Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By berg8309
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: my opinion about our first 3 picks

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

my opinion about our first 3 picks

I just had a thought about the draft and assuming blackmon is gone at 6 .. how would you guys like Claiborne at 6 .. Alshon Jeffrey and sanu with both our 2nd rounders ?? Our offense would be complete and have one of the best corner back duo.. I actually like Jeffrey cause he has the most potential and even though he has bad work.ethics that's why we have Jeff Fisher to.shape him up ! Opinion clan???

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: my opinion about our first 3 picks

I think there are so many scenerios it will be an excited draft....Many people have mixed opinions about this years WR class...

BUT I can assure you that this year's group of Wide Recievers are very, very deep and there will be steals into the late 4th round..possibly 5th......

Although there isn't a Fitz or CJ there are many more WRs that can help (much more than last year, or even year before)

Deepest WR draft since 2009 with Nicks, Britt, Crabtree, DHB, etc....and this could end up better

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

If we took Claiborne at 6 I'd hope like hell that Randle was there for our 33rd. I don't think we can afford to take 2 receivers that early but Jeffery has a ton of potential so if they think they can get him going then I'd say go for it.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I'd be against two WRs in the first three picks, regardless of combo, but especially if it is the two second round picks. We need quality, not quantity at wr,and have too many holes to stockpile the position with 2nd rounders.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I'd be against two WRs in the first three picks, regardless of combo, but especially if it is the two second round picks. We need quality, not quantity at wr,and have too many holes to stockpile the position with 2nd rounders.
    Agreed...also, not a big fan of Jeffrey at this point and would rather fill other needs; especially in the 2nd round.

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

Here's the thing though Jeffrey was projected #1 receiver before ... you don't lose talent .. Sanu is strong and has hands .. both of them can be amazing red zone targets .. Something we don't have

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by xkidflowx View Post
    Here's the thing though Jeffrey was projected #1 receiver before ... you don't lose talent .. Sanu is strong and has hands .. both of them can be amazing red zone targets .. Something we don't have
    Go look up Claude Wroten, a "1st round" talent we got in the 3rd thanks to work ethic concerns. Not sure he lost his talent, but that lack of a work ethic killed any chance he had at using it. Be wary of guys labeled as the #1 talent with questionable work ethic, they have a tendency to be unable to put it all together.

Also, we do need red zone targets...and we don't. Salas and Pettis, especially Pettis, were supposed to have great hands and a willingness to go up and get the ball. I do not know why we had so many drops last year, and they were part of the problem, but I am hopeful they can improve and fix the drop problem they never had in college. I know fans are an impatient lot, but you can't just cycle through rookies every year until you get some who produce right away and don't need time to develop. Sometimes you actually have to give your young guys another chance before you replace them, otherwise all you will do is turnover the entire team every year. Hence, I'm against stockpiling more 2nd tier receivers and hoping they don't need time to develop to become productive NFL players too.
    harrydog likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I just had a thought about the draft and assuming blackmon is gone at 6 .. how would you guys like Claiborne at 6 .. Alshon Jeffrey and sanu with both our 2nd rounders ?? Our offense would be complete and have one of the best corner back duo.. I actually like Jeffrey cause he has the most potential and even though he has bad work.ethics that's why we have Jeff Fisher to.shape him up ! Opinion clan???
    I would like Claiborne at 6, over Blackmon at 6. I would like Richardson at 6, over Blackmon at 6. I would like Floyd in the teens and another 2nd rounder over Blackmon at 6.

Also, it is highly unlikely that Fisher drafts two WRs this early in the draft, and "definitely" not at all, if Jerome Simpson signs with us.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I would like Claiborne at 6, over Blackmon at 6. I would like Richardson at 6, over Blackmon at 6. I would like Floyd in the teens and another 2nd rounder over Blackmon at 6.

Also, it is highly unlikely that Fisher drafts two WRs this early in the draft, and "definitely" not at all, if Jerome Simpson signs with us.
    I think Gibson and Pettis could be cut -- So there will be plenty of open space..

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I think Gibson and Pettis could be cut -- So there will be plenty of open space..
    I think Gibson and Alexander could be cut. Reason Alexander with bad knees. Pettis just beats Gibson out because of upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

I like WR Blackmon over CB Claiborne and RB Richardson. Far as I'm concerned WR Blackmon elevated his play even more in big games. When more is on the line he played better. He is flat out the best prospect coming out of college. The only knock is he is only 6'-1" tall. He plays bigger than his height. Not all WR's are 6'-5" tall and run 4.36 40. That's why he is called Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    If we took Claiborne at 6 I'd hope like hell that Randle was there for our 33rd. I don't think we can afford to take 2 receivers that early but Jeffery has a ton of potential so if they think they can get him going then I'd say go for it.
    I hope so to. I like R. Randle more than I do M. Floyd.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Alshon Jeffrey and sanu with both our 2nd rounders ?? Our offense would be complete
    Which one is going to convert to OT/OG?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Which one is going to convert to OT/OG?
    Given his weight issues, I'd say Jeffery.
    Rammed likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Sanu does have the down the field separation ability of a OT/G though

In all honesty, I like Claiborne as a first round pick, but of all the WRs in the draft, Jeffrey and Sanu are my least favourite, especially with where they are predicted to be drafted

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Like many others, I dont condone drafting 2 WR's in this draft, but for the threads sake, I'd either go with Rueben Randle (Round 2) and T.Y Hilton (Round 4) or Justin Blackmon/Michael Floyd (Round 1) and Brian Quick/A.J Jenkins (Round 3-4)

THE DREAM TEAM