tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

My ideal draft day scenario

The Dolphins as expected end up taking Jake Long #1 overall, as it turns out the rumours of him not wanting to play for Miami were plain false.

The Rams, after talking up Glenn Dorsey so much this offseason, convince the Falcons to move up to #2 to grab the player they covet. The Falcons have three second round picks, so can easily swing a deal to convince the Rams to move down, which involves one of those second rounders. Based on the value chart that i have seen, the move down from #2 to #3 is 400 points, and the Falcons own the 17th pick of the second round, valued at 410 points. The Falcons are keen to do this, since they would still have the 3rd and 6th picks of the second round.

Now at #3, the Rams draft the player they have coveted all along, DE Chris Long.

Even though Fakhir Brown will not be suspended this upcoming year, the Rams swing a trade with the Eagles for CB Lito Sheppard in exchange for the second rounder that the Falcons traded to us. The Rams would have liked to have given up less but because of interest from other teams they were forced to use the second rounder. This gives the Rams a top quality corner to pair with Tye Hill.

As for the Rams second and third round picks, i would prefer a combination of WR and OT, and im not too bothered which order they are taken. The depth of talent at the OT and WR classes means that a very good player could be taken at both spots, especially since the Rams have very high picks in both rounds.

In the fourth and fifth, i would prefer some combination of a hard hitting SS and an SLB. Both would likely be used for depth in their first year but could eventually push to start later in their rookie years depending on how they develop.

In the sixth or seventh, i fully expect the Rams to grab a QB to develop behind Marc Bulger.

This would be ideal for me i think. I wouldnt be too happy about having to trade a second rounder for Sheppard, but since the second rounder didnt exist before the draft and the Rams still got the player they wanted (and at a position where he would command less money) its not a problem at all.
    Last edited by tomahawk247; -04-16-2008 at 08:40 AM.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Re: My ideal draft day scenario

I can totally agree with that scenario been dreaming about it also.

The sheppard deal still scares me...........capwise. I would very much like to see SJ and OJ have new contracts.

The Special One is offline Registered User

I really do like the scenario Tomahawk.

The problem is, I just can't see the Falcons trading up to 2nd in the first place. Despite having so mnay picks in the 2nd round, it makes no sense at all on their part.

chiguy is offline Registered User

This strikes me as a plausible scenario, but the Sheppard thing is a bad move in my opinion. If this guy was reliable and worth a second round pick, Asaunte Samuel wouldn't be an Eagle.