Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My Own Best Picks in Rams History

Rawr is offline Registered User

Re: My Own Best Picks in Rams History

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I never said anything about Jones.
    Didn't say you did. I was just naming who I thought was the #2 prospect at RB that year. Doesn't matter if it was Chris Perry, Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell, Julius Jones, or any other highly rated RB in that draft...none were of SJ's caliber.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post

Didn't say you did. I was just naming who I thought was the #2 prospect at RB that year. Doesn't matter if it was Chris Perry, Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell, Julius Jones, or any other highly rated RB in that draft...none were of SJ's caliber.
    Easy to say in hindsight.

Rawr is offline Registered User

Re: My Own Best Picks in Rams History

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Easy to say in hindsight.
    My opinion of these guys isn't based off what they did AFTER they were drafted. I'm basing this off of their status as pre-draft prospects. I had SJ as a top 10 (possibly even top 5) prospect that year, and many others did as well. NOBODY had him falling all the way to 24. Those other guys (I'm unsure as to which one is the one you had us picking) were all projected around where we picked or lower.

Using this year's draft as example would look something like this. We don't need Clowney, so picking him at 2 with the intention of playing him at DE alongside Long, Quinn, and Hayes would not be a smart move. However, if he fell to us at 13, we'd have to think long and hard about pulling the trigger.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post

My opinion of these guys isn't based off what they did AFTER they were drafted. I'm basing this off of their status as pre-draft prospects. I had SJ as a top 10 (possibly even top 5) prospect that year, and many others did as well. NOBODY had him falling all the way to 24. Those other guys (I'm unsure as to which one is the one you had us picking) were all projected around where we picked or lower.

Using this year's draft as example would look something like this. We don't need Clowney, so picking him at 2 with the intention of playing him at DE alongside Long, Quinn, and Hayes would not be a smart move. However, if he fell to us at 13, we'd have to think long and hard about pulling the trigger.
    You seem to have missed my point.

I had SJ going in the first half of the first round, and Chris Perry to the Rams at 26. In the end, the Rams moved up for SJ after he unexpectedly dropped to #24. Perry went at #26, as I had predicted.

Prior to the draft, when I published my mock, there were some who said I was crazy to think the Rams would take ANY RB in the first round.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123