Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ManofGod
  • 1 Post By Rambos

Thread: My Final Mock (Hopefully)

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

My Final Mock (Hopefully)

Of course an early deal, (Oakland), could change this again, but here goes.

1. K.C. - L. Joeckel T
    2. Jax - E. Fisher T
    3. Oak. S. Floyd DT (could deal down)
    4. Phil- D. Jordan LB - Pass on OT for Kelly's guy.
    5. Det.- L. Johnson OT Got to protect Stafford #1, and OT trade suspense ends here.
    6. Cleveland - D. Milliner CB (Will almost surely trade down with Milliner inj concerns)
    7. Ariz. - C. Warmack -G
    8. Buff - J. Cooper G - Need to replace Levitre, steak over Austin sizzle here.
    9. Jets - B. Mingo - Could deal down, but Rex loves this guy.
    10. Tenn - T. Eifert TE - With OL gone, could deal down here.
    11. S.D. - DJ Fluker - T Could look to deal down with top OL gone.
    12. Mia - Z. Ansah - DE - Can't pass up bookend to Wake over a CB.
    13. Jets - T. Austin - WR - Owner needs sizzle in Big Apple. Could deal down or take QB too
    14. Carolina - S. Luteleilei DT BPA could deal down
    15. N.O. - S. Richardson DT - BPA, could deal down
    16. Rams - A. Ogletree LB - BPA Could deal down as well. Fisher OK with "bad boys"
    17. Pitt. - J. Jones LB Steelers get lucky again with top pass rusher.
    18. Dall - K. Vaccaro S Obvious choice.
    19. NYG - D.J. Hayden CB - The kind of coverage talent the Giants love.
    20. Chi - C. Patterson WR - Poor man's Megatron?
    21. Cinc - B. Werner DE - BPA Could deal down.
    22. Rams - D. Hopkins WR - Simply put, the most ready to contribute WR in the draft. Private workout this late is telling. Could deal down a bit, but not far, with so many teams looming that need WR.

I look for the Rams to go safety in round two, and either RB or OL in round three.

Barry Waller

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: My Final Mock (Hopefully)

Five of the first 8 picks are OL. Just goes to show the priority on protecting the shot caller in today's NFL.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

vanillasue is offline Registered User

like 16 and 22 picks - they could go OL, WR, OLB with those 2 choices and possibly trade down.

shower beers is offline Registered User

How did you envision Richardson fitting into the Saints new 3-4 scheme? Everything I have read about him projects him as a classic 3 technique at the pro level.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

I'd argue that Woods is the most NFL ready WR at this point and time.
    mde8352gorams and citr92 like this.

Jwalker is offline Registered User

That's how I see the rams 1st round going and I'm on board!

Rambos is offline Registered User

18. Dall - K. Vaccaro S Obvious choice.

Speechless
    BarronWade likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    It has nothing to do with you Barry, because based on other reports and mocks I've seen, the pick seems to be trending this way. But I think the Jags would be better off going with a pass rusher than a tackle.

I get that they want to play it safe and stay true to their board, but good teams also find ways of retaining their best players, and Monroe is a very good left tackle. An OT fills an immediate need on the right side, and gives them leverage in case Monroe asks for the moon, but ultimately that seems like a lateral move long-term. A pass rusher like Jordan or Ansah could really help that defense.
    Last edited by Nick; -04-23-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

>>Monroe is a very good left tackle. >> Actually, Monroe has been just a good, not great LT, and average in pass blocking, but with his huge salary, under the old CBA, they were really stuck with him. Plus you need two tackles.

Almost every mock I am seeing on NFL network and ESPN THIS week says they go tackle, either Joeckel or Fisher.

Those two are so good it just could change their whole attitude on overpaying a guy with zero pro bowls to his credit.

We will find out soon enough, and they could deal down.
    Barry Waller

Also, taking Ansah, with like 5 career sacks at #2 would be a gigantic, and uneccessary risk. You get Julius Peppers and Mario Williams that high, not a boom or bust like Ansah. I know this, they won't reach for need at #2.
    Barry Waller

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    >>Monroe is a very good left tackle. >> Actually, Monroe has been just a good, not great LT, and average in pass blocking, but with his huge salary, under the old CBA, they were really stuck with him. Plus you need two tackles.

Almost every mock I am seeing on NFL network and ESPN THIS week says they go tackle, either Joeckel or Fisher.

Those two are so good it just could change their whole attitude on overpaying a guy with zero pro bowls to his credit.

We will find out soon enough, and they could deal down.
    Monroe ranked among Pro Football Focus' top ten left tackles in each of the last two seasons; he may not be one of the great ones and may not be able to list the Pro Bowl on his resume, but I think he's trending the right way and has developed into a valuable starter that Jacksonville would be foolish to move on from.

Then again, the Chiefs seem to be in a similar position with Albert, as they appear to be moving on from him while everyone expects them to draft his replacement with the first overall pick. So it's certainly not impossible, I'll admit that. I just don't know if it makes the most sense when they already have a fine left tackle.

As for the mocks, I don't know who else is doing mocks at ESPN, but it's 1-1 between tackle (McShay) and pass rusher (Kiper). On NFL.com, six of their eight mocks have the Jags going pass rusher, with one mock projecting a tackle to them, and the final mock projecting Geno Smith to them. Are the mocks on NFL Network different than their own website?

I agree that media momentum is building towards an offensive tackle with that pick, but you said it yourself in another thread: pretty much all of what one might be hearing this week is false information. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jags' interest in a tackle is more smoke than fire, perhaps to try and inspire a trade scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Also, taking Ansah, with like 5 career sacks at #2 would be a gigantic, and uneccessary risk. You get Julius Peppers and Mario Williams that high, not a boom or bust like Ansah. I know this, they won't reach for need at #2.
    I'm not a huge Ansah fan so I don't necessarily disagree with your concerns over a player with his production, but it's worth pointing out that both Mel Kiper (ESPN) and Gil Brandt (NFL.com) have Ansah to the Jags with the second pick. So there are at least some that also view him as an option there. If it were me, I'd go Jordan though.
    Last edited by Nick; -04-23-2013 at 09:00 PM.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    I'd argue that Woods is the most NFL ready WR at this point and time.
    especially considering NE or Seattle might draft him...i want the rams to get him even more than i already did