Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: My 2006 nfl draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    a tight end we could take is the guy from Tulsa (i'm not sure if he is a senior).
    The only problem being at 6'1" 230 lbs., he's not that big of a TE. He'd have to be a specialty player.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    All these kids are going to be much better after this years experience.
    Maybe, maybe not. The only name I see on that list that I feel comfortable with as a starter is Butler, and I'm not sure I even consider him a true top corner in this league. Furthermore, we don't know how well he's going to recover from his torn PCL.

Meanwhile, Fisher has been injured and hasn't played well, Ivy is not starting material, Bartell has shown flashes but would have to make some big strides to be a qualified starter in 2006 IMO, and Groce hasn't shown me much in the last two years.

If anything, it wouldn't hurt to bring in another CB so that we don't have to face a must-resign situation with Fisher or Groce.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Maybe, maybe not. The only name I see on that list that I feel comfortable with as a starter is Butler, and I'm not sure I even consider him a true top corner in this league. Furthermore, we don't know how well he's going to recover from his torn PCL.

Meanwhile, Fisher has been injured and hasn't played well, Ivy is not starting material, Bartell has shown flashes but would have to make some big strides to be a qualified starter in 2006 IMO, and Groce hasn't shown me much in the last two years.

If anything, it wouldn't hurt to bring in another CB so that we don't have to face a must-resign situation with Fisher or Groce.
    I think you're right that we're not great at the CB position, but its probably the deepest and most talented slot on the roster. I wouldn't pass on a top notch CB, but I'd draft a safety, linebacker, and DE first. The corners could be effective enough for the short run if the pass rush improved.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy
    I think you're right that we're not great at the CB position, but its probably the deepest and most talented slot on the roster.
    Well, I think that honor goes to the WR position, but when everyone is healthy, CB probably doesn't rank far behind in terms of having depth there.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Doh! I meant deepest on the offensive side of the ball. WR is obviously the best on the roster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12