1. Vernon Gholston (DE - Ohio St.) - can not pass on this ridiculous athlete. I've seen him compared to Merriman and Adalius Thomas. I'll take it. Also fills HUGE need.
2. Reggie Smith (SS/CB - Oklahoma) - excellent versatility. Can help out at CB if Fakhir decides to burn a few. Also can eventually replace Chavous at SS.
3. Will Franklin (WR - Mizzou) - speed merchant on the outside can fill the need for a deep threat. Admittedly a bit of a homer pick on my part, but he will go in this range.
4. Jeremy Zuttah (OL - Rutgers) - again, Versatility! Can play all the OL spots. I've heard he may be an excellent Center prospect as well.
5. Kevin O'Connell (QB San Diego St.) - intriguing developmental QB prospect. We've had some luck sith SDSU products, too.
6. Gary Guyton (OLB - Georgia Tech) - LB depth with solid measurables.
7. Tommy Blake (DE - TCU) - Excellent talent with serious off-field issues. But at round 7, why not?
I realize my draft takes a huge leap of faith with our o-line - hoping Pace can stay healthy, Barron finally gets it, etc. But we have so many holes, there is no way we can address them all in one draft.
I was torn on Smith and James Hardy (WR - Indiana) at the top of the second round. I really like Hardy, he ran excellent times at the Combine at 6'6" and seems to fit Linehan's mold of receivers. I see him as a Plax Burress type. Not sure if Saunders would like the big WR, though.
If we were to go with Hardy in Round 2, it would alter the following picks. Maybe take Carl Nicks (OT - Neb) at the top of round 3 and hope Zbikowski (S- ND) falls to top of round 4.