rammiser is offline Registered User

My Free agent wish list.

This is a list of guys we could go after to add depth and strengthen our team immediatley.

Center-Casey Wiegmann for reasons mentioned in other threads, he knows Saunders and may come at a cheaper price being 35 years old. Honorable mention, Mike Pucillo Washington.

Guard-Alan Fanaca, he will be expensive so there are other guys to choose from. Jacob Bell from the Titans,Damien Woody Detroit, and Jake Scott of Indy are all possabiltities.

Tackle-Maurice Williams of Jacksonville can play both tackle and guard and may be the type of depth this team needs.

WR-Isaac Bruce, he knows Saunders offense and can help bring along a young wr we might draft in april. Other players I like are Deverey Henderson who I like far more than Berrian and he will be cheaper. I also like Andre Davis from Houston, he showed flashes when Johnson was hurt and has good speed. I also Like Brandon Lloyd who was just released by Washington.

DE-Hopefully will be addressed in the draft. I dont really like Justin Smith he played on a terrible defense and had 2 sacks. He has never had more than 8.5 sacks in a year in his career. He's better than Hall but not for as much money he will garner. Come on Chris Long!

OLB-Landon Johnson, he's young fast can cover and we need a guy like this. With the way Pisa always goes down we need another guy that can play outside and he is it.

CB-Forget Samuel he will want way too much. I like Hill, but Browns ball skills are lacking. He's always in good position but never seems to know when the ball is coming. Drayton Florence from San Diego is a possibility here.

S-Gibril Wilson has been mentioned but he plays the same position as Atogwe so he's out. It doesnt seem like we are going to release Chavous so an interesting guy is Yeramiah Bell from Miami. He tore up his knee but has skills and wouldnt have to play right away and will come cheap. Even ESPN says he could be a steal by a team willing to take a chance with him.

I realize we wont get a guy at every position but these are some of the ones I would like to see in Rams jerseys next year. Most of them wont break the bank although the dumb Arse Raiders just signed some no name DT to the highest contract ever for a DT. Leave it to the Faders to ruin it for everyone else.
    Last edited by rammiser; -02-29-2008 at 04:26 AM.

Just Fix It

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: My Free agent wish list.

I like your ideas. Every position you have down is decent. I was thinking the same thing at Safety. Wilson was out of the picture for me to begin with. Bell would be worth a chance.

WR - I say we pick up Stallworth, Henderson, or Barrian. Just to have that skill on the team guaranteed. Andre Davis will probably ask more than Bruce's salary did. But I would pick one of the 3, and sign a rookie. So we have a threat for many years to come.

CB - Samuel, I had set. But, you did say it, he'll cost alot. Not only with the signing of Faneca this weekend (most likely) we probably cant afford both. Your second option with Florence would be a wise choice.

As for Center, I don't like how old Wiegman is. I read 35 and it felt like my heart stopped. Thats WAY too old to try to invest anything in. If there is anyone younger, yet a great player, take him. Price does come into effect here. We could just stick to our center...

Maurice Williams would be a great back up player. Same with Landon Johnson.

Lets just hope we actually pursue some decent players and dont bottm dwell for free agents. You can find good talent for a lesser price and dont have to take the lowest tier guys.
    Just Fix It

Mooselini is offline Registered User

That's all we can do. It looks like the Rams are chasing Faneca. Which would be a good move for 08...but not many years after that. We have been known for making bad offseason moves, lets hope Daveny makes a difference.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Lets just hope we actually pursue some decent players and dont bottm dwell for free agents. You can find good talent for a lesser price and dont have to take the lowest tier guys.
    And that's the key. Never go after the flashy names. Find the guys just as good as the flashy ones but that come at half the price. I'm really hoping that the Jets get Faneca just for this reason, so that we can hopefully get the next best guy for less.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    This is a list of guys we could go after to add depth and strengthen our team immediatley.

Center-Casey Wiegmann for reasons mentioned in other threads, he knows Saunders and may come at a cheaper price being 35 years old. Honorable mention, Mike Pucillo Washington.

Guard-Alan Fanaca, he will be expensive so there are other guys to choose from. Jacob Bell from the Titans,Damien Woody Detroit, and Jake Scott of Indy are all possabiltities.

Tackle-Maurice Williams of Jacksonville can play both tackle and guard and may be the type of depth this team needs.

WR-Isaac Bruce, he knows Saunders offense and can help bring along a young wr we might draft in april. Other players I like are Deverey Henderson who I like far more than Berrian and he will be cheaper. I also like Andre Davis from Houston, he showed flashes when Johnson was hurt and has good speed. I also Like Brandon Lloyd who was just released by Washington.

DE-Hopefully will be addressed in the draft. I dont really like Justin Smith he played on a terrible defense and had 2 sacks. He has never had more than 8.5 sacks in a year in his career. He's better than Hall but not for as much money he will garner. Come on Chris Long!

OLB-Landon Johnson, he's young fast can cover and we need a guy like this. With the way Pisa always goes down we need another guy that can play outside and he is it.

CB-Forget Samuel he will want way too much. I like Hill, but Browns ball skills are lacking. He's always in good position but never seems to know when the ball is coming. Drayton Florence from San Diego is a possibility here.

S-Gibril Wilson has been mentioned but he plays the same position as Atogwe so he's out. It doesnt seem like we are going to release Chavous so an interesting guy is Yeramiah Bell from Miami. He tore up his knee but has skills and wouldnt have to play right away and will come cheap. Even ESPN says he could be a steal by a team willing to take a chance with him.

I realize we wont get a guy at every position but these are some of the ones I would like to see in Rams jerseys next year. Most of them wont break the bank although the dumb Arse Raiders just signed some no name DT to the highest contract ever for a DT. Leave it to the Faders to ruin it for everyone else.
    Now we can scratch guard off the list and go for Maurice Williams to solididy the o-line. He can play guard and tackle and in case of injury could be very helpful. Scratch CB off the list too because Florence is gone. Scratch off Yeramiah Bell as well sounds like he's staying in Miami. Still wouldnt mind seeing us pursue Landon Johnson LB from Cincy. I would also love to see us get Chris Long #1,Kenny Phillips #2, and Avery #3 in the upcoming draft. Or maybe trade back into first round and grab Cromartie as long as we dont have to give up too much to get him unless we end up getting Lito Sheppard in a trade before the draft. If we get Williams the Rams could also move Cogs to center, that would be a pretty solid o-line.
    Just Fix It