Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

My current Draft without Holt and with Butler

Here would be my ideal draft as it stands right now with Butler and Pace and without Holt.

Draft
    Rd Player
    1. Aaron Curry MLB 6'3 250
    2. Ron Brace NT 6'3 325
    3. Fenuki Tupou OT 6'6 325
    4. Ramses Barden WR 6'6 229
    5. Domonique Johnson CB 6'2 200 4.4 40
    6. Josh Mauga MLB 6'2 245
    7. Quinn Johnson FB 6'1 265
    UFA Sean Sester OT 6'8 325 (Good when healthy 4 year starter at Purdue)
    UFA Alex Boone OT 6'7 328 (Not 4 pillar off field alcohol issues thats why he will be UFA. IMO still worth a look as UFA. 3 year LT starter and last year projected 2nd or 3rd round before problems)

Defense
    DE - Long 6'3 265
    DT - Brace 6'3 325
    DT - Carriker 6'6 310
    DE - Little 6'3 265

LB - Pisa 6'1 230 / Curry 6'3 250 /C. Draft
    MLB - Curry 6'3 250 / Mauga 6'2 245 (If he starts Curry moves OLB)
    LB - Witherspoon 6'1 240

CB - Bartell 6'1 210
    CB - Hill 5'10 185 / King 5'11 195 / Johnson 6'2 200 4.4

FS - Atogwe 5'11 210
    SS - Butler 6'3 215

Offense
    QB - Bulger 6'3 205
    RB - Jackson 6'2 235
    FB - Johnson 6'1 265
    TE - McMichael 6'3 255

WR - Avery 5'11 185
    WR - Burton 6'1 200 / Ramses Barden 6'6 229 / Stanley 5'11 180

LT - Pace 6'7 325 / Tupou 6'6 325
    LG - Bell 6'4 295 / Greco 6'4 315
    C - Brown 6'3 320
    RG - Incognito 6'3 320 / Greco 6'4 315
    RT - Barron 6'7 315 / Boone 6'7 328 / Sester 6'8 325
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-03-2009 at 11:22 PM.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: My current Draft without Holt and with Butler

I dont think the Rams will go after Dominique Johnson or Boone cuz i thought Spags made it clear its all about teamwork not egos. So he wants people with good character and good work ethic.

Also no matter what we are taking a QB in rounds 3-5 no matter what. Cuz we are not pursuing any QB in FA.

Im not a fan of Curry i rather take Jason Smith

Brace is a pik i think almost everyone agrees with

I just dont see the point in the 3rd round to take an OT. didn't we do the same exact thing last year and we still have a problem. So i think OT in 1st. IMO i think if Josh Freeman is already taken we go Paul Krunger DE. Or maybe Jarron Gilbert DE. however i dont feel like any of them will be there. So i think we should get Rashad Jennings RB here he will compliment Action Jackson.

I dont know why people think Barden will still be here. well im not going to argue about it anymore. But if he isnt there i say go for our QB here. Like Nate Davis or Rhett Bomar.

I think we should go Scott McKillop here but if he is taken we should go with your pick

Quinn Johnson will go in the 6th.
    Last edited by BarronWade; -03-03-2009 at 11:18 PM.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

I think Gerco will start over Cogs at RG, at least thats my hope

codeman123 is offline Registered User

i think if round 5 is just replaced by a qb then its a good draft and its more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I dont think the Rams will go after Dominique Johnson or Boone cuz i thought Spags made it clear its all about teamwork not egos. So he wants people with good character and good work ethic.

Also no matter what we are taking a QB in rounds 3-5 no matter what. Cuz we are not pursuing any QB in FA.
    Thats you opinion and your enititled to it.

Boone would be worth looking at to see if he can become a model citizen. His problem was not work ethic as much as alchol problems. IMO when you have a young kid that you can bring into camp as an UFA league minimum that at one time projected 2-3 rd pick you do it and judge for your self. I don't see Spags cutting Little who has had alcohol problems. Johnsons work ethic has been questioned but at 6'2 200 and with a fastest time in the 40 of 4.37 he is worth a mid round pick. I would rather take a kid with good potential. Then a kid that worked his butt off but had no speed, height, jumping ability, or talent. IMO we will not take a QB in the first three rounds and should not take one this year. I would rather fill areas of need then have a guy set and hold the clipboard all year. We need players every where. I would rather take a QB next year when we should have fewer holes to fill.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-04-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Im not a fan of Curry i rather take Jason Smith

Brace is a pik i think almost everyone agrees with

I just dont see the point in the 3rd round to take an OT. didn't we do the same exact thing last year and we still have a problem. So i think OT in 1st. IMO i think if Josh Freeman is already taken we go Paul Krunger DE. Or maybe Jarron Gilbert DE. however i dont feel like any of them will be there. So i think we should get Rashad Jennings RB here he will compliment Action Jackson.

I dont know why people think Barden will still be here. well im not going to argue about it anymore. But if he isnt there i say go for our QB here. Like Nate Davis or Rhett Bomar.

I think we should go Scott McKillop here but if he is taken we should go with your pick

Quinn Johnson will go in the 6th.
    All I have to say is I am glad your not drafting for us that sounds like a butchered draft. Backup players at RB(Jacksons), DE(Littles), and QB(Bulger) when we dont even have good starters at other positions. If we kept Pace like I said why go OT 1st round? That would be the 4th possible backup you drafted. Unless he beat out Barron which could happen but I wouldn't see him being that much better then Barron in his first year. There are going to be decent OTs that don't even get drafted this year. Thats why I added Sester 6'8 325 and Boone 6'7 328 as UFA along with Tupou 6'6 325 in 3rd. Thats three OTs we could bring in along with keeping Pace and Barron. Then you could see how they all do along with the possiblity of Greco at RT if they decide to use him there instead of Guard.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-03-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    All I have to say is I am glad your not drafting for us that sounds like a butchered draft. Backup players at RB(Jacksons), DE(Littles), and QB(Bulger) when we dont even have good starters at other positions. If we kept Pace like I said why go OT 1st round? That would be the 4th possible backup you drafted. Unless he beat out Barron which could happen but I wouldn't see him being that much better then Barron in his first year. There are going to be decent OTs that don't even get drafted this year. Thats why I added Sester 6'8 325 and Boone 6'7 328 as UFA along with Tupou 6'6 325 in 3rd. Thats three OTs we could bring in along with keeping Pace and Barron. Then you could see how they all do along with the possiblity of Greco at RT if they decide to use him there instead of Guard.
    Well listen we should try to fill holes before they appear. We know little and Pace are not going to be there for long. So if we take a Jason Smith he can be mentored by Pace an then he could be the cornerstone of our OL in the future.

Little's age is not the only reason we should take a rookie back-up itz cuz of spags. Do you know how the Giants worked there DL? They used there substitutions. And if you have any knowledge of the Giants defense there DL got presure on the QB which made there LBs look better. Also there LBs made there DL better by lineing up in a blitz package then droping into a zone.

I just dont see your reasoning behind not drafting a QB. We are not going after a QB in FA. So we need a backup in the draft. And by the way your draft looks Bulger will be sacked alot from the outsides with Barron still starting and Pace aging. If Bulger gets sacked he gets hurt which causes him to get injured and we need a back up.

We could probably get the CoP later on in the draft but in the position that we would be in a RB like Rashad Jennings would be the best value. Action Jackson is a workhorse. We are using him so much and not realizing that he is human too. He needs a rest at times. Since this team revolves around the run we should get Jennings here. Action Jackson missed significant time the last two seasons. However if we put our faith in Brian Leonard (not a good idea) than we go CB here with Mike Mickens or MLB like Darry Beckwith (beastly really sold me on him)

U can name all three of those big OTs (Tupou, Boone and Sester) but you know as well as i do that all of then wont make the team right?

The reason i am not too concerned about the WR position is because the Eagles (pat shurmur's old team) did it without that great WR after TO left.

One more thing you need to give rookies time to develop ever if Smith doesn't do good his first season give him time to adjust.

Also i got a question for you. If you are not concerned about the back-ups what will the Rams do when an injury happens to Jackson or Bulger who have been injury prone with the current outside OL set?

Also i got a question for you. If you are not concerned about the back-ups what will the Rams do when an injury happens to Jackson or Bulger who have been injury prone with the current outside OL set?
    Since you asked a question I will answer it. I would love to have good backups for Bulger and Jackson. But we are not a team right now that has good starters. Until we have good starters I am not about to try to fill backup roles to players that are good starters. When you have as many bad starters as we have we need to try to fill the starting positions before the backup positions.

Lets reverse your scenario what will the Rams do with the backups if Bulger and Jackson don't get injured this year? Bulgers back up wont see the field at all and Jacksons would be lucky to see 5 carries a game which we could possibly get from one of the guys we had last year or a FB. I would rather draft players at areas of need that have the opportunity to start sooner rather then later.

As for the rest of your post I disagree with just about all of it. So instead of pointing out our differences throughout your post mostly the beginning, middle, and end I will just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-04-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I hope the Rams don't draft Ron Brace DT. He had a poor Senior Bowl and a bad Combine. At the combine he ran a 5.50 , 40. . OK he did do good with the bench press, big deal. At combine they said he was stiff.

I hope Rams draft Evander "ZIGGY" Hood Height: 6-3. Weight: 300. and ran a 4.80 , 40. He is athletic and can move for a big man .
    Don't waste a draft pick on a fullback ! ! ! You can get several good ones as undrafted freeagents. The FB position is not used on many teams.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

HEY RamsSB99

I KNOW EVERYBODY HAS THERE own opinion, so here's mine.
    The Rams have so many needs it is pitifull. With so few picks the Rams have to take into consideration not only need but the best available player regardless of position.

Round 1: OT Jason Smith or OT Eugene Monroe whoever the Rams feel is better to fit there system.
    Round 2: DT Evander "ZIGGY" Hood , DE Michael Johnson or MLB James Laurinaitis if one falls to our spot.

Round 3: WR Brian Robiski with Holt gone WR is also a major need .
    Round 4: MLB Jasper Brinkley(depends on 2nd pick)
    Round 5: QB Tom Brandstater
    Round 6: OT Alex Boone (He won't fall to undrafted freeagent)
    Round 7: DT Antonio Dixon

If Rams lose Cogs Extra 3rd : CB Kevin Barnes
    If Rams lose V. Adeyanju Extra 4th : DE Kyle Moore(depends on 2nd pick)

Remember Defence Builds Championships

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Since you asked a question I will answer it. I would love to have good backups for Bulger and Jackson. But we are not a team right now that has good starters. Until we have good starters I am not about to try to fill backup roles to players that are good starters. When you have as many bad starters as we have we need to try to fill the starting positions before the backup positions.

Lets reverse your scenario what will the Rams do with the backups if Bulger and Jackson don't get injured this year? Bulgers back up wont see the field at all and Jacksons would be lucky to see 5 carries a game which we could possibly get from one of the guys we had last year or a FB. I would rather draft players at areas of need that have the opportunity to start sooner rather then later.

As for the rest of your post I disagree with just about all of it. So instead of pointing out our differences throughout your post mostly the beginning, middle, and end I will just agree to disagree.
    I agree that we "agree to disagree" nice statement. U deserve some rep for that.

I only think we have 4 holes at starter. the Mike and Sam linebackers. NT. And RT (Barron just doesnt cut it). I feel we can get one LB in the draft somewhere. Ron Brace at NT( we actually agree with this one). IMO i want the best OT in the draft so we do not have to worry about it for a while. Then when Pace leaves we dont have to spend another 1st rounder down the road for an OT.

This is the way i see it get Brinkley or Scott McKillop in the mid rounds. Then let Spags work his defensive genious on the SAM spot. and hey maybe Quinn Culberson can develop. I put my trust in Spags.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    Round 6: OT Alex Boone (He won't fall to undrafted freeagent)
    The guy was considered to go in the first three rounds before this year. But he has got into trouble a few times and they were projecting him as a 7th round or UFA before his latest incident. He has a lot of talent on the football field unfortunanetly he has just as much talent in drinking beer. I think he needs rehab for alchol abuse. He would be worth bringing in as a UFA and see if he cant stay off the beer. First sign of him drinking and he is gone. Here is an article about his latest incident. My guess is it would be after day one that he started drinking again but the talent would be worth a look.
    Ohio State's Alex Boone arrested for drunken incident, says he'll seek treatment while preparing for NFL draft

by Doug Lesmerises/Plain Dealer Reporter
    Monday February 02, 2009, 10:43 PM

COLUMBUS -- Alex Boone was stressed about his falling stock for the NFL Draft, his mother, Amy, said Monday night. He was working out in the Los Angeles area, aware that how he prepared and performed over the next several months would affect the rest of his life.
    He only hurt his cause.
    Boone, the former All-Big Ten tackle at Ohio State and star at St. Edward, was arrested late Sunday night in Aliso Viejo, Calif., after a drunken outburst in which police allege the 6-foot-8, 312-pounder was jumping up and down on the hoods of cars, attempted to smash the window of a tow truck and then fled police and had to be tasered twice in order to be subdued.
    It was Boone's second alcohol-related arrest, following a drunk driving conviction that followed a car accident in April of 2006, after which Boone told The Plain Dealer he was done drinking.
    "We love and support him. He is our heart and soul, and our plan is to help him with this problem," Amy Boone said Monday night from her home in Lakewood. "This is obviously a problem. He had it in the past and it has reared its ugly head again."

Boone, 21, plans to face his alcohol problems with treatment. He relayed a message through his mother late Monday night, after he was released from police custody.
    "I made a major mistake by having way too much to drink last night and I deeply regret the trouble I caused for all concerned. I am not proud of my actions and I recognize that my behavior is inexcusable.
    "To better address these personal issues, I have decided to seek professional treatment to deal with these issues head on."
    Amy Boone said Alex won't be entering a treatment facility but, with the help of his agent, plans to regularly meet with counselors in Los Angeles while continuing to work out for the NFL Combine, which begins in 15 days.
    He can't undo what will be a mark against him in the minds of NFL teams.
    "The fact that this is a second incident of this type really makes it a double whammy," said Tony Pauline, a draft analyst for Sports Illustrated. "With the new NFL regulations, you use a draft pick on a guy and he does something stupid like this, he's going to get suspended."
    Projected to be picked somewhere in the first three rounds a year ago, Boone's stock fell after he returned to Ohio State for his senior season. Pauline said he had Boone as a seventh-rounder or free agent before these charges, though the combine presents Boone with a chance to help himself.
    On Sunday night, Amy Boone said Alex was at his apartment after attending a Super Bowl party when the incident began after a car at his apartment complex was being towed. Police responded to a report of a man jumping on cars, and spokesman Jim Amormino of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said Boone was apprehended while hiding on a patio with a blood alcohol three times California's legal limit of .08, though Boone was not attempting to drive.
    Amormino said Boone was shouting obscenities and resisting arrest and continued his belligerence during booking and as he was given medical care. A police report was not yet available, but Amormino said Boone was held on resisting arrest and could face additional charges.
    "He's hurting because he knows how disappointed people will be in him," Amy Boone said, "and how many people he let down."

Now I dont know that his could be true but he told this to the Dayton Daily News:
    Boone, a sophomore starter and former Parade All-American, said he was routinely downing 30 to 40 beers per day, a pattern of bingeing that began in high school and escalated when he arrived at OSU.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-05-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Ramer is offline Registered User

That does look like a pretty good defense.

I KNOW EVERYBODY HAS THERE own opinion, so here's mine.
    The Rams have so many needs it is pitifull. With so few picks the Rams have to take into consideration not only need but the best available player regardless of position.

Round 1: OT Jason Smith or OT Eugene Monroe whoever the Rams feel is better to fit there system.
    Round 2: DT Evander "ZIGGY" Hood , DE Michael Johnson or MLB James Laurinaitis if one falls to our spot.
    I would not be disapointed with J. Smith although I prefer Curry. I don't like us taking Hood or Johnson. Hood could be a decent player but not a NT. I think Johnson could turn out to be a bust he is an athletic DE but that don't always translate to the field. He's tall, not that strong, and was not very productive in college. I attached his scouting report below. If we draft a DT I want it to be a NT or a guy that projects as a possible NT (Prefer: Brace or bigger risk in later rounds Hill). I do like Laurinatis a lot and would be satisfied with that pick in the second as well if we don't take Curry round 1.

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
    Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

Even though Michael Johnson missed part of the 2007 season and even though he is a little undersized for a defensive end, Johnson graded out as a third round selection had he opted to head to the NFL last season. At 6-6 he has the frame to add more weight, but he has been doing perfectly fine hovering around the 250 to 260 pound range. Few ends can match Johnson's speed and athleticism, but he has to start producing at the college level if he wants to remain a first round prospect.
    Through three games in the 2008 season, Johnson has only tallied 0.5 sacks and 1.5 tackles-for-loss for Georgia Tech. In 2007 he had four sacks, blocked two kicks and forced three fumbles -- that was in limited action. He is certainly an end (or an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense) who can make the big play, but he needs to find some consistency this season.
    It is unlikely that Johnson will find too many headlines with the Yellow Jackets in 2008. All the headlines are talking about the new triple-option offense that Coach Paul Johnson has brought to Atlanta. He may fly under the radar for now, but Johnson has too much athletic ability to slide under the radar of the NFL.
    11/24 Update: Johnson finally started to show his stuff this season. Through 11 games he has 6.0 sacks and 13.0 tackles-for-loss. Both of those are team highs. His production through October and November has been solid and that should help keep Johnson in the top ten of the NFL Draft. Johnson's versatility is also a big plus. In addition to his sacks, he has picked off a pass, broken up six passes and defended seven passes. 2/11 Update: Johnson's draft stock is dropping as fast as, well stocks. Once considered a top ten pick, Johnson is now teetering between the first and second round. He skipped out on the Senior Bowl to prepare for the NFL Combine, which might not be a bad move for him. His athleticism will shine in Indianapolis and that should be enough to at least keep him in the first round.

From NFL.com
    Combine

Overview
    Blessed with rare size, long arms and the burst off the snap to generate an instant pass rush off the edge, Johnson has exciting potential. To this point, however, that's mostly what Johnson has been -- potential. He garnered first-team All-ACC honors as a senior with 17.5 TFL and nine sacks but his play was spotty. A lot of his numbers were amassed against poor competition. Johnson might have a future as a pass-rushing linebacker in the 3-4 scheme so he can use his length and agility in coverage.

Remember Defence Builds Championships
    Thats funny because if you are telling me to remember then maybe I should remind you. 4 of my 7 draft picks went to defense compared to 3 of 7 for you. I actually drafted more defensive players then you.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-05-2009 at 10:01 PM.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I don't there is a future LT, here. I see 4 RT's and an aging Pace. Do you really think undrafted guys will be sufficient depth behind Barron, who maybe shouldn't be starting. Also spoon and Pisa are probably at there best on the weakside IMO its gotta be one or the other

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast