He will provide a situational role before moving into the starting line up.

2[52] S Tanard Jackson [Syracuse]

Jackson is an interesting CB and S prospect that brings great cover ability and tackling, both things that the Rams secondary needs.

3. Traded

Henry is a compliment to Steven Jackson and could be described as a clone of Jackson. They have similar size [6’1” 240lbs.] and great speed not to mention the same hair cut. The combination of the two should be effective in wearing down opposing defenses.

5. OT Mike Otto [Purdue]

Otto is a hard worker that can come in at back up at both OG and OT.

6. LB Oscar Lua [USC]

Lua is undersized [6’ 240lbs.] and a little slow, but he is a hard nosed tackling machine that can immediately help on special teams.

7. WR Mike Mason [Tennessee State]

Mason has great speed and the ability to come in and compete for the KR duties.

[img][/img]

7. 7. C Kyle Cook [Michigan St.]

Cook is a multi year starter at a Big Ten school with good size and the ability to develop.

Country Guest

Option III

This is a third draft concept featuring some trades.

-Trade:: St. Louis trades 1[13] to Denver for 1[21] , 2[53] and 4[08].

1[21] DT Justin Harrell [Tennessee]

Harrell would have been a sure fire 1st round pick if he had not gotten injured. He has continued to climb up draft boards and has the size [6’4” 315lbs] to go with his strength [31 reps] to provide the run stuffing presence that the Rams need.

2[52] DE Quentin Moses [Georgia]

Moses had an absolutely terrible senior season, but he has the size and potential that make him an easy pick at 52. Perhaps with a reduced role, as a situational pass rusher, he can regain the form that he had his junior year.

2[53] OG Aaron Sears [Tennessee]

Sears has the ability to play OG and OT and will provide depth and possibly push Setterstrom for his starting role at LG.

3[84] S Josh Gattis [Wake Forest]

A hard hitting safety with great size [6’1” 213lbs.] and the ability to come up and stop the run.

5. LB Prescott Burgess [Michigan]

Burgess has cover ability and size [6’3” to play the SLB spot.

6. WR Yamon Figurs [Kansas State]

Figurs might not be here at this pick, but if he is he would add an immediate boost to the return game.

7. Walter Thomas [NW Mississippi State]

A mountain of a man [6’5” 370lbs.] but a major project.

7. C Kyle Cook [Michigan St.]

Last edited by Country; -04-16-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Country Guest

Choose which one you like and why?

I did not include a Tedd Ginn Jr. draft because I feel that taking a WR in the 1st round is ridiculously stupid and wasteful.

RamsNation Guest

I am glad to see someone else who feels the way i do about drafting Ginn, and I like the 3rd option best(Moses being the lone problem for me)because I feel Harrell is second on our Front office's list behind Okoye who won't be there.I don't know this, it is simply my guess given all the talk of drafting Ginn, Revis and others who Would give us "Trade down leverage" like we used last year with Cutler.
    Last edited by RamsNation; -04-16-2007 at 02:52 AM.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

What happens to our second fourth rounder in the third scenario?

I'm okay with No.2

1 is best, IMO.

keith m. klink Guest

actually , if any of those senarios happened , i would be fine with it , but i was wondering why you switched MOSES for CROWDER at the same #52 position . i would rather have CROWDER in the last draft also . i kinda like your thinking in all this . i know we don't agree much on things all the time , but you actually came up with some interesting drafting , and a well thought of group of senarios .