throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tony Banks Guest

Re: My Analysis of the Rams' Day 1

It seems to me that the Rams are addressing their needs, even if they're taking a few chances. The whole draft is a crapshoot. Remember Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson? So far they've gone after O-line help, defensive secondary, and depth for TE. To get Barron when they did is great. He may be a little passive, but I don't think he's going to say our coach is 33rd best in the league like our former RT. Not to mention the team has said several of these defesive picks should play special teams too.

Tony Banks Guest

Incongnito, if healthy, sounds like he's got a nasty attitude. Maybe a guy who's not afraid to fight is something the Rams could use.

Scidog68 Guest

I just don't get it. Up until the day before the draft, most boards had Barron listed as the top tackle available. He goes after Brown and all of a sudden he's crap and a poor pick? Nobody really wanted him; it was all a bluff. What?!?!? So all the draft gurus and prognosticators were full of **** and in on the great deception? Gimme a break! Some out there were high on Brown and got their feelings hurt or something when we got scooped. Deal. Martz & Co. did. All the scouting reports listed his ups and downs from the beginning. Did some people not read all the way through until after the draft began?
    If the folks who are down on Barron know something that no one else does, please share. He's the same player he was at the combine when he was rated so high, so what's changed? The Rams made a great pick, filling a need with a great talent. How many college draftees aren't projects, to some extent? Barron will be a great fit and a great contributor. Maybe his lack of intensity in college means he's a late bloomer and has yet to perform at his peak.
    Ya' know, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers or piss anyone off, but how can attitudes about a player change so drastically after he's taken, yet before he contributes. Wait to see his performance before you dismiss him. The FO knows better than all of us. That's why they are paid to do this and we are not. This is my opinion and nothing else.

woodyramfan1 Guest

Thumbs up Re: My Analysis of the Rams' Day 1

Am I missing something? It looks to me we drafted the best players to fit our needs at our spot in the draft. It looks to me as though some of you guys seem to think we had the first 10 picks in the draft. Our first pick was No. 19 and we got either the best or second best OT in the draft and that is not good?????? HUH?:ramlogo:

Tony Soprano Guest

Prognosticators and NFL GM's are two different things.

Seems NFL Personnel offices were never that high on Barron.

Incognito makes this draft. He's a football player !

theodus69 Guest

T.Banks, Where you been man? You still got Felony? When I was in Stl. back in 99, the owner of the bar I was at said the crowd ran you out the last time you were there! tough crowd AY? LOL

Tony Soprano Guest

I posted 90 minutes BEFORE the Rams took Barron the concerns the NFL personnel evaluators had over Barron.

So, my concerns were BEFORE the Rams selected him.

I like the HOWARD CB and hoped the Rams would draft him (2nd was a surprise).

I love Incognito as a player.

None of these guys are locks. It's not an exact science. Damoine Lewis (#92) was a lock for rookie of the year until the season started. Joe Theismann predicted he would be a 10 year straight Pro-Bowler.

The second chapter of the book has yet to be written on any of these guys.
    Let's see what happens.

theodus69 Guest

Right you are Tony S. We shall see!

Scidog68 Guest

Agreed! Crapshoot day has come and all true betting has begun. We got who we got, let's hope they all pan out and live up to expectations.

coy bacon Guest

I think we did fine in the draft. I'd give them a B, or B+. I think this was one of our FO's better drafting efforts. And, I think they still have a few tricks up their sleeve in terms of a trade or free agent addition. Kudos to the FO this time around.

I also see that the Seattle Seahawks are having fits about their draft picks. Good. :-)

rampete Guest

alex barron is a solid pass blocker but a wuss at run blocking...? hmm...and here i was thinking that he was perfect...at pick #19, we should accept no less...should we?

well, it's more than likely that barron will have to work on his tenacity and consistency in the run game, being as that martz do run the ball occasionally...most encouraging is that young players do quite often improve with experience, strength training and maturation...

the big question to me is not whether the player drafted is a world-beater now because rarely will any rookie be one, but does he have the moxy to progress into one in the near future...

woodyramfan1 Guest

All I can say Ram Fans is who else in the draft that we were able to get would you have liked to have?:ramlogo:

woodyramfan1 Guest

All I can say Ram Fans is who else in the draft that we were able to get would you have liked to have?:ramlogo:

psycho9985 Guest

We kicked ass,we took names,and now its time to prove it.:ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    We kicked ass,we took names,and now its time to prove it.:
    hold tight psycho.... we have a few months to go before we can prove anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast