GoRams1 Guest

My 6 Round MOCK DRAFT and FA

Hey guys, I'm new here. Here is my 6 round mock draft (we don't have a 7th round pick)
    Rams 6 rd mock--
    1. JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
    At 6'6" 292lbs Watt fits Spags DE mold and has a very high motor. Could be switched to DT as he was in the Ohio State game. Just as Justin Tuck did for Spags. James Hall is also 36 years old. His best days are behind him
    2. Jonathon Baldwin WR Pitt
    This is assuming we sign Sydney Rice or V-Jax in FA. (I will go over FA in a second). Baldwin is 6'5 220lbs with the ideal height and speed for a #1 receiver. He just needs a QB, and we have a very special one of those.
    3. John Moffit G Wisconsin
    He can take over for Bell in 2012. Moffit is 6'5 325lbs and can be our mean OG that we have been needing.
    4. Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State
    While Hunter lacks ideal size for a RB, he can be a franchise RB steal. Hell of a RB at OK State and can definitely become a franchise RB.
    5. James Rodgers ATH Oregon State
    Change of pace guy and great return man. This guy can be like Dexter McCluster.
    6. Tank Carder OLB TCU
    If he is not here, Bruce Carter from Fresno State fits.
    FREE AGENCY
    Make Logan Mankins the top priority and make sure you sign him. After that sign Sydney Rice or Vincent Jackson.

What do you guys think?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: My 6 Round MOCK DRAFT and FA

Mankins and Jackson/Rice in Free Agency ooo that aot of dough, but maybe Kroenke want to make a splash, but I doubt the Rams want to add yet another 35 million+ plus dollar line to the most expensive line in the NFL.

JJ Watt I don't know about that I think it is a bit of a reach at 14 and even though I think Spags is a better coach than Linnehan Watt looks like Adam Carriker to me in a 4-3 at 6'6 290 I don't think he can play RE where James hall plays. Besides that not alot of beef with the rest of the draft

BarronWade is offline Registered User

im sorry bro im not a fan of it.

I highly doubt we can afford mankins and a big money WR.

Spags is not the type of coach that reaches for players in the draft. Right now i would not consider watt a first rounder at all. If you want a Justin Tuck like player why cant we just draft Allen Bailey from Miami.

2 reasons why Baldwin wont work here. #1 he is a projected 1st rounder with great physical tools he wont slip to the middle of the 2nd (maybe early 2nd thou). The other is what is the point in getting Jackson or RIce then getting Baldwin cuz avery/clayton will be #2 so Baldwin will likely be 5th behind danny amendola and a "healthy" Danario.

Honestly i dont know much about this moffit guy but i think we have greater needs like safety to address before we can address a future starter that will take over for a solid blocker.

I hate discriminating the size but the Billy D/ spags regime has emphasized getting bigger more physical but you never know the giants look good with bradshaw.

Spags likes drafting for depth at the end of drafts and i dont think we will draft a a returner when we have Danny boy and marty gilliard on the roster.

i guess the last guy is good.

GoRams1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Spags is not the type of coach that reaches for players in the draft. Right now i would not consider watt a first rounder at all. If you want a Justin Tuck like player why cant we just draft Allen Bailey from Miami.
    Because Allan Bailey will be long gone by then

BarronWade is offline Registered User

dude were picking in the top 15 allen bailey is a mid-late round 1st rounder.

GoRams1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    dude were picking in the top 15 allen bailey is a mid-late round 1st rounder.
    Not in McShay's mock

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by GoRams1 View Post
    Not in McShay's mock
    Never EVER listen to anything that Todd McShay says. EVER!

I feel like Mankins would be a substantial addition to our OL, but I can't see us ploughing big dollars into the OG position. I expect us to select an OG in rounds 3-4.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -01-04-2011 at 08:04 PM.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I like Mofitt, he's a blue-collar blocker like Greco, but with better size and ability. Not a big fan of the Round 1 pick. If we're going defense, better to go with Bruce Carter or Travis Lewis. Hell, maybe even Prince Akamura if he drops.

All the other picks are good.

tmbkb8 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Never EVER listen to anything that Todd McShay says. EVER!

THANK YOU!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Welcome to the board! I know how difficult it can be to try and project a multi-round team draft at this time of year, so I appreciate the effort. Unfortunately, I'm also not overly thrilled with the projection.

Drafting J.J. Watt to shift back and forth between DE and DT just sounds like we'd be repeating the mistake of Adam Carriker. I'm not a Jon Baldwin fan, even if he represents good value in the second round. I question whether he has the speed or route running skills to separate at the next level; he really didn't get as much separation at the college level as you'd like to see. Plus, there are some character concerns there IMO. The other picks are fine.

As for free agency, I think you're pretty optimistic if you think this team can pull in both Mankins and one of the elite receivers that are scheduled to hit the market. With big contracts at RT, C, and LG, and another one eventually to come to Saffold if he keeps progressing at left tackle, I'm not sure the Rams can afford to sink more big money into another OL.