Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LongBlood is offline Registered User

Re: My case for Michael Crabtree...

Well like I've always said...right now its too soon to judge. But I'm definitely with the best player available mind of thinking, and because of such, view the need as WR for re-building the best way to go. OL make an immediate impact, and with this being a two yr project we can wait till next yr to go OL in the first round. The reason why I wanted OL/DL last year was because there wasn't no clear "special" player. McFadden had the hype, but with S. Jackson it simply was viable. In retrospect last yr QB would have been the way to go, but with Bulger's deal that wouldn't have been too good. Getting an OL this yr will make an immediate impact, but this won't be a team in Super Bowl contention. We go WR at pick 2, OL round 2, LB round 3, then next yr go OL/LB/SS while giving this years picks a yr to develop we might not have as good of a yr this year, but the following year we should OWN the NFC West!

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Just to be facetious, I don't quite consider going to the Super Bowl struggling
    Fair enough, but that's why I said they "struggled" rather than "are struggling." I mean, Arizona's had Fitzgerald and Boldin for years and their offense did nothing for most of that time.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    Fair enough, but that's why I said they "struggled" rather than "are struggling." I mean, Arizona's had Fitzgerald and Boldin for years and their offense did nothing for most of that time.
    And I'll interject myself here and say it takes WR's 2-3 yrs to develop typically. OL can be completely fixed with OL 2nd round and 1st round next yr...but I do want Taylor Mays next yr, so shore it up in free agency. Get a WR that develops at the same time as Avery, n we'll be good for a decade.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Receivers like this phenom do not come by often. He reminds me of the best receiver in the league right now in Larry Fitzgerald....

what do you guys think if the Rams drafted him
    I wrote a long message about this and got blasted by the board for saying that we should draft this guy, almost everyone is sold that we should go with Smith. I say we sign a proven player ex. Jordan Gross in FA and then draft Crabtree.

Mel's current board has him going to the Seahags at #4 if we do not draft him, guys this guy has greatness literally dripping off of him, and whether you realize it or not we DO NOT want to have to face both he and fitz 2x a year. With this draft we set up our future & hurt a division rival at the same time.

Coach saw how much having a prime time threat at WR on the outside effects your offense. I think he will want to have that same dynamic in St. Louis!

Draft Crabtree, you'll thank me in 2 years!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123