Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My Final Mockdraft 2.0 - 4 Rounds

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

My Final Mockdraft 2.0 - 4 Rounds

Trade with Falcons, acquire their 2nd round pick and a pick in 2015.

1(6) f/ATL: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
    I think Matthews and him will be available at #6 and we will get who we wanted all along. Don't have to say anymore than what is needed about Robinson. Get ready for a decade of dominance up ahead.

1(13): Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Safety, Alabama
    Call me Monica Lewinsky, because I definitely want this pick. Great athlete with the right mix of size and speed. He will be great in coverage and just as good in run support.

2(37) f/ATL: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    Don't have to look longer for a cover corner. I think Verrett will be available till 37. Verrett will come in and be the right replacement for Finnegan. He might even take over as starter. I would be very very happy with Jenkins, Tru, Verrett as our CBs.

2(44): David Yankey, OG, Stanford
    If Garropolo is available here, I'm pulling the trigger. However, if he is not, we will go with Yankey and shore up this line as best as possible. Hoping to not worry about early OL picks next year. Yankey or Gabe Jackson are possibilities.

3(75): Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
    Sammy Watkins? Nahh, Martavis Bryant. I think this would be a pick up that'll go well. We need that big sized receiver, assuming we don't know how Quick turns out. Bryant should be available around here and I think we should pull the trigger. Might need patience with him, but I think could be worth it down the line.

4(110): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
    Ok, first of all, I am very much losing interest in Murray at 4th. I am not even sure if he will be a solid back-up anymore. Which is the reason I initially liked him here. I will say again, If Garropolo is available at 45 we will take him, then take an OLB or OG here. If not, the draft goes as I mocked.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: My Final Mockdraft 2.0 - 4 Rounds

Love the Robinson pick, he's gonna be good. Hate the HHCD pick, terrible value can get much better in round 2. Verrett would be an excellent pick in round 2, great CB. Absolutely hate the Yankey pick, wouldn't touch him before round 6. Bryant and Murray are "meh" IMO.

Like half the other half not so much.

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Robinson and HCD are both solid picks. I like Verrett and Bryant in those spots as well. Not a huge fan of Yankey though. Just seems like there would be better value with the #44.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Robinson and HCD are both solid picks. I like Verrett and Bryant in those spots as well. Not a huge fan of Yankey though. Just seems like there would be better value with the #44.
    Mayock took Yankey out of the top five of OGs I would change that too.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Love the Robinson pick, he's gonna be good. Hate the HHCD pick, terrible value can get much better in round 2. Verrett would be an excellent pick in round 2, great CB. Absolutely hate the Yankey pick, wouldn't touch him before round 6. Bryant and Murray are "meh" IMO.

Like half the other half not so much.
    I think at the end of the day, or the end of the year, whatever phrase you want to use, Clinton-Dix will be a very good NFL football player. He will possibly slip on draft day because he isn't being talked about much, but he is still the top safety available. His value at #13 is actually pretty good, because you have a number of teams right after that spot who could be in play for him.

Sure, he isn't a splashy pick, but he also fills a position of great need for the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I think at the end of the day, or the end of the year, whatever phrase you want to use, Clinton-Dix will be a very good NFL football player. He will possibly slip on draft day because he isn't being talked about much, but he is still the top safety available. His value at #13 is actually pretty good, because you have a number of teams right after that spot who could be in play for him.

Sure, he isn't a splashy pick, but he also fills a position of great need for the Rams.
    You mean like all the other great Alabama DB's to come out lately? Dee Milliner, Dre Kirkpatrick, Javier Arenas, Mark Barron (Minus 1 year), Kareem Jackson, Robert Lester, and so on? These guys have all been disappointments. Very often the #1 player rated at a position prior to the draft does not end up being the #1 player at that position in the pros, and I think that's exactly what will happen here. HHCD may be the #1 FS right now, but I promise you in 1 or 2 or even 3 years he won't be considered the best of the bunch.

Terrence Brooks who will be drafted in rounds 2-4 is a much better center fielder than HHCD, exactly what we need.

THE DREAM TEAM

HHCD may be the #1 FS right now, but I promise you in 1 or 2 or even 3 years he won't be considered the best of the bunch.

Terrence Brooks who will be drafted in rounds 2-4 is a much better center fielder than HHCD, exactly what we need.
    You promise that?? Really?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Hate the HHCD pick, terrible value can get much better in round 2.
    Really, Sosa? With whom? There are a lot of Safeties in this class but there really aren't a ton who can play that rangy, roaming Free Safety role. I count Clinton Dix as the best of them right now, then Jimmy Ward. I'd be totally fine if he were the pick at 13.
    HUbison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Really, Sosa? With whom? There are a lot of Safeties in this class but there really aren't a ton who can play that rangy, roaming Free Safety role. I count Clinton Dix as the best of them right now, then Jimmy Ward. I'd be totally fine if he were the pick at 13.
    I prefer Terrence Brooks, LaMarcus Joyner, Jimmie Ward, and even Deone Bucannon in round 2 over Pryor or HHCD in round 1.

THE DREAM TEAM

You promise that?? Really?
    Yes, I do. Look no further than the 2010 draft.

-LB's:
    - Rolando McClain
    - Sean Weatherspoon
    - Daryl Washington
    - Brandon Spikes
    - Pat Angerer
    - NaVorro Bowman

The best LB's out of the draft were the 3rd and 6th LB's off the board. It's simply how it goes in the NFL.

THE DREAM TEAM

Yes, I do. Look no further than the 2010 draft.

-LB's:
    - Rolando McClain
    - Sean Weatherspoon
    - Daryl Washington
    - Brandon Spikes
    - Pat Angerer
    - NaVorro Bowman

The best LB's out of the draft were the 3rd and 6th LB's off the board. It's simply how it goes in the NFL.
    Then shouldn't teams select them first?

Then shouldn't teams select them first?
    Yes and no. Like I said, right now HHCD is probably the #1 FS on 95% of peoples' boards, but when it comes to looking back at it, I don't think he'll come out as the top guy.

THE DREAM TEAM

RebelYell is offline Registered User

David Yankey = what happened to the guy? He was a 1st round pick at one point.

Clinton Dix will be a fine safety. I have my doubts Joyner can hold up at safety.
    Brooks does have the potential to be elite. He's never ranked as highly but I prefer him FAR more than Pryor. The thing about Clinton Dix is that he's large and can play SS if asked which in the Rams group is a fine attribute. Still, would prefer Brooks I think.

If there is a top CB available at #13, the Rams will take him over Clinton Dix. Need isn't as important as difficulty in finding.

Yes and no. Like I said, right now HHCD is probably the #1 FS on 95% of peoples' boards, but when it comes to looking back at it, I don't think he'll come out as the top guy.
    So 95% of the experts (of varying degrees) are wrong?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

So 95% of the experts (of varying degrees) are wrong?
    We've had posters hear declaring Manziel will be a bust and a 4th round QB will outperform all the rest.
    Were they wrong?

Didn't you declare a certain QB from LSU was going to outperform Manziel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast