FestusRam is offline Registered User

My first mock draft(First five picks)

This is my first mock so please don't hesitate to ask questions or state your opinions about it. Constructive criticism is encouraged!

1.16-DeAndre Hopkins-Rams pick up an NFL ready receiver who has had three productive college years. He's displayed a lot of qualities that translate well to the NFL(Sure hands, solid routes, uses his big frame well). He hasn't been as popular as Austin or Patterson, probably because their unique home-run ability, but I think he has just as much potential to be a Solid NFL receiver for years.

1.22 Eric Reid-Let me start of by saying a trade back wouldn't be surprising if G.Smith is still available. But, if we stick with this pick, Reid is a great pickup. Solid in coverage and lays the wood in run support. I really like Reid and I can't even put into words what an upgrade he would be over Dahl

2.Khaseem Greene-Solid all around OLB who would be a welcomed addition. We need an OLB who has better pass protection than Dunbar, and here he is.

3.Christine Michael-Heres the Rams yearly "pick a very high risk/very high reward" guy with character concerns. If he had a clean record, I think he'd be right up there with Lacy in the rankings. A lot of potential here and if Fisher thinks he can handle him, keep an eye out for Michael.

4.Ace Sanders-His slow 40 time may have dropped him a bit, just enough for the Rams to happily scoop him up. He's a small guy, but a solid slot receiver and an electric returner. He's a very poor mans Tavon Austin.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -04-24-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: My first mock draft(First five picks)

I like both Hopkins and Reid but IMO both players are fringe 1st rounders; I'd much rather trade down and select those players than reach for both of them at 16 and 22