bruce4life is offline Registered User

My Offseason Free Agent List....

I would love to point out how splashing a big time free agent would be fun its not gonna happen people. The Rams need to back to .500 football before even talking about plaoffs. That being said my offseason wishlist is more for need than anything, maybe one or two thiings that I personally would like to see happen. I do not want to say this but Torry is gone guys. He does not want to be here anymore and his cap number is far too high. I believe Pace still has some tread on his tires so he stays.

Bring in James Butler

This guy knows Spags system and is a solid hitter. Reminds me a lot of Billy Jenkins that we used to have or Marques Pope. He can be had for not that big of a contract.

Resign Anthony Becht

He is not a pass catcher but he sure knows how to block nonetheless. Bring him in to do the dirty work like he was suppose to do last season before McMichael went down.

Bring in Matt Birk

An actual center who can play, bring in experience and veteran leadership. Nothing stabilizes o-line's performance more than the centers play.

Bring in Channing Crowder

This dude can bring the noise at MLB. Fills a need and allows Witherspoon to rush the passer more in which is best at.

Resign Bartell/OJ Atogwe/ and then ether Jason Craft or Ricky Manning Jr.

With the Butler signing and all this happening we could go from a weak secondary to a very forbimable group with King and Tye Hill still around. I STILL THINK HILL CAN BE A SOLID CORNER IN THIS LEAGUE INJURIES HAS KILLED HIM.

This opens the door to say we should draft Crabtree though I would like to see the Rams draft him I do not care who they take as long as it is not Matthew Stafford/ Jason Smith or Mark Sanchez

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: My Offseason Free Agent List....

Birk is going to get at least 5 mil a year, Crowder is going to get 3-5. Bartell is going to base his contract off of Kelvin Haydons 45mil deal. OJ is already 6mil against the cap with the tag. Birk and Crowder, might be lofty goal IMO

BTW whats wrong with Jason Smith?

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    I would love to point out how splashing a big time free agent would be fun its not gonna happen people. The Rams need to back to .500 football before even talking about plaoffs. That being said my offseason wishlist is more for need than anything, maybe one or two thiings that I personally would like to see happen. I do not want to say this but Torry is gone guys. He does not want to be here anymore and his cap number is far too high. I believe Pace still has some tread on his tires so he stays.

Bring in James Butler

This guy knows Spags system and is a solid hitter. Reminds me a lot of Billy Jenkins that we used to have or Marques Pope. He can be had for not that big of a contract.

Resign Anthony Becht

He is not a pass catcher but he sure knows how to block nonetheless. Bring him in to do the dirty work like he was suppose to do last season before McMichael went down.

Bring in Matt Birk

An actual center who can play, bring in experience and veteran leadership. Nothing stabilizes o-line's performance more than the centers play.

Bring in Channing Crowder

This dude can bring the noise at MLB. Fills a need and allows Witherspoon to rush the passer more in which is best at.

Resign Bartell/OJ Atogwe/ and then ether Jason Craft or Ricky Manning Jr.

With the Butler signing and all this happening we could go from a weak secondary to a very forbimable group with King and Tye Hill still around. I STILL THINK HILL CAN BE A SOLID CORNER IN THIS LEAGUE INJURIES HAS KILLED HIM.

This opens the door to say we should draft Crabtree though I would like to see the Rams draft him I do not care who they take as long as it is not Matthew Stafford/ Jason Smith or Mark Sanchez
    Sorry fam, we don't have enough money to make this happen...would be nice though.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Sorry fam, we don't have enough money to make this happen...would be nice though.
    If we dump Holt re-structure Pace and Bennett and maybe Bulger would re-structure to help the team we would have enough money.
    Just Fix It

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    If we dump Holt re-structure Pace and Bennett and maybe Bulger would re-structure to help the team we would have enough money.
    True but those are alot of if's and maybe's. I've never seen that much offseason movement in recent memory.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

If we got Matt Birk and re-signed Bartell I would be happy. Re-signing Becht and acquiring Butler would be good but we'd need to restructure some other contracts or trade Holt. Beyond that I'm afraid this may be a quiet FA period for us. Truthfully, we rarely or never had great fortune in FA, so it may not be a bad thing. The only good pick-ups I can recall were the "Doughnut Brothers".

Go Rams!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Jason Brown ..
    James Butler

If we bring in these two, we'll be off to a decent start. Maybe Billy and Spags have their eyes on a MLB who isn't a household name yet, but has good size and is serviceable. We'll just have to wait and see ..