Thread: My opinion

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

My opinion

I think we should trade down in the draft and try to acquire an extra pick or 2, preferably moving down to #4 and also getting #22.

I say if we can move down to #4 we should take Justin Blackmon with that pick. Then with #22 and #33 we take straight BPA.

If we can't move down, I'd take Kalil at #2 and Mohamed Sanu at #33. Sanu with some coaching could easily be the best WR in the draft.

I really like a lot of the WR prospects. One thing about Sanu that many guys dont do is he will eat you alive when blocking you.

Here are the WR's I'd take and in what range :

1-15: Justin Blackmon
    15-20: Michael Floyd
    20-32: Alshon Jeffery, Mohamed Sanu
    Rd 2: Kendall Wright, Reuben Randle
    Rd 3: Tommy Streeter, Stephen Hill, Ryan Broyles
    Rd 4: T.Y Hilton, Nick Toon, Jeff Fuller

Streeter and Hill I'd consider in Rd's 3 and 4 if we picked up an FA WR, if not, I'd address it with out first or 2nd rounder.

Blackmon is sick but I feel like some of the other WR prospects with nice coaching can develop into monsters.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Re: My opinion

Out of all those guys I like Blackmon, Floyd, Sanu and Streeter.

Everyone else, I don't like or isn't the type of Receiver we need. For example we have 3 ryan broyles on our team.

So your plan sounds fine to me. Take Kalil at 2. If not Blackmon, if we go lower than 4, then Reiff or Claiborne and Sanu at 33.

I don't mind Claiborne at 4....Mike Adams at 22....and Sanu at 33...Shoot that might give us more money for FA WR as we might not have to put money towards finnegan?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

My thoughts on the WR prospects and where they will/should be taken:

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He'll go in the top 10, probably top 6.

That's about right. Maybe a bit later, but probably a first round pick.

Jeffery could drop significantly if he doesn't "look the part" and run a good 40 time.

Sanu does not wow me. I wouldn't even look at him until Round 3.

If Wright runs a sub-4.4 (as most think he will), he'll be gone in the first round.

Randle is a bit of a mystery. Was his decent, but not spectacular, production due to the offense he played in? Round 2 sounds about right for him.

Streeter is a guy who I could see rise through the Combine/Pro Day process and possibly end up in Round 2.
    Hill in Round 3, maybe 4, is about right.
    Broyles was a late 1st/early 2nd round talent pre-injury. I could see a team like New England taking him to one day fill the Wes Welker role. I'd guess 4th round.

Round 4 or later, in all likelihood, for these three. I like Toon the best among these guys (I really liked watching his dad play back in the day).

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

I don't want any more Pettis/salas WR's we draft. If we draft one I want one that will be more of a sure fire guy like Blackmon or Floyd.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think we should trade down in the draft and try to acquire an extra pick or 2, preferably moving down to #4 and also getting #22.
    I think that would be ideal.

I say if we can move down to #4 we should take Justin Blackmon with that pick. Then with #22 and #33 we take straight BPA.
    Agreed.

If we can't move down, I'd take Kalil at #2 and Mohamed Sanu at #33. Sanu with some coaching could easily be the best WR in the draft.
    At second overall, I would lean Kalil at this point as well. But Sanu has never impressed me enough on the field for me to think he's good value at the top of the second round.

Here are the WR's I'd take and in what range :

Streeter and Hill I'd consider in Rd's 3 and 4 if we picked up an FA WR, if not, I'd address it with out first or 2nd rounder.
    Obviously the Combine could tweak this to an extent, but my current thoughts on where these guys will probably come off the board is...

1-10: Justin Blackmon
    10-20: Michael Floyd
    20-32: Kendall Wright, Alshon Jeffery
    Rd 2: Reuben Randle, Stephen Hill, Mohamed Sanu
    Rd 3: Tommy Streeter, Nick Toon, Juron Criner, Brian Quick, Joe Adams, Dwight Jones

Then it starts getting really crowded.

Blackmon is sick but I feel like some of the other WR prospects with nice coaching can develop into monsters.
    There are definitely some options, but at some point, you have to consider the need. The Rams have situational and depth receivers. They need a quality starter. When you dip into these Round Three or Four guys, the question becomes how much are you really upgrading.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think that would be ideal.

Agreed.

At second overall, I would lean Kalil at this point as well. But Sanu has never impressed me enough on the field for me to think he's good value at the top of the second round.

Obviously the Combine could tweak this to an extent, but my current thoughts on where these guys will probably come off the board is...

1-10: Justin Blackmon
    10-20: Michael Floyd
    20-32: Kendall Wright, Alshon Jeffery
    Rd 2: Reuben Randle, Stephen Hill, Mohamed Sanu
    Rd 3: Tommy Streeter, Nick Toon, Juron Criner, Brian Quick, Joe Adams, Dwight Jones

Then it starts getting really crowded.

There are definitely some options, but at some point, you have to consider the need. The Rams have situational and depth receivers. They need a quality starter. When you dip into these Round Three or Four guys, the question becomes how much are you really upgrading.
    I'd think ideally, we go grab Kalil at #2 and an FA vet WR. Bowe will probably be franchised.

" NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports "people close to" free agent Vincent Jackson are convinced he will ultimately be franchised despite reports to the contrary.The Chargers want to avoid a "year-to-year" situation with Jackson, but the sides have made no progress on a long-term deal. Even at $13.7 million, using the franchise tag would give GM A.J. Smith a wider window to negotiate a deal that would keep Jackson in San Diego beyond 2012. The Bolts are reported concerned about their receiving corps with Antonio Gates aging and no one capable of replacing V-Jax's production. "

I'd like to see whose available in FA for the WR's. If we grab a big one like Bowe, VJ, Stevie Johnson, or Colston I'd take Kalil at #2 and go BPA afterwords. But if we can't seem to grab ourselves a WR I'd very very much consider taking Blackmon at #2 even though Kalil is the better prospect.