Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: My Money Prediction of the Draft: Janoris Jenkins will be a Ram @ 33 or 39

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

My Money Prediction of the Draft: Janoris Jenkins will be a Ram @ 33 or 39

Book it. I think part of the reason why we didn't mind missing on Claiborne is because we identified many cornerbacks that are as good as him in this draft.

We saw an opportunity to get a player that is AS good on the field in Janoris in the second round, and if we couldn't get him so be it. But the fact that he is there, and we have been continuously connected to him, makes me feel like it'd be a shock if he isnt a Ram.

And if I am right, and we do draft him, man am I going to be happy.

Best cover corner in this draft who didn't kill anyone, just smoked weed a few times in college and had some unprotected sex in round 2?..Yeah, Ill take it, and so will Fisher and Snead.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: My Money Prediction of the Draft: Janoris Jenkins will be a Ram @ 33 or 39

I am not saying it won't happen, but playing devil's advocate, Fisher draft Pac Man Jones and I am sure that still burns in his head....they kid from Montana is tall, big and a perfect compliment for Finnegan (<Finnegan was a 7th rounder himself) and Fisher love Dbacks in the later rounds....

With DT going in Round 1 I feel that 2 of the 3 picks will be offensive players RB, WR, OL --- if not all....if you only have 1 of the 3 picks on the defensive side....its not gonna be the risky Jenkins

richtree is offline Registered User

Oh, and BTW I don't appreciate you having a Jaguars player as your avatar...If you have time to post change it !!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE WITH BLACKMON AVATARS NEED TO CHANGE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Book it like your Avatar lol

Rammed is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Best cover corner in this draft who didn't kill anyone, just smoked weed a few times in college and had some unprotected sex in round 2?..Yeah, Ill take it, and so will Fisher and Snead.
    I have to confess I also smoked weed and had unprotected sex. But didn't get kicked out of school, caught and got 4 babies from 3 mommies. Think you put it a little too mildly. As for the pick I would love to get him prefer him at 45. Think there are quite some safer picks at 33 and 39. But I'm affraid he won't last till 45.
    Last edited by Rammed; -04-27-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    RockinRam likes this.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I rarely change my mind, simply because I am rarely, if ever, wrong.

Having said that, if the Rams are convinced this kid's matured, I'm really warming up to the idea of Jenkins with one of these 2nd round picks. My first opinion was to completely pass on this guy, but man oh man, he really does bring some 1st round talent to the field.
    C-Mob 71 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

I have no problem at all with pick #45. I could be convinced at pick #39. But i am not convinced at pick #33, especially not with a rock solid starting guard in cordy glenn on the board.
    If you are going to take a risk, i would rather take a risk with a top 10 talent like jenkins than a guy that may or may not ever develop like a steven hill. if the rams have a highly rated receiver (ie randle) that is my first choice, but my #1 priority is not to reach just for position, we have too many holes.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Rambos likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I would like Janoris too. I've had him mocked to us a few times now. I just know we need a WR here.

THE DREAM TEAM

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I would like Janoris too. I've had him mocked to us a few times now. I just know we need a WR here.
    Yep, need receivers with both picks.

general counsel is offline Registered User

No way do we need two wide receivers here. Exactly what we dont need is two #2 type receivers given all the other holes we have.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RebelYell is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I rarely change my mind, simply because I am rarely, if ever, wrong.

Having said that, if the Rams are convinced this kid's matured, I'm really warming up to the idea of Jenkins with one of these 2nd round picks. My first opinion was to completely pass on this guy, but man oh man, he really does bring some 1st round talent to the field.
    I'm torn. I'd have been happy with #39 going to Jenkins two days ago but I'm very reluctant today. I'd be excited about the prospect of having a stud CB on the roster but at the same time the Rams can't afford to whiff on a pick. They need 4 starters in the first 2 rounds, a whiff sets them back again.

If the Rams can add a WR and then 2 of the following: G, OLB, S, CB, I think they can honestly compete in the NFC West. They will have added 8 new starters to this roster in one offseason. That's a major turn around. With 2 first rounders next year, watch out.

(You can likely get a special teams guy, wide receiver in the 4th or 5th round to provide a little spark.)

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I'm torn. I'd have been happy with #39 going to Jenkins two days ago but I'm very reluctant today. I'd be excited about the prospect of having a stud CB on the roster but at the same time the Rams can't afford to whiff on a pick. They need 4 starters in the first 2 rounds, a whiff sets them back again.

If the Rams can add a WR and then 2 of the following: G, OLB, S, CB, I think they can honestly compete in the NFC West. They will have added 8 new starters to this roster in one offseason. That's a major turn around. With 2 first rounders next year, watch out.

(You can likely get a special teams guy, wide receiver in the 4th or 5th round to provide a little spark.)
    Exactly. That's what gets stuck in my craw as well. I think they hit last night. Now they have to hit 3 times (if not 4) tonight. Jenkins is a Babe Ruth type of swing. Ruth hit a lot of homers, but that dude struck out a lot too.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Jenkins at #39 would be awesome!
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Jenkins at #39 would be awesome!
    Wow, in the other thread you are complaining they wont take a #1 WR. Now you want them to wait further to pick up a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Exactly. That's what gets stuck in my craw as well. I think they hit last night. Now they have to hit 3 times (if not 4) tonight. Jenkins is a Babe Ruth type of swing. Ruth hit a lot of homers, but that dude struck out a lot too.
    The Rams can't afford a strike out this year. Not until the 3rd round. That's why I like the Brockers pick. You don't gamble in the first round when you can get a solid DT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast