Thread: My dream draft

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

My dream draft

Round 1 Suh DT- Unless TB pulls out a good offer four our first pick then Suh is the obvious #1

Round 2 Weatherspoon OLB- Great size, good speed, and i love his attitude. I would like our defense to do alot more talking across the line, my hope is to turn him into a joey porter type.

Round 3 Dan Lefevour QB- Arm strength, mobility, smarts, this guy has it all. From reports from the senior bowl he seems to be adjusting to taking snaps under center well, this guy will be great for us.

Round 4 Dexter McCluster RB- Change of pace back take pressure off of SJAX, the man is a real playmaker and will bring a quick strike ability to our offense.

Round 5 John Jerry OG- Good size, great strength, will take the place of incognito in due time.

Round 5 Andrew Quarless TE- We might strike gold with this pick, he showed talent in the east west shrine game and could possibly be a very good TE

Round 6 Chris Hawkins CB- We need more depth at corner, we really run thin at times.

Round 7 Alex Daniels DE- Rotational player

Round 7- Reed Williams LB- Rotational Depth

Before you comment this draft assumes that we pick up some people in free agency. Like a RT and a DE, heres to hoping.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: My dream draft

I like it, seems to be optimistic about who will be available... but then again, aren't most mocks?

The Weatherspoon pick is a popular one. I can't say I disagree because I haven't seen him play and I trust that he'd be good value at the top of the 2nd. I'm a little worried about taking defense with our 1st 2 picks after how poorly our O played last year; but if that's where the value is, that's where the value is.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I love it. Exactly like my draft

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    I like it, seems to be optimistic about who will be available... but then again, aren't most mocks?

The Weatherspoon pick is a popular one. I can't say I disagree because I haven't seen him play and I trust that he'd be good value at the top of the 2nd. I'm a little worried about taking defense with our 1st 2 picks after how poorly our O played last year; but if that's where the value is, that's where the value is.
    Ya it is kinda thin on offense, but that just reflects my personal prefrence of building a strong defence
    I really like weatherspoon and hope he is their at the top of the second, like I said i really hope we can develop him into a joey porter prototype so we can bring a real mean attitude to our defense.

I also think that with the right training, Lefevour could be a very solid starter on this team. Hold Bulger for another year and let Lefevour sit and learn like rodgers did.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I like it alot!

Out of curiousity, where does Earl Thomas, S Texas project>?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Great 6 picks. I've been high on Quarless for a while now. John Jerry is massive. SHould be a good run blocker. McCluster, LeFevour are both good offensive picks. Suh and Weatherspoon should give our defense even more young building blocks.

sdobbers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    I like it alot!

Out of curiousity, where does Earl Thomas, S Texas project>?
    I believe 1st/2nd round?