Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By richtree

Thread: My initial first round grade players list

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

My initial first round grade players list

Here are my initial group , still awaiting decisions to come out of some players. THere are 41 guys, so a lot of good players, with first round grades, look to be there in round two.

QB: Bridgewater, Hundley, Manziel, Carr, Bortles
    RB: None ( several at the top round two)
    WR: Evans, Watkins, Lee, Adams, Benjamin, Parker, Cooks
    TE: Ebron, Seafrian-Jenkins, Amaro
    OT: Matthews, Robinson, Kouandjio, Lewan, Erving, A. Richardson
    G: C Richardson, D. Yankey, G. Jackson
    C: Swanson

4-3 DE/3-4 OLB: Clowney, Barr, Mack, Beasley, M. Sam, Ealy
    3-4 DE - Tuitt
    OLB: C.J. Mosley
    MLB: None
    DT: L. Nix, Hageman, A. Johnson
    CB: J, Gilbert, J. Verrett, B. Roby, D. Dennard, E-Olomu
    S: Clinton-Dix

Barry Waller

richtree is online now Registered User

Re: My initial first round grade players list

I hate to sound like a broken record but I don't think anyone can but 7 WRs in a ranking and leave out A.Robinson and B.Coleman.

I challenge anyone to do a fair comparison on their gameplay (leaving stats out) and tell me that you can leave these guys out.....They both have all the tools

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Firstly, I did say it was early, and some of these won't even come out.

Secondly, I have about 20 guys in addition to the ones listed, again an early early list, who are so close to what I see as a first round grade, that a small drop by anyone, or a small move up by them, puts the right there in round one. But so many other WR will surely push some good ones INTO round two, and the guys you mention could be two.

I don't see more WR going in round one than I listed, and with so FEW DBs in there, I bet some of those push WR, TE, or OG down into round two.

Again. it's very early. What if Coleman runs a 4.9 at the combine? WOuld he still be way up there?

I am suspicious of big ten WR as well, because it's a really bad league defensively right now, REALLY bad.

How many Big Ten guys do you see in my list that play DEFENSE?

I will always rate players from the SEC over others when using stats to categorize where they go.

They play at least SOME defense in that league that is the minor league of the NFL.

When we see these guys working out side by side at the combine, it tends to seperate the guys you have closely ranked.

So, stay tuned and you can go after me for my May 1 list, but not this one t hat is more about who to watch as the off-season progresses.

I may even have some 3rd through 7th round guys who have gotten some notice that the Rams might like.
    Barry Waller

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Secondly, I have about 20 guys in addition to the ones listed, again an early early list, who are so close to what I see as a first round grade, that a small drop by anyone, or a small move up by them, puts the right there in round one. But so many other WR will surely push some good ones INTO round two, and the guys you mention could be two.
    Can you elaborate on this? How is a small drop in the grade of Player A going to improve the grade of Player B below him? Obviously if we're talking about a ranking or a big board, then drops by one guy could push others up. But if we're talking about grades, they should be completely dependent on an individual player's own skills, production, intelligence, testing, etc, not the grades of other prospects.

Anyways, I like your early list overall. A couple of observations, comments, other questions...

I'm still suspicious of whether Hundley comes out, but if he does, I think he's right up there in the competition to be an early to mid 1st rounder, even though I think he'd benefit from another year in college.

If this is also meant to serve as an early positional ranking, then I agree completely on how you have the Top Five OTs. I like them in that exact order: Matthews, Robinson, Kouandjio, Lewan, and Erving. For some reason, Erving makes me a little nervous.

I see you have four interior OL with first round grades. Do you think all four going in Round One? If some are available at the top of Round Two, that may be a tempting place for the Rams to move up if they haven't addressed OL in the first at that point.

What are your thoughts on Shazier out of tOSU? I think he was given a second round projection by the Draft Advisory Committee but they are usually conservative as they don't want to falsely influence a student's decision. I think he'd make a great 4-3 WILL pick for a team in the latter half of the first.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-01-2014 at 03:51 PM.

richtree is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Firstly, I did say it was early, and some of these won't even come out.

I don't see more WR going in round one than I listed, and with so FEW DBs in there, I bet some of those push WR, TE, or OG down into round two.

Again. it's very early. What if Coleman runs a 4.9 at the combine? WOuld he still be way up there?

I am suspicious of big ten WR as well, because it's a really bad league defensively right now, REALLY bad.

How many Big Ten guys do you see in my list that play DEFENSE?

I will always rate players from the SEC over others when using stats to categorize where they go.

They play at least SOME defense in that league that is the minor league of the NFL.

When we see these guys working out side by side at the combine, it tends to seperate the guys you have closely ranked.

So, stay tuned and you can go after me for my May 1 list, but not this one t hat is more about who to watch as the off-season progresses.

I may even have some 3rd through 7th round guys who have gotten some notice that the Rams might like.
    You, are totally missing the point when drafting players for the NFL -- Obviously, the SEC has the best league, but there are many players in many leagues that would start in the SEC.

You draft ability not statistics or the 3 letters of the conference. Russell Wilson played in the ACC and then Big Ten and seemingly no SEC school wanted him......good teams draft good players
    sosa39rams likes this.