Thread: My Offseason

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

My Offseason

I dont post on here often but I have been a reader for the past 5 years. I have been brainstorming about this off-season and this is what I have come up with as of now.

FA Signings

Chad Greenway OLB- The Rams need a stud OLB and he fits the bills. Drafting an OLB would not lead to an instant payoff and would take a couple of years for the payer to turn into what Greenway would be right away.

Mark Clayton WR- During his shortened season he showed he was a good target for Bradford. He adds depth and a veteran presence on a very young team and receiving corp.

Sidney Rice/Vincent Jackson/James Jones- With Blackmon coming off the board it appears that the chances of the Rams getting a legitimate receiving threat is less likely this year in the first round of the draft. I think after watching last year it is obvious the Rams need to get a #1 receiver and free agency might be the only option. The Rams can't afford to see if Julio Jones will fall to them at #14.

I would like it if the Rams could acquire Mathias Kiwanuka but I doubt that Kroenke's pocket is deep enough to afford both Greenway and one of the top FA WRs along with Kiwanuka.

Potential Trade

Steve Slaton RB- I don't think this trade should be set in stone, but acquiring a change of pace back is definitely in order. Slaton is buried in Houston's depth chart and had one really good season with the Texans. Could be had for a 4th or 5th round pick.

Draft

1st Round- I think after signing a WR the Rams would be best served drafting a defensive player. Someone like Stephen Paea(If around at 14), Adrian Clayborn, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordan, J.J. Watt.

2nd Round- Aaron Williams CB I don't know if he would make it this far but he is a solid CB. Could use some weight to his small frame but good against the run and good in coverage.

3rd Round- Orlando Franklin OG Once again I doubt he makes it to the Rams but if he does this is the guy for the Rams. Good size and handled players like Gerald McCoy well during his college days.

4th Round- RB even if the Rams acquire Slaton getting another RB wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe others saw something in Toston and Darby that I didn't, but I would be fine seeing these two go. Darby more so than Toston.

I don't know enough about College football to go any further but I hope you guys like it.

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

Re: My Offseason

I like the free agent signings and agree that a RB should be taken that can add to a dual threat in backfield. However all though Chad Greenway would be a great addition I feel he is going to be very in demand and we will probably miss out on him. So I think a OLB will be drafted more than likely. Agree with the WR stance that Jones could be gone by 14 and there are top #1 WR to be had in the free agency and this is our best bet and maybe picking up a steal in the 3rd ie L.Hankerson possibly having to move up to get him, as then you could have a free agent at #1wr leonard hankerson or clayton as a #2 and avery as a slot. However I do not see safety as a position you have addressed. Personally I think we solve this position before CB as we have drafted CBs high recently with little reward for it.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I would love to get Paea in the 1st, Not too sure about a CB in the secound round though.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

The CB in the second doesn't make a lot of sense to me, unless some other position don't grade out in the 2nd round. We seem to have a stable of CBs who are decent and hopefully getting better, OLB, SS, OG, DT are weaker, and if they grade out as good value there, I think we go with one of those.

Also I like the idea of trading for Slaton, but if we did I'd rather use that 4th on another position rather than a 3rd string RB, just my personal opinion, but if that 4th is traded for Slaton then it's all good.

I'm not sure the Rams can get or afford both Greenway and a top WR, but we'd be looking a lot better if we did.

I agree as well that landing Greenway is easier said than done. I just think that he should be the guy who the Rams go after in FA. He makes the defense so much better that the Rams would be foolish nopt to make an aggressive offer. I don't know too much about Hankerson. I know he has good size and had quite a few TDs last season but thats all I really know.

I doubt he makes it to 14 but he would be a great addition to the DL.

Yeah now that I look at this post over again I admit that CB in the second is foolish. I do think Williams has the ability to be a good CB after adding some muscle. I should have addressed S in my wishlist.