Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My favorite non-Rams 1st round pick...by far!

FestusRam is offline Registered User

My favorite non-Rams 1st round pick...by far!

Brandin Cooks to the Saints.

Wow.

This guy is my favorite WR in this class, beside Watkins, but it's a VERY slim margin between the two.

If the Rams didn't draft Austin last year, I would've loved to see Cooks in horns.

I thought he'd be an immediate impact player no matter where he went, and he just went to one of the best situations possible for him. He joins an already potent unit of Colston, Stills, and Graham, and will catch passes from one of the best QBs in the game.

He's my prediction for OROY, and I say that this early with confidence.

What's everyone else favorite non-Ram picks?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: My favorite non-Rams 1st round pick...by far!

I'd say that the Bengals got a potential steal selecting Darqueze Dennard at No. 24.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Cooks is explosive. He is going to be amazing in that high octane offense. As for my favourite non-Ram pick, I go with the Vikings taking Teddy Bridgewater at #32. He is and was my top QB in this draft and they nabbed him at the end of the first round. He goes into a great situation with guys like Peterson, Patterson, Jennings, and Kyle Rudolph to help shoulder the load. He's going to be a good QB!

THE DREAM TEAM

cfh128 is offline Registered User

As a resident of upstate NY, I also am a fan of the Bills (#2 team). So I was pretty stoked to see them trade up for Sammy Watkins. They gave up their first rounder next year but they did get to keep their second rounder this year which will allow them to work on their O line.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Cooks is explosive. He is going to be amazing in that high octane offense. As for my favourite non-Ram pick, I go with the Vikings taking Teddy Bridgewater at #32. He is and was my top QB in this draft and they nabbed him at the end of the first round. He goes into a great situation with guys like Peterson, Patterson, Jennings, and Kyle Rudolph to help shoulder the load. He's going to be a good QB!
    My 2nd favorite pick!

People are putting way to much stock in his size and bad pro-day, in my opinion.

Look at his tape. He has the accuracy and intelligence to be a successful QB in the NFL. In my opinion, those are the two most important traits a QB must excel at. He stands very confident under pressure and works through his reads until he finds the open man. That's crucial in the NFL. I think he's the top QB in this draft class, when it's all said and done.
    HUbison likes this.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

As much as I hate to admit it, since I think Jerry Jones is the worst GM in football, the Cowboys pick of ND OL Zack Martin looks pretty damn good to me. He was the only guy that could even come close to handling Donald at the Senior bowl, not to mention the fact that he handled everyone else quite well.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

My favorite non-Rams picks from last night, in chronological order...

-Khalil Mack to the Raiders: For once, is it possible the Raiders didn't Raider this pick?

-Jake Matthews to the Falcons: Superb prospect that fills a huge need. Match made in heaven.

-Mike Evans to the Bucs: I love the potential of what he can do across from Vincent Jackson.

-Kyle Fuller to the Bears: Three of Chicago's top four corners are 30.

-Zack Martin to the Cowboys: I really wanted it to be Manziel, but the Cowboys played it smart.

-Hasean Clinton-Dix to the Packers: My best player at the safety position fills a big need for the Packers. Nice match!

-Darqueze Dennard to the Bengals: See above. Dennard was my top corner, and he fills a huge need in Cincy.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Darqueze Dennard was stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My favorite non-Rams picks from last night, in chronological order...

-Khalil Mack to the Raiders: For once, is it possible the Raiders didn't Raider this pick?

-Jake Matthews to the Falcons: Superb prospect that fills a huge need. Match made in heaven.

-Mike Evans to the Bucs: I love the potential of what he can do across from Vincent Jackson.

-Kyle Fuller to the Bears: Three of Chicago's top four corners are 30.

-Zack Martin to the Cowboys: I really wanted it to be Manziel, but the Cowboys played it smart.

-Hasean Clinton-Dix to the Packers: My best player at the safety position fills a big need for the Packers. Nice match!

-Darqueze Dennard to the Bengals: See above. Dennard was my top corner, and he fills a huge need in Cincy.
    Nick! I appreciate your reply, but you're one of the most respected draftniks here. So, I'm interested to hear your favorite pick out of the lot!
    Nick likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Nick! I appreciate your reply, but you're one of the most respected draftniks here. So, I'm interested to hear your favorite pick out of the lot!
    Hard to narrow it down. I'm a big Jake Matthews fan, so I was glad to see him go to a good team in Atlanta that will really benefit from his services. After that, probably Dennard to the Bengals. I think Dennard's a Top 10-15 talent, so great value and addresses a need there.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Gotta go with either Dennard dropping all that way to the Bengals, Ha Ha to the Pack, whom I wanted at 13 and could have gone anywhere after 11, and then Jerry Jones resisting the urge to make the splash and instead actually get a darn good player to protect the QB everyone hates.

Based on value, I'd probably go with Dennard.
    I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hard to narrow it down. I'm a big Jake Matthews fan, so I was glad to see him go to a good team in Atlanta that will really benefit from his services. After that, probably Dennard to the Bengals. I think Dennard's a Top 10-15 talent, so great value and addresses a need there.
    Definitely agree on both here.

Great pick by Atlanta, and at the end of the day, they didn't even need to trade up.

Bengals get, in my opinion, the best CB in this draft in the 20s.

Still like the Jets picking Pryor over the Packers taking HCD. I think Pryor will be the better pro. Guess we will have to wait and see...
    Nick likes this.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Through schadenfreude-tinted lenses, my fav is Jimmie Ward to the whiners. Guy sounds like Archuleta to me; talented but undersized and often hurt. A lot of my whiner buddies are seething about that one....heheheh

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I have to go with with Cooks to Saints. It was a bold move, but it's exactly what the Saints needed to keep their offense going. Then again, I do live in New Orleans, so I'm partial to the Saints (Secondary to the Rams of course)

Mikey is online now Registered User

Raiders at 5 did the smart thing and didn't pull a Raiders type move when they took Mack.

Bengals were able to stay at 24 and take one of the best cover corners in the draft and upgrade that secondary.

Both teams stayed put and took players that will provide a great impact in areas of need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast