Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

My case for Michael Crabtree...

Receivers like this phenom do not come by often. He reminds me of the best receiver in the league right now in Larry Fitzgerald....

what do you guys think if the Rams drafted him

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Re: My case for Michael Crabtree...

I have a 5 or 6 paragraph txt I typed out yesterday outlining my case for him or the best WR in the draft. But keep getting an error when I submit it. I've e-mailed Dez about it, and hopefully I'll find a way to get it submitted. It was for the Draft Scenarios thread.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    I have a 5 or 6 paragraph txt I typed out yesterday outlining my case for him or the best WR in the draft. But keep getting an error when I submit it. I've e-mailed Dez about it, and hopefully I'll find a way to get it submitted. It was for the Draft Scenarios thread.
    Sometimes that happens to me, and through trial and error I've discovered that at some point, something you've written gives the board fits. You can generally find out what that is by copying and pasting sections into the Message Box and previewing them one at a time to see if they show up. Once you paste a section in and get the error, you know what section you need to delete and rewrite. Give it a shot and see if it works. It has for me at times in the past.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Here's the the counter argument Calvin Johnson on the Detroit Lions.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Crabtree is going to be a beast in the NFL, but he would struggle in STL without protection for Bulger. The O line has to be a top priority. We need road graters worse than road runners this year.

LARAM is offline Registered User

I'd like to use Crabtree as bait....trade down in top ten and get a 2nd rounder 3rd or 4th, 1st rounder in 2010......then assess whats left.......then maybe trade down another5-8 picks leaving us somewhere in the pick# 15-20, with maybe another late 2nd, 3rd or even a 4th coming to us......basically pick up 4 or 5 extra picks, and our first pick around #20.

Then turn it into something like this:

Any one of these players if they were left over at the #20 pick

Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
    Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma
    Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

Just assuming we manage only one extra pick in the 2nd Rd., obtained in a trade, as well as our #34 pick I'd be happy with two of any of the following:

Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon
    Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
    Herman Johnson, G, LSU
    Alex Mack, C, California
    Clint Sintim, DE/OLB, Virginia
    Eben Britton, OT, Arizona
    D.J. Moore, CB, Vandy.......might have to give up on Tye Hill

Then hoping we could manage two to three more picks through the 3rd and 4th, there could be some great talent left to pick

Just my thoughts, not really putting to much thought into it. It's still kind of early

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Lol when i saw the title my first thought was two words, Larry Fitzgerald.

As much as I would LOVE to have this guy and pair him with Donnie and Burton, I just can't justify taking a wide receiver in front of an O lineman or a defensive player. But man it's gonna suck when Crabtree is a HOF and looking back at the 09 Draft and wondering what could have been. Dang I'm so torn....

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

And LA RAM I do like your thinking of using him as trade bait, especially if it keeps him away from the Seahags or Whiners.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Here's my argument for Crabtree.

(Oh, wait, where did it go?)

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Whenever I see or read about Crabtree, I can't help but think of Micheal Westbrook. And though I am sure there are character differences, I do beleive they are very similar in the measureables. Even the speed.

I just don't want to see the Rams taking a WR this early. Not even in the first half of the draft. There seems to be so many other issues that scream for attention.

I like the idea of trading down, but with todays rookie salaries what they are for top five draft picks, I just can not see any team giving up a great deal of picks. Maybe a 2 and 4 for a 5-6 position jump.
    Semper Fi!

LARAM is offline Registered User

C-Mob 71

--------------------------------------------------------------------------"And LA RAM I do like your thinking of using him as trade bait, especially if it keeps him away from the Seahags or Whiners".

Unfortunately, The squawks and ***** are probably the top two teams that would even want to make deal for him, maybe Oakland or Cinncy. This could actually get real interesting in the final days leading up to the draft. If the squawks or ****** want him bad enough, we could really rape them for extra draft picks

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    ...maybe Oakland or Cinncy. This could actually get real interesting in the final days leading up to the draft...
    I agree it could get real interesting up to the draft, similiar to last years draft with Dorsey, Chris Long, and Vernon Gholston. (Look who's shown to be the better pick, so far ) I think with Cincy's relationship with Chad, and If I'm not mistaken Housh is going to hit free agency, They might want to move up for Crabtree.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I believe there will be some kind of steal at wide receiver in a later round. I'm sure there willl be.

Here is the thing, we NEED to fix the offensive line. If we can sign Jordan Gross and sign Mack/Unger in the second round, I am all for it. Unfortunately, I don't see this scenario playing out and we will end up getting an OT or MLB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Weddle is offline Registered User

I always like the idea of trading down when rebuilding, but, we really need to find Pace's replacement and fix the O-Line as Barron just isn't working out.

An article on Seahawknationblog stated:

"If not taken for granted, I think the idea of having a hall-of-fame caliber left tackle has become something of a novelty for Seahawks fans, almost a cliché.

Even if I’m totally off-base, I’ll note that HOF tackles, unlike almost any other position, are nearly impossible to come by in later rounds, or even later in the first round.

The three best tackles of the last 10 years, in my opinion at least, are Jones, Orlando Pace, and Jonathan Ogden, in no particular order. None of the three were drafted outside of the top six.

There are very few notable total busts among tackles taken early, with perhaps Robert Gallery, Tony Mandarich, and Mike Williams as the poster boys. Those guys’ drafts span 15 years."

I agree and think that Smith, Munroe or Oher offers the safest value for us @1.2

richtree is offline Registered User

My case for Kenny Britt

he can be just as good as CrabTree

Firstly, let me say that Crabtree is a better player right now than Britt before I make my agrument

Secondly, Britt is definately the second best reciever in the draft

He is stronger than Crabtree -- watch reps at combine bench 405 this week
    He is faster than Crabtree -- watch 40 time (4.4 out in camp in arizona now)
    He is in the mold of A. Boldin all five abilities needed to be successful NFL Reciever

1. Fast -- will be top 3 in speed of all recievers
    2. Size -- 6ft 4in just as big as Crabtree (seems Crabtree has longer arms) better vertical jump as well
    3. Catch -- can catch over the middle and can take a hit and make the grab
    4. Block -- Played in more "pro" type offense where blocking is important
    5. Tough -- Teel wasn't great QB in run type offensive carried RU to bowl win

If you guys don't know most of the big college players are in camp now working out

I personally know Britt and he is blowing everyone out of the water

I have been lobbying for the Rams to use their 2nd round pick on him and that makes him even more valuable because we can take a Lineman in round 1

After talking to him it seems like the Eagles are very interested as well as raiders and Titans so it doesn't look like he will make round 2

Crabtree isn't that strong and is much more shifty but he isn't big enough to be a plaxico burress type and not fast/strong enough to be fitzgerald type...

actually britts body is more like fitzgerald's than crabtree's

Finally, Calvin Johnson is one of the best WR in the game and he couldn't help the bad team and A rookie Crabtree probably wouldn't even start with Avery and Holt

So its all a big no...especially when we lose a franchise OL or LB in the top 3 pick of round 1

peace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast